It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Iran and China Bought Missiles that Carry Nuclear Weapons From Ukraine.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Still checkin my facts, Seekerof? A History Major is admirable but some things you just don't find in books until it's "history" if you get my meaning.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by antipigopolist]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:30 PM
link   
You state that Iran sits on top of a giant oil supply...why then do they "need" to pursue nuclear power?

You state that the U.S. administration is salivating at the idea of attacking Iran for it's oil. I'm sure you said the same about Iraq. Provide us with info on how much oil the U.S. uses that comes out of Iraq. It's not much.

When Iran openly supports terrorism against the west, how do you think the west should respond? I suppose just roll over, as obviously we should when any nation decides to support the killing of any and all possible western civilians, then decides it wants to pose nuclear threats for it's bidding....?

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kyle325is
You state that Iran sits on top of a giant oil supply...why then do they "need" to pursue nuclear power?

You state that the U.S. administration is salivating at the idea of attacking Iran for it's oil. I'm sure you said the same about Iraq. Provide us with info on how much oil the U.S. uses that comes out of Iraq. It's not much.

When Iran openly supports terrorism against the west, how do you think the west should respond? I suppose just roll over, as obviously we should when any nation decides to support the killing of any and all possible western civilians, then decides it wants to pose nuclear threats for it's bidding....?

To your first question: Yes this is odd as it would be more cost effective and beneficial to utilize their abundance of natural gas. And it is troublesome that the Iranian officials are steadfast in their lack of willingness to negotiate.

Your second statement makes no sense with regard to my previous idea and conclusion...please rephrase.

To your third question: Take a good hard look at how we have treated and manipulated Iran in the past. I'm not saying we should not investigate a potential threat but I fear we are allowing our administration to police the world to their own beneficial ends because of the tragedy of 9/11.

"The high office of President has been used to foment a plot to destroy the Americans freedom, and before I leave office I must inform the citizen of his plight."
--John Fitzgerald Kennedy Columbia University, 10 days before his assassination

In my opinion this is still the case.

But dude....if I may call you dude...this is about money/power/control. I've made my statement and provided a link (which you obviously have ignored) to help any that wish to look 20/20. Ignore it if you like....it matters not.

[edit on 5-2-2005 by antipigopolist]

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I don't understand why some countries must be more equal than others. Why can't Iran have nuclear facilities when many other countries have them? After the WMD shame in Iraq, how can I believe to Adolf Bush's claims about any nation leaders?

I have noticed a pattern: impose sanctions on a country until the economy collapses, then regime change. After that, things improve as the sanctions are lifted. What a magic!

posted on Feb, 5 2005 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Iran should have the right to nuclear power, it comes out cheaper for them with a higher energy output while they can sell of their black gold and natural gas to the nations that drink it up like water. I am not afraid of a war with Iran breaking out because I know it wont happen. Iran is not Iraq. The terrain is alot less forgiving and the troops our soldiers would come against will not surrender lightly. Their army is most likely feeling very patriotic and just wishing the U.S. would dare to strike them on any front to make them feel sorry. It will not be a walk in the park that is Iraq. Because sure we may have had 1000+ deaths so far but as far as war goes, Iraq has probably been the easiest one ever fought. Any physical confrontation with Iran will be very bloody, not to mention our ground force would have a very difficult time just crossing the mountains that completely surround the country.

Iran probably bought these missles out of fear at first, but eventually came to realize they really would not need them for defensive measures because America would not be able to justify the amount of lives that would be lost in that confrontation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join