It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MSM and The Big Lie

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

Sorry for the obscure reference. It was a battle cry for the movement within the movie 'Fight Club'. The member died in trying to bring to fruition the plans to bring down the establishment. Seth Rich died in his duties of trying to inform the populace of the corruption he witnessed.

I personally hope we do not stoop the level of the MSM. Even if by some miraculous turn of events, our side was broadcast over the airwaves that exposed the corruption and lies, would it really make a difference? We would have people blindly spouting the new information they heard without any insight or thought. It would be empty.

Maybe we are stronger for being forced to search for the truth. Maybe the bias of the MSM will lead directly to their downfall. When people get tired of hearing the lies and start to search for the truth, it will be more meaningful when they find it themselves instead of being spoonfed the info.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I think (small thought) I think that we have a small advantage.

Hitler controlled every aspect of the media. Leftist//Marxists don't.

We actually combat them every day.

Are we effective? Meh. Probably not. But if the past elections are any indication, then the sickness that the MSM is trying to spread is ineffective in most areas of the country.

Sure, population sense areas still obey the whims and lies of the media, but out in fly-over country people all haven't fallen for the lies and propaganda.

There is always hope.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

The Democrats are out for blood and with the witch hunt that's going on, it's what I'd do too. If they have proof, let them show it, but I'd be damned if I'd open my mouth and let them skew and manipulate every word I said, looking to trap me.
A better way to look at the bigger picture might be to loose the larger labels of DNC and GOP and consider some of the main actors and motives . The link to the Reddit shows a Joe Biden link .The crowdstrike IT source shows a Ukrainian link .The Russian Narrative would help Bidens hold onto his interests in the Ukraine as well as other big players in that game .

The bigger story has many parts we don't see yet but the mosaic pieces are being found and being properly placed . The resolution is not sharp but we get the basic picture .The MSM narrative keeps putting the smaller pieces that don't really belong and makes it a bit fuzzy as long as we keep them in our minds eye .

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Great OP. And your quiet correct, it is very concerning, especially if a significant portion of the masses are falling for it.

I remain hopeful that most of the sane people left in the US can see through the BS and will simply choose to turn it off. That is our best hope.

And really, the MSM has degenerated to the point that today, it just looks like an endless anti-Trump/pro-leftist infomercial without the cute chick in a short skirt.
edit on 27-5-2017 by TonyS because: spellning

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Why are you so sure Trump did not make a deal???

Obviously you were not there..so how are you so confident???

See I THINK Trump did make a deal, but could absolutely be wrong...

You don't seem to be leaving any room for your errors...

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

How are you so sure Trump did not make a deal??

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Do you guys realize that this whole...Hillary/Trump/Obama faction (tribal) fight that is going on is completely designed to tear apart the very unity of the United States? The more any of you point fingers, plug your ears or whatever childlike internet expressions of hate/disgust you have...the more that a middle path erodes and those in power take your money.

Perhaps we can unite against that?

The citizens have seceded their own rights under the Patriot Act, we are being told to live in fear.

This whole thing is a "look in my left hand" while the right hand is doing something else. It's part of a master plan and everyone is buying it.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

the MSM is using propaganda techniques that originated from the Nazis in order to do harm to our President and to the nation as a whole

Stop whining like babies about the media. Trump is corrupt, pointing out his corruption isn't harming the nation- electing him harmed the nation.

Conservative media used propaganda to dumb down and harm our nation is what your post should say.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

What kind of deal? There's no evidence the Russians hacked into vote tabulating machines, there's no evidence of wide spread pro-Trump propaganda from Russia; there's scant evidence they hacked the DNC, but even if they dd, it didn't turn the election as there was no big reveal in any released materials. The biggest reveal was the Clinton involvement in the Uranium deal, but that was public record before the election.

I honestly don't see it. Truth be told, Trump less won the election than HRC lost it.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: CB328

the MSM is using propaganda techniques that originated from the Nazis in order to do harm to our President and to the nation as a whole

Stop whining like babies about the media. Trump is corrupt, pointing out his corruption isn't harming the nation- electing him harmed the nation.

Conservative media used propaganda to dumb down and harm our nation is what your post should say.

Well, I guess the access to multiple sources and sides through the internet really doesn't enlighten everyone now does it?

Not that I don't agree that he isn't corrupt, but what was our alternative again? Oh, that's right, HER. Who has a proven tract record of corruption and maybe even a little murder on the side.

Maybe the people who adhere to the notion that (IN POLITICS & GOVERNMENT) one side is better than the other are the true danger. These are the people that feed the MSM.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

For months we have heard non-stop about Russian involvement in President Trump's campaign. The claims are egregious, and the sources are anonymous. The average person has come to accept this Big Lie as veritable truth, only because of complacent acceptance due to endless bombardment of this Big Lie.

What's egregious here is your conflation but it's understandable considering that the average Trump supporters wants to shove all reporting unfavorable of Trump into the same box, label it "fake news" and ignore it.

What MSM outlet claims to have conclusive evidence of collusion? None. What we've gotten is drips and drabs that suggest the possibility of impropriety. For example:

- Flynn lying about communications with Kislyak. Confirmed.
- Flynn lying about getting paid by the Kremlin for his speaking engagement at the RT Gala. Confirmed.
- Flynn not registering as foreign agent for Turkey. Confirmed.
- AG Sessions meetings with Kisylak. Confirmed.
- AG Sessions omitting meetings with Kisylak from security clearance questionnaire. Confirmed.
- Nunes rushing off to White House the night before dropping fizzled "unmasking" narrative. Confirmed.
- Nunes being fed documents at WH meeting, by administration. Confirmed.
- Carter Page actively recruited by SVR. Confirmed.
- Kushner meeting with VEB chairman. Confirmed.
- Kushner meeting with Kisylak. Confirmed.
- Kushner omitting meetings with Kisylak, VEB chairman, etc from clearance questionnaire. Confirmed?

That's just a few off the top of my head. Then there are the issues of lying from the administration. Do you need a few of those many many many examples?

This is all seperate from Trump's own shady behavior. Trump knew for weeks that Flynn was lying and didn't can him. It wasn't until it was leaked that Flynn resigned and then the assholes in the Trump administration tried to point to that as an example of Trump taking decisive action because he's such a strong leader.

Trump fired Comey and the reason for the termination in the letter the administration leaked was a lie. Trump admitted as much in public (Holt interview) and in private to Russian officials whose asses he was trying to kiss (though not directly confirmed, Spicer acknowledged it and offered a weak explanation.) Meanwhile, all the muppets from the administration were running around repeating the lie about the termination being a result of Rosenstein's recommendation.

The "big lie" here is the lie you tell yourself because you're so emotionally invested in Trump that you refuse to acknowledge the reality that Trump and friends are a buch of lying assholes and the things they keep getting busted lying about are their communications with Russian officials and the obstruction of the investigations into possible collusion.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

So neither side is innocent? Or is is just the conservatives that are dishonest in your opinion?

Slightly off topic, what are your thoughts on Hillary? Is/Was she corrupt? Would she have made a better president than Trump? Is the DNC an honest organization?

You can spout all day about the possible evils of Trump, but how do you feel about the other side?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I must have struck a cord for ATS' own Minister of Truth to grace this thread!

It's probably a good thing you aren't undertaking any diplomatic missions. That's for sure.

Great to see all this circumstantial evidence being confirmed by, well, you. Maybe you could provide the numerous anonymous sources from MSM outlets to prove all your assertions?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: the2ofusr1

Just marking your thread and putting a link to another thread that has pretty good evidence that the DNC fabricated Guicerfer 2 and created the Russian hack narrative . The MSM are only peddling that narrative probably because of orders from the higher ups www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, that one starts with Once upon a time too?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

you're so emotionally invested in Trump

Don't act like we haven't seen your in-effin-sane pre and post election behavior on here.

You have zero, and I mean ZERO credibility to call people emotionally invested.

Did I say that in enough words per minute for you?

I just picture...

"MOM, their doing it again!"
oiaswhfpiwehyfiqerhfqehfuweipuwh sdfhgsdiofhghf iuhvfipsuhfvpdiufh uhfvcpsdiuvhdvfpiu fviuhvdf
sdyvosduihdihihdphsdfvuihdfvfiuhfoefihedfiuhdefgipufghfefpiufhefdgpiuhdfdfuhfdeguihfpifgvfdsg
dsfpogvihahoiuahudfvipoahuvfauivgfhapuivfhapiuvhasdfpvuhdefipuhdefpigvuhafdpiuvghvaphusghvasdgvasdfv
sadvaksdlukvhanuivhahvgifouhdffvipuhfgvoiuhfvasuifhvaiphfvihfvpiuahdfviuahedgfviuhaweiufghfiahfgasdfgswd
fsadgfasdfvhoaiuhdf The Russians v9pasdvpiuhwspduioghfvpiwuohdfvjpuhsvopiuasvjsduvhasdpsdkvhpuauivpasdvuhvpihvpuihsv
because
isufihfvcihfvighfv0uahwedgfvuhpuh awvuahvfdiv asiuhvaiv eiuhvedf vhvdsahviapsid fg asdhv aeighfv p-0asdfghv
and
pasivoisuvpihpv 9 duhn pi7hansdfgufyh-9vy7-9yaer[ogv mear9vyh-9 hdfev[h8ae- vev7uhvp aivh
9opSHJD9fvhs9-ghfv9ahvahdfjv[oaysdjfv[oijvo[fijvovjdfaoijfvpoiuj[ojujjoouhujsdghya-[978yh8ref
Trumps Bad
You are emotionally attached
Go DNC

Edit..I would just try and distract everyone, instead of fight with words, it is MD weekend, you are going to be working overtime. Here, try a good video for distraction, it's a translation of your last post.

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5 by Mandroid7 because: addded fun video

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

So neither side is innocent? Or is is just the conservatives that are dishonest in your opinion?

When it comes to politics, assume that half of everything is a lie in general. Of course the Democrats/folks on the Left lie. That doesn't mean that this administration is uniquely dishonest though does it? I would hardly say that it represents traditional conservatism either.

Slightly off topic, what are your thoughts on Hillary? Is/Was she corrupt? Would she have made a better president than Trump? Is the DNC an honest organization?

Of course she is and she's been busted lying about among other things, her email server, a number of times in just the run up to the election. Is the DNC an honest organization? Any sufficiently large organization will have corruption. It certainly hasn't been on the level in regards to its actions during the election and that's why DWS is out and Donna Brazille wasn't in contention for a permanent leadership role.

Do you imagine that the RNC is somehow less corrupt? Staffed with more honest people with more integrity? I should hope not.

You can spout all day about the possible evils of Trump, but how do you feel about the other side?

I don't really see being critical of Trump as a left/right thing. Trump could have cleaned house after the election was over. He could stop bulls#ing anytime he wants. He didn't have to try to exert undue influence into the investigations, he could just let them take place. Right?

At what point do Trump supporters hold Trump accountable for anything? Blame the media, blame the Democrats, blame the GOP, blame the leakers, etc — anyone but Trump? C'mon.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I must have struck a cord for ATS' own Minister of Truth to grace this thread!

Yawn.

Great to see all this circumstantial evidence being confirmed by, well, you.

Why don't you start by providing some evidence of what you're alleging aside from your impressions? You dodged my point entirely, tried to insult me and then insinuated that what I listed wasn't confirmed. So I'll remind you. You said this:

We truly are living in a Post-fact era, facts are now subjective to political leanings. These Russia claims being reported by the MSM, are anonymously sourced. That's not the issue, the source doesn't really matter, if the claim can be verified. Yet none have, not a single claim of Russian collusion has been verified.

Give us all an example or two of these stories from the MSM, citing anonymous sources, which claim definitive evidence of collusion. As far as I can tell, your whole premise is unsubstantiated drivel.

As for confirmation?

Flynn lying about communications with Kislyak. Confirmed.

Fl ynn resignation letter:

I inadvertently briefed the Vice President Elect and others with incomplete information regarding my phone calls with the Russian Ambassador.

Bonus. Trump lied about knowing that Flynn was a liar. (source):

White House press secretary Sean Spicer said Tuesday that President Donald Trump has known for several weeks that his national security adviser, Michael Flynn, may have been untruthful about his communications with Russian ambassador Sergei Kislyak.

"We've been reviewing and evaluating this issue with respect to General Flynn on a daily basis for a few weeks trying to ascertain the truth," Spicer said.

According to Spicer, then-Acting Attorney General Sally Yates informed the White House last month that Flynn may have misled the administration about the nature of his December phone calls with Kislyak. "Immediately after the Department of Justice notified the White House counsel of the situation, the White House counsel briefed the president and a small group of senior advisers," Spicer said.

Spicer maintained that the decision to remove Flynn did not stem from legal concerns but a "trust" issue.

The statement that Trump has known about the issue for weeks appears to directly contradict the administration's previous comments on the controversy, including Trump's own remarks aboard Air Force One last week. On Friday, Trump claimed he was unfamiliar with the allegations—raised in a Washington Post story—that before Trump took office, Flynn had discussed easing sanctions against Russia with Kislyak.

"What do you think about reports that Gen. Flynn had conversations with the Russians about sanctions before you were sworn in?" a reporter asked Trump on Friday.

"I don't know about it, I haven't seen it," he responded. "What report is that?"

After a reporter mentioned the Post story, Trump added, "I haven't seen that. I'll look into it."

I'll continue in another post.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

So if you agree that corruption is on both sides and the little letter after the politicians name is meaningless, why do you come across as always leaning one way, all of the time? It is as infuriating as the donkey.

Wouldn't we make better progress, regardless or country or origin, to call out all of these parasites that rule over us regarless of affiliation?

Sorry, I am just trying to understand.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Flynn lying about getting paid by the Kremlin for his speaking engagement at the RT Gala. Confirmed.

Here you can see Flynn lie about taking money from Russia to Michael Isikoff at 1:58 in this video:

"I didn't take any money from Russia"

That was not true: Russians Paid Mike Flynn $45K for Moscow Speech, Documents Show

Follow up. He apparently lied to investigators about it too. It sure seems like Michael Flynn lied to federal investigators about his Russia ties:

On Monday afternoon, Rep. Elijah Cummings, the ranking Democrat on the House Oversight Committee, published a letter detailing strong evidence that Flynn lied about his contacts with Russia during a 2016 security clearance renewal process — which is a felony. “General Flynn told security clearance investigators that he was paid by ‘US companies’ when he traveled to Moscow in December 2015 to dine at a gala with Russian President Vladimir Putin,” Cummings writes. “The actual source of the funds for General Flynn’s trip was not a US company, but the Russian media propaganda arm, RT.”

Next up:

Flynn not registering as foreign agent for Turkey. Confirmed.

Story was actually broken by Daily Caller: Trump’s Top Military Adviser Is Lobbying For Obscure Company With Ties To Turkish Government

Later confirmed:
Daily Caller - Here’s What Prompted Michael Flynn To Register As An Agent Of Turkey

AG Sessions meetings with Kisylak. Confirmed.

Story from WaPo: Sessions met with Russian envoy twice last year, encounters he later did not disclose.

Confirmed when he recused himself. Politico - Sessions recuses himself from any Michael Flynn investigation:

Sessions, too, has been tied to Russia: The attorney general recused himself from the Justice Department’s investigation into Russian interference in last year’s election amid reports that he had met on multiple occasions with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. during the campaign even though he had testified during his Senate confirmation hearing that he had not interacted with Russian officials.

Sessions later explained the discrepancy by saying he had met with the ambassador in his capacity as a senator and not as a representative of Trump’s campaign, for which he was a high-profile surrogate.

Next:

AG Sessions omitting meetings with Kisylak from security clearance questionnaire. Confirmed.

Story broken by WaPo: Sessions didn’t disclose meetings with Russian officials on security clearance form

Confirmed by Politico. Sessions' background check form omitted meetings with Russian

Attorney General Jeff Sessions did not include two meetings with the Russian ambassador on a security clearance form submitted late last year, but his aides say the information was left out because the FBI indicated it shouldn't be listed.

Sessions spokeswoman Sarah Isgur Flores said the form was completed by a Sessions staffer who initially listed all the senator's meetings with foreign officials in 2016. However, the aide was told by the FBI that meetings Sessions held in his capacity as a senator did not need to be included, so it was taken off the form when it was filed, Flores said.

Should I keep going? See, I don't just spout a bunch of crap based on my emotions which means when you try to call me out, I can actually back up what I'm saying.
edit on 2017-5-27 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

How about this. I fully believed in trump. I got excited to hear the words he spoke leading up to the election. I consider myself to be a conservative.

Even though there is a lot of time left in this presidency, I think he is a failure. He has surrounded himself with Goldman Sachs people which for me is enough to see he is fully bought and paid for. He is condemning Iran and glorifying Saudi which furthers my disgust. I think he is part of exact same deep state leviathan that hillary belongs to. That they all belong to.

Olive branch.

<< 1    3 >>

join