It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Won’t Roll Back US Sanctions Against Russia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Much to the chagrins of the "Russians" and the "Russians did it" crowds, it looks like the one thing the Russians had to gain with Trump (and all his collusions with Russians) as President won't be materializing any time soon.

A REAL White House adviser, Gary Cohn, said Trump won't be rolling back any sanctions against Russia !!

My God !! ... Now WHAT ?

Aide: Trump Won’t Roll Back US Sanctions Against Russia
Says US Wants to 'Get Tougher' Against Russia in the Future

Top White House adviser Gary Cohn today insisted that President Trump no longer intends to make any efforts to roll back US sanctions against Russia, and that “if anything, we would probably look to get tougher on Russia” in the future.

The Trump Administration has struggled with consistency on its Russia policy, as Trump campaigned very openly on diplomatic rapprochement in 2016, with expectations of rolling back the excesses of Obama’s sanctions. After the election he started talking about wanting some sort of concessions, though these too were eventually abandoned.

Facing political opposition to any improved relationship with Russia, Cohn’s comments are in keeping with other recent reports out of the administration, which vowed to keep the sanctions in place unless Russia gave up Crimea, and made other major moves they clearly would not have any intention of making.

Link to the Linked Politico Article

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Give them time, they'll find some way to spin it.

It's doubtful the narrative is going to change anytime soon, even in light of actual evidence that contradicts the entire premise of their story!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Its just part of Putins master plan.
*diabolical laughter*

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Its just part of Putins master plan.
*diabolical laughter*

Rumors say Putin is deliberately screwing up the Russian economy because he wants the current government of Belarus to annex Russia !

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Ok wait a minute, your source has an actual name and working in a job that would put him in a position to actually know what he is talking about. This is amazing.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot

Ok wait a minute, your source has an actual name and working in a job that would put him in a position to actually know what he is talking about. This is amazing.

I couldn't believe it !!

I almost put this in the "Gray Area" forum !!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

This proves that Trump is in collusion with Russia!

They just planned it this way so it doesn't look like Trump is BFF with Putin. (But later, they'll make up and go to the prom together)

Diabolical!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
That sucks.

I was really hoping to pick up another AK made at the original Izmash factory.

Oh well. I am still hopeful Chinese AKs will be allowed to be imported again if Trump lifts the Clinton-era ban.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

This proves that Trump is in collusion with Russia!

They just planned it this way so it doesn't look like Trump is BFF with Putin. (But later, they'll make up and go to the prom together)

Diabolical!

Listen up Hillary, you're drunk, again. Log off and go to bed

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Woa woa woa.... this is obviously right wing propaganda attempting to hide the collusion, I would even venture to say that the Russians have hacked Politico and planted the story.

Nice try, you evil Ruskies, we know how you work.

I can not wait for WAPO, CNN, and NYT to set the record straight, plenty of unnamed sources to mention.

As others have noted this could just be an evil plan by that dictator Putin and his puppet Trump, exactly like having him strike Syria in order to prove that they are not working together.

Another thing we should wait for is virtuous Podesta to chime in, perhaps honest Hillary could address this and help her base sleep better tonight.
edit on America/ChicagoSaturdayAmerica/Chicago05America/Chicago531pmSaturday4 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
What a great thread. It is sad that the intended audience of this wonderful sarcasm won't be able to understand or appreciate it.

triggered ..... triggered ..... triggered .... 'short-circuit' ... triggered

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I´m eagerly awaiting the usual suspects to try a spin on this. Good find xünchen.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Sanctions or not makes no difference. There is no trade between Russia and America in the first place.

top topics

join