It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ben & Jerry's BAN customers from ordering two scoops of the same ice cream until...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

flake?

hahaha - flake as in snow flake -

(ps I know what Cadbury Flake is)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

My money says I'm entitled to what I want to buy - barring inflation or certain illegal products.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucidparadox

HOMOgeneous

Homo Genius

You are a genius

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

And yet I'm sure people think it's okay for a private business to refuse service due to "religious" reasons....

It's a private business, they can do what they want...right? Capitalism reigns supreme???

Apparently it can work both ways. Deal with it.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

I wonder if I could circumvent the 2 scoop ban, with a three scoop gambit?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

Sublimecraft suggested something even better

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is why Capitalism is so great. If a company makes a dumb move like Ben & Jerry's, you can choose to go to another ice cream shop. B&J's has every right to be the ice cream shop of the gays, and if their business suffers, they will change course.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove
Ben & Jerry's BAN customers from ordering two scoops of the same ice cream until Australia legalises gay marriage

Popular ice cream chain Ben and Jerry's will not allow customers to purchase two scoops of the same flavour until Australia legalises gay marriage.
The American company, whose motto is 'peace and love' announced the bid on Wednesday.
'Imagine heading down to your local Scoop Shop to order your favourite two scoops of Cookie Dough in a waffle cone,' the company wrote on their website.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

What exactly is the logic behind this??

This is ridiculous.

LOL. Well this seems like a "shoot yourself in the foot" plan. Ben and Jerry's ice cream sucks anyways.....obviously a poorly thought out PR stunt for them.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
That's stupid.

Who goes to an expensive ice cream parlor and orders 2 scoops of the same flavor? If I'm ponying up for 2, I get two different flavors because I don't know when I will pay for fancy ice cream again.

At least, they didn't do it to protest Trump getting 2 scoops of ice cream which is almost what I thought I'd see.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
That's stupid.

Who goes to an expensive ice cream parlor and orders 2 scoops of the same flavor? If I'm ponying up for 2, I get two different flavors because I don't know when I will pay for fancy ice cream again.

At least, they didn't do it to protest Trump getting 2 scoops of ice cream which is almost what I thought I'd see.

I'm sure they are trying to tie it in with that as well. The fact that "2 scoops" was trending on social media likely is what got them looking at it to get the coverage of this out there a bit more.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It sounds like a pretty good marketing gimmick to me. I bet they sell a whole sh*tonnage of two scoop ice creams during the promotion.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Gee I wonder where these leftist morons got the idea...

It's like a disease. One illiberal comes up with some stupid nonsense and the others adopt it and bastardize it for their particular narrative.
What kind of company comes up with a marketing gimmick that will actually sell less ice-cream?
Ooooh but their virtue signal was so moral and just!
Gonna ask my gay friends on how they feel being catered to yet again.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: JAY1980

What a lame video - Nye obviously hasn't tasted real vanilla. He can try brainwashing the young with cool sounding rubbish soundbytes.

www.newsbusters.org...
Bill Nye ‘Saves the World?’ Where’s the Science, ‘Science Guy?’

The Post was referring to the April 22, March for Science, but they could just has easily been making a broader point about Nye’s recent resurgence and the media reaction. It doesn’t seem to matter that his new show is heavy on entertainment, light on science and filled with liberal propaganda.

In his brand new Netflix series, the Boeing-engineer turned ’90s children’s TV host is supposedly saving the world ... one cringeworthy, anything-goes sex song and rant against climate change skeptics at a time.

The “sexual spectrum” episode of Bill Nye Saves the World preached gender fluidity as “forward thinking” and featured that nightmarish performance by Rachel Bloom (which Nye called “very special” in a non-sarcastic way).

Nye himself also proclaimed there are “many flavors to sexuality” before introducing a video of “Ice Cream Conversion Therapy.” The cartoon sketch was designed to bash religious proponents of conversion therapy for homosexuality, include multiple innuendoes and concluded with an actual ice cream orgy (all the flavors partying, in one bowl).

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:34 AM
link   
sidenote:
why they haven't jumped on a flavour called "imPeachMint" is beyond me. and NOBODY GETS TWO SCOOPS!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Good Lord! Can't we keep ANYTHING out of sexual politics? Ice cream now...?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
If they can't force their perversion on you, they will take away your ice cream!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: firefromabove
Ben & Jerry's BAN customers from ordering two scoops of the same ice cream until Australia legalises gay marriage

Popular ice cream chain Ben and Jerry's will not allow customers to purchase two scoops of the same flavour until Australia legalises gay marriage.
The American company, whose motto is 'peace and love' announced the bid on Wednesday.
'Imagine heading down to your local Scoop Shop to order your favourite two scoops of Cookie Dough in a waffle cone,' the company wrote on their website.

Source: www.dailymail.co.uk...

What exactly is the logic behind this??

This is ridiculous.

Its actually genius if you think about it on a deep level.
I think I get where they are going with it
An ice cream cone with two scoops of the same ice cream would be considered "homogeneous"
whereas an Ice cream cone with 2 scoops of 2 different flavors would be "heterogeneous"

by not letting customers get 2 scoops of the same ice cream, they are utilizing satire... they are saying.. we wont let you have a HOMOgeneous ice cream cone until the government lets people have HOMOgeneous relationships.

Seriously, its really clever

It makes me sad that your break-down of the logic is required but it seems to be.

I hate having to spell out jokes to people. This ice cream thing is genius.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
If they can't force their perversion on you, they will take away your ice cream!

I'd rather sleep with and marry who I like than worry about ethical perversions of equality.

You don't deserve any ice cream. Because you're ethically perverted.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:04 PM
link   
i mean, whats wrong with two scoops of the same flavor sharing a cone? oh, wait...

to borrow from some of the sensible folks i have seen posting around here: "if you dont like it, shop somewhere else."

edit on 27-5-2017 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
i mean, whats wrong with two scoops of the same flavor sharing a cone? oh, wait...

Hah!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join