It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM and The Big Lie

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

The sources you are posting are saying something completely different from the claims you are making.

""We've been reviewing and evaluating this issue with respect to General Flynn on a daily basis for a few weeks trying to ascertain the truth," Spicer said. "

How exactly does that equate to President Trump lying about 'knowing' about Flynn? All that's being proven is that the Trump administration had suspicions about Flynn and were looking into it. Of course, when the Trump administration found out, he was fired immediately.

Maybe you should re-read your own sources? You are coming to conclusions that do not synchronize with what is actually being presented.

What's up with that?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Fired immediately eighteen days later.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Nunes rushing off to White House the night before dropping fizzled "unmasking" narrative. Confirmed.

Broken by Daily Beast - Devin Nunes Vanished the Night Before He Made Trump Surveillance Claims

Later confirmed - NBC News - Nunes Had Secret White House Meeting Before Trump Monitoring Claim:

"Chairman Nunes met with his source at the White House grounds in order to have proximity to a secure location where he could view the information provided by the source," said his spokesman, Jack Langer.

Next:

Nunes being fed documents at WH meeting, by administration. Confirmed.

Broken by NYT - 2 White House Officials Helped Give Nunes Intelligence Reports

Confirmed by ABC News, Newsweek, WaPo and others independently. We all know how that turned out right? An ethics violation complaint was lodged and Nunes recused himself.

Carter Page actively recruited by SVR.

NYT - Russian Spies Tried to Recruit Carter Page Before He Advised Trump

Confirmed - ABC News - Trump campaign adviser Carter Page targeted for recruitment by Russian spies:

Page confirmed to ABC News that he is the individual identified as "Male-1" in a 2015 court document submitted in a case involving the Russian spies.

What's that leave? The three about Kushner?

Kushner meeting with VEB chairman

Broken by Reuters - Trump son-in-law met executives of sanctioned Russian bank, will testify

Confirmed by VEB - CNN -Russian banker who met with Jared Kushner has ties to Putin

VEB confirmed the meeting with Kushner in a statement to CNN, though described Kushner in his role as head of Kushner Companies, not as a representative of Trump.

"During 2016 the bank's management repeatedly met with representatives of the world's leading financial institutions in Europe, Asia and America ... including the head of Kushner Companies, Jared Kushner," the VEB statement said.

Next up:

Kushner meeting with Kisylak. Confirmed.

The New Yorker - Trump, Putin, and the New Cold War

Confirmed - NYT - Kushner and Flynn Met With Russian Envoy in December, White House Says:

“They generally discussed the relationship and it made sense to establish a line of communication,” Ms. Hicks said. “Jared has had meetings with many other foreign countries and representatives — as many as two dozen other foreign countries’ leaders and representatives.”

NYT - Kushner Omitted Meeting With Russians on Security Clearance Forms

Confirmed in statement by Jamie Gorelick, Kushner's attorney. (same source article).

There you go. Next time you want to question my credibility, I'll just refer you to this thread. Perhaps it's time you switch gears and fall in line with the rest of the Trumpster fire MAGAtard muppet brigade of useful idiots and switch from "it's all lies" to "it's the a deep state coup!" because this garbage isn't working for anyone who isn't lazy or forcefully ignorant.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Just remember who controls the FCC, it's the CIA.

The Big Lie is nothing new to the properganda networks, it's political in supporting a corrupt narrative, always has been.

Yes it is true, the corrupt politicians in Washington do not like Trump because they cannot control him.

However, I do believe the CIA has their hands around Trump throat, as I type this, so to speak.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   

My goodness, you're on a whole other universe!

You say: "Carter Page actively recruited by SVR."

Your source says "Russian Spies TRIED to Recruit" "and the bureau never accused Mr. Page of wrongdoing."

Do we need an English lesson on the difference between TRIED to recruit and 'recruited'?

I went through a few of the articles you've been posting, lots of stuff with 'not been accused of criminal offenses', 'allegedly', and 'anonymous claims'.

I'll give you this, there is no question about your credibility. It's certain where your credibility lies, face down in the gutter.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Really? I can't tell if you're being intellectually dishonest or you just want to believe so bad that you would cherry-pick one line of mealy-mouthed Spicer's misleading statements.

How about this part?

According to Spicer, then-Acting Attorney General Sally Yates informed the White House last month that Flynn may have misled the administration about the nature of his December phone calls with Kislyak. "Immediately after the Department of Justice notified the White House counsel of the situation, the White House counsel briefed the president and a small group of senior advisers," Spicer said.

FACT: The President was briefed by Yates according to Spicer. That means that weeks before the resignation (remember, Yates was canned for not enforcing the travel ban attempt #1), the President was made aware that Flynn had lied. You somehow twist that into this:

All that's being proven is that the Trump administration had suspicions about Flynn and were looking into it.

Not at all. Sally Yates went directly to the administration and told them flat out that Flynn was lying and they sat on it until the leaks forced them to do something about it.

It was all in the Yates testimony. You can read the full transcript here.

YATES: I had two in-person meetings and one phone call with the White House Counsel about Mr. Flynn. The first meeting occurred on January 26, called Don McGahn first thing that morning and told him that I had a very sensitive matter that I needed to discuss with him, that I couldn't talk about it on the phone and that I needed to come see him. And he agreed to meet with me later that afternoon.

I took a senior member of the national security division who was overseeing this matter with me to meet with Mr. McGahn. We met in his office at the White House which is a skiff (ph) so we could discuss classified information in his office. We began our meeting telling him that there had been press accounts of statements from the vice president and others that related conduct that Mr. Flynn had been involved in that we knew not to be the truth.

YATES: So I told them again that there were a number of press accounts of statements that had been made by the vice president and other high-ranking White House officials about General Flynn's conduct that we knew to be untrue. And we told them how we knew that this - how we had this information, how we had acquired it, and how we knew that it was untrue.

And we walked the White House Counsel who also had an associate there with him through General Flynn's underlying conduct, the contents of which I obviously cannot go through with you today because it's classified. But we took him through in a fair amount of detail of the underlying conduct, what General Flynn had done, and then we walked through the various press accounts and how it had been falsely reported.

So yeah, none of this is accurate:

All that's being proven is that the Trump administration had suspicions about Flynn and were looking into it. Of course, when the Trump administration found out, he was fired immediately.

They didn't have suspicions, Yates flat came to them and told them what was going on and how it was known. They didn't need to investigate, she gave them proof. They didn't fire Flynn — let alone, immediately — they sat on it until the leaks forced their hand.

Yates told them on January 26th. The leaks that exposed Flynn lying about discussing sanctions (actually confirming earlier leaks questioning the calls which spurred the questions to VP Pence and others where false responses were given) were dropped by WaPo on February 9th.

Flynn resigned on February 13th right after Kellyanne Conway said Flynn had the "full confidence" of the President — another lie from the administration.

How you can spin all that into the delusional fantasy that you just espoused is beyond me. You seem like an intelligence person. As I said earlier, I assume it has to do with your emotional investment in Trump. I'm sorry that you're so wantonly deluded but it's unlikely I can persuade you to reconnect with reality. Most likely, that will only happen when something finally happens or is exposed that doesn't leave you the few molecules width of wiggle room you require to claim reasonable doubt.

A for me, I've invested too much time in this already and I've got things to do with the rest of my dad. Enjoy!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

I stand by what I said. The SVR was actively recruiting Page. I didn't say they were succesful. That was clearly implied by the "actively" part. If you read the testimony from the spies, he was playing ball. Had the ring not been busted up, who knows if they would have been successful?

I'll give you this, there is no question about your credibility. It's certain where your credibility lies, face down in the gutter.

Yeeeaah. You've managed to go the entire thread this far without backing up your claims from the OP. I've asked you to offer an example or two, twice, and you've just blown past that because you can't support your own delusional narrative.

So instead, you lie back and try to nitpick the phrasing? Worse yet, the point that you were trying to make in the first place was what? Can you even remember? It's right in the title: "MSM and The Big Lie"

Was the reporting on Carter Page a lie? No. Carter Page confirmed it. That's the point you so desperately want to ignore. These things come out and folks like you scream "fake news" and then they are confirmed. Enjoy your fantasy world as long as you can maintain it.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Carter Page was an intelligence officer in the military.

Wanna bet he has been deep undercover and actually gathering intel (or planting fake intel seeds) while the Russians were locked in a comfort zone !

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Facts are facts, regardless of how much you want to spin something.

“advanced persistent threat” — may or may not be associated with the F.S.B., the main successor to the Soviet-era K.G.B., but it is widely believed to be a Russian government operation.

www.nytimes.com...

Until you are able to move beyond the realm of speculation and into certainty, well it's still just speculation.

I don't get the feeling that the main concept is that it 'might or might not' be Russia who hacked the DNC, it's claimed as a certainty, and there is no measurable levels you can bring forth to show how much the elections were influenced by the actual leaks.

As for Yates, it shouldn't be a surprise that it would take time to verify her claims, she was an Obama appointee after-all. Her political motives were probably taken into consideration, or maybe the evidence she presented wasn't as convincing as you like to suggest.

Mr. Flynn, who was fired after 24 days in the job, was initially kept on even after the acting attorney general, Sally Q. Yates, warned the White House that he might be subject to blackmail

www.nytimes.com...

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I've been considering that possibility. Brilliant moves that are sabotaged by vengeful democrats. It's truly shameful.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

If its so laughable, why are people involved pleading the 5th? Yeah that's what I thought!!! If its so laughable why have the memos not been turned over even though they have set a deadline which was ignored? Yeah thought so!!! Why are these documents going to have to take a court subpoena to get them???? Thought so. There is a reason people do not want to talk and want deals!!!! Are you people that ignorant?????? You do not plead the 5th if you think you have done the right thing!!!

If the head of the Justice department can and all the people involved in the Clinton case can why not? I don't agree with it either but I bet they are taking a page out of all the 5th in the Clinton case.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Unlike your parroted MSM opinions, Iraq was given self-determination in the form of a republic.

You are parroting MSM, not me.

I don't give a rats ass what documents, promises, treaties, statements or any other lies spewed by the US warmongers says, I can see the reality with my own two eyes, "God, Emperor, Tyrant".

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join