It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why are you so sure Trump did NOT make a deal????

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Presumption of innocence is fundamental property of free societies. To presume guilt is to act in accordance with tyranny.

I think a more important question is: why are members of a liberal democracy presuming guilt?
edit on 27-5-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

Why did you leave out 2 & 3? Intellectual dishonesty?

a :  the state of one who has committed an offense especially consciously His guilt was written in his face.
b :  feelings of deserving blame especially for imagined offenses or from a sense of inadequacy :  self-reproach
:  a feeling of deserving blame for offenses Wracked by guilt, he confessed his affairs.

Guilt is a complicated state of being.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Presumption of innocence is fundamental property of free societies. To presume guilt is to act in accordance with tyranny.

For governments. In social situations its best to separate oneself from questionable and suspicious persons. "Guilt by association" is also a very real thing.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:49 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

OK bub, the topic is did Trump collude with Russia.

Right now we don't know.

If he did, burn him, but right now it doesn't look that way.

What I can tell you is the DNC collided to oust Bernie, and they did.

But that doesn't get talked about in MSM or mainstream society, because of this.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Why are you so sure Trump isnt an alien? You havent proven he isnt.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

For governments. In social situations its best to separate oneself from questionable and suspicious persons. "Guilt by association" is also a very real thing.

It's also a very real fallacy.

If you suppose only governments should adhere to the principles of a free society, I might remind you of mob and vigilantly justice.
edit on 27-5-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy
If there was evidence of collusion, it certainly would have been leaked.

It took 2 years for the Watergate scandal to unseat Nixon.

I don't think Liberals and corrupted media will last that much.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

No it isn't. The topic is: Why are you so sure Trump did NOT make a deal????

I'm not at all sure he didn't make a deal. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he did.

a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Tell that to all the people who's characters have been assassinated because they were deemed "guilty by association". Tell it to the people that were "Black Listed" by Sen. McCarthy.

If you suppose only governments should adhere to the principles of a free society, I might remind you of mob and vigilantly justice.

Only governments can convict and jail criminals. Civilians are not bound by the same restriction we put on our governments. The 1st Amendment, for example, protects free speech from governmental punishment, not from social ramifications.

edit on 27-5-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

just a question, what are the laws concerning how the political parties pick their candidates??
I don't really think there are any, at least at the national level, the candidates are picked according to rules that the parties themselves put into place. considering how sanders was treated, should there be some federal laws regulating them, maybe...
but at the present time, I don't think that there are any, so, collusion within the party to ensure that their choice candidate is nominated is perfectly legal.

I might be wrong, but someone would have to prove it to me.

and all of this doesn't compare to having the president elect's right hand man asking the russian ambassador to set up a secure line to russia bypassing our national security agencies. if it's true....which, I admit, it might not be, and the reason I say that is that it would be an insane thing to do!! but, there seems to be alot of insanity coming out of the trump white house so who knows?

edit on 27-5-2017 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Whether he made a deal or not is irrelevant. Unlike in Russia where the president has all the power, in the US the congress has more power than the president. In the US the president doesn't do anything he wants to do. If the deal was Trump bomb Ukraine in exchange Russia hack DNC, Congress wouldn't allow him to bomb Ukraine.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna

Why are you so sure Trump isnt an alien? You havent proven he isnt.

Because we haven't even proven aliens exist.. let alone are visiting planet earth..

We know the leaks happened on the eve of the election..

We know the FBI, CIA and NSA all agree the Russians did the hack and separately purposefully helped trump win the GOP nomination and the presidential election..

We know roger stone knew the leaks were coming before the leaks..

We know trump fired multiple people after the press found out they were on Russian payrolls.

We know Flynn offered to drop sanctions..

We know trump's only change to the GOP party platform was to remove giving Ukraine military aid.

And none of that is even debated..

The main reason I buy it is it is not a bad deal...

Almost guaranteeing you win the presidency in exchange for lifting sanctions and just not interfering with Ukraine?!?!

You couldn't find 4 Americans that care about either thing..

Thats a deal almost any cut throat buisness man takes if they think they can get away with it.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

No it isn't. The topic is: Why are you so sure Trump did NOT make a deal????

I'm not at all sure he didn't make a deal. As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure he did.

Tell that to all the people who's characters have been assassinated because they were deemed "guilty by association". Tell it to the people that were "Black Listed" by Sen. McCarthy.

Only governments can convict and jail criminals. Civilians are not bound by the same restriction we put on our governments. The 1st Amendment, for example, protects free speech from governmental punishment, not from social ramifications.

I would tell them it's a fallacy, and that only irrational minds would make such conclusions.

You either believe in the principles enshrined in those laws or you don't. It's that simple. Presumption of innocence is a principle, not a law. Freedom of speech is a principle, not a law.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I agree with the principles that the government can't lock up a person without due process. I reject the idea that I have to wait and have a jury or judge tell me what to think about an individual's culpability.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kryties

originally posted by: EartOccupant
a reply to: Kryties

Investigate what exactly?

Your hopes and dreams?

Where is the crime??

Colluding with Russia to win the election.

Are you serious?????

All the Trump voters didn't give a rats ass about Russia. Russians didn't vote in Trump. Russians didn't stuff ballots. Russians didn't hack voting machines.
Trump winning had nothing to do with Russia. Trump winning was because the opposition was the hypocrisy party run by the DNC to elect Hillary. A known felon who has been escaping justice for years. That pissed off enough people to make Trump win it all, and make the left eat it. Which one was it? Making Trump win, or making the left eat it? Pick one.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If Russia wanted to influence United States politics, all that had to be done was to send a pile of money to the Clinton's and the media would have never complained. Would have been more efficient and avoided the hostilities.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
People are usually innocent until proven guilty.

Usually.

Actually, they're either guilty or they're not and proof is only required in order to justify punishment.

What you're talking about is the Presumption of innocence until proven guilty.

In other words, whether you're actually guilty or not, we're going to give you the benefit of the doubt until such time as a jury of your peers determines your guilt based on the evidence/proof provided in a court of law.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Usually.

Except when it's Hillary.
Right?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Usually.

Except when it's Hillary.
Right?

uuuHaHaHa

The State Department published all the blacked-out emails (well most of em) chock-full of classified material right off the "private" system.

uuuHaHaHa

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Try her then.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join