It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Slaughter At Phoenix Comicon Averted, Man With Loaded Shotgun And 3 Handguns Arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Appears we had another nut-case that appears to have been planning to shoot down some officers (or worse) at the Phoenix Comicon. News video and story at the link below:

www.wfaa.com...

PHOENIX - Police arrested a man armed with four loaded guns inside the Phoenix Convention Center Thursday during Phoenix Comicon.

Officers said the 30-year-old Valley man was armed with a shotgun, three handguns and knives, as well as ammunition and "other handheld weapons." Police said he was wearing body armor.

He struggled with officers, according to police, but nobody was injured in the incident. He has not been identified.

A woman reported that the man was posting photos of Phoenix police officers from the event on social media. Police immediately responded to take him into custody around noon.

Police officials believe the man intended to attack officers, but he was taken into custody before ever drawing or pointing a gun.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I guess the womens-only viewing of Wonder Woman wasnt fake outrage after all

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Wonderful. Even the NGD (nerds, geeks, dorks) conventions are a po-po revenge target. Can't we just let people have their fun?

We have a serious anti-LEO problem with our society, I really don't think it's going away any time soon.
edit on 5/27/2017 by Nyiah because: sentence worded funny

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Idreamofme

Wow... appears this happened Thursday and wasn't reported widely, Only local stations. Security must be crap at that convention.

I seriously wonder why this isn't bigger news on CNN, MSNBC, etc.

www.phoenixnewtimes.com...

Gunman Arrested at Phoenix Comicon Claimed He’s The Punisher and Wanted to Kill Jason David Frank

According to court documents, the 31-year-old Mesa resident told Phoenix Police detectives that he was a real-life version of famed Marvel Comics vigilante The Punisher. He also stated that he would kill “bad police officers” if need be to protect himself or his friends.

Both revelations were included in court documents, specifically a lengthy probable cause statement written by detectives who interviewed Sterling after his arrest. The statement also detailed how he slipped past security and was apprehended by police.

New Times has also learned that Sterling allegedly wanted to kill Mighty Morphin Power Rangers actor Jason David Frank (a special guest at this year’s Phoenix Comicon) and claimed he had a vendetta against the star.

Court:

edit on 27-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Just realized how hard it must be to do accurate security screenings at a comic convention.

"Rocket launcher, 2 machine guns, and... a baby."
"Everything seems in order here. Move along."
Props to the officers for stopping this!
BlueLivesMatter

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

If you've ever been to one of these, they're next to impossible to secure. If someone wants to get in, they will.

Amazing, even these aren't safe...

I only wish it weren't sounding prophetic...

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAY1980
Just realized how hard it must be to do accurate security screenings at a comic convention.

"Rocket launcher, 2 machine guns, and... a baby."
"Everything seems in order here. Move along."
Props to the officers for stopping this!
BlueLivesMatter

Germany banned all weapon props for any convention. They went a little overboard with that but reading the OP i'm not so sure anymore. Good that they caught the guy before he could harm anyone. The Punisher kills criminals you dumb f#ck. Should have raided a gang banger hideout or stormed a meth lab. Why do these retards always go for the good guys? F#cking useless meat bag.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
No wonder it is being ignored by the establishment media.

He is not a white male.
edit on 27-5-2017 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I see reading the thread that I was right - he claimed it was related to cosplay and LARP.

I've been to cons. Serious amount of fun to be had at one, but one nutcase could spoil it for a lot of folks.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Wonderful. Even the NGD (nerds, geeks, dorks) conventions are a po-po revenge target. Can't we just let people have their fun?

We have a serious anti-LEO problem with our society, I really don't think it's going away any time soon.

While I agree that there is anti-leo sentiment out there, I believe that there are an over abundance of lunatics. Mental illness seems to be on a sharp rise. Like the guy from Portland who was anti-everything and ended up killing two upstanding innocent men.

new topics

top topics

join