It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Take Control of Evergreen State College WA Demanding 'No White Day'- Threaten Violence

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Not sure why any of that matters?

The fact is...rich, white, male, land-owning, human being-owning people convinced other, less wealthy white people to fight for them. If they had won, they would have continued to own human beings like property.

So, regardless if the war wasn't 100% over slavery -- these wealthy plantation owners needed slaves and convinced other, poorer white people to fight for their right to keep their human being slaves.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: Miracula2

Not sure why any of that matters?

The fact is...rich, white, male, land-owning, human being-owning people convinced other, less wealthy white people to fight for them. If they had won, they would have continued to own human beings like property.

So, regardless if the war wasn't 100% over slavery -- these wealthy plantation owners needed slaves and convinced other, poorer white people to fight for their right to keep their human being slaves.

www.wtv-zone.com...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:18 AM
link   
originally posted by: Kettu

This subtext thing would have done a better representation 60 years ago. Nowadays poor black people have the same opportunities as poor white people. Now if you're mad that the country doesn't give all poor people free money and free healthcare, well we do. The same amount as we give poor white people actually. How about scholarships for education? Yep, this country does that too.

Right?!

I mean we gave black people freedom from slavery and the right to vote, why do they still want more stuff like being treated equally without doing anything to earn it?!!

what do white people have that black people Can't have?

If they went about it the right way, maybe people would listen to them! All this marching with signs and stuff? That's hateful! That's scary stuff man! They're not happy with what they have, and that's pretty damn disrespectful!

I mean, if they just went about protesting and petitioning for equality in "approved" ways...(ways that probably won't accomplish anything) we wouldn't be where we at!

i don't see where they don't have equality. Which is different from the equity that they are demanding. Equality means equal opportunity. Equity means equal outcome. I can talk about the difference more if you are interested.

And yes, there are approved ways to protest. When you start with the attacks, take over a public school, try to ruin people's lives and get them fired, you are breaking the law. The same laws that white people have.

I mean, skin color doesn't have anything to do with anything. I'd change my skin color overnight to black just to prove to everyone how it doesn't matter!!! How about you? You on board with that idea if it was possible?
i don't care what color your skin is. I treat everyone equally based on their personality and how they interact with those around them. When i see people who are priveledged enough to be in school, who then try to say they are being oppressed, i laugh. This school's entire focus is to show all of these kids how oppressed they are and now it has blown up in their faces. I know i saw white folks standing right there with them and the black kids were the maddest. They are all standing there together. There demands were to fire specific officers, disarm them all, and fire the teachers who spoke out against their insane request to not allow white people on campus. Which are all really bad ideas. These kids have bad ideas. That is the problem.
edit on 29-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

A "No Whites Day?" Pfff. How about a "No Blacks Day?" Guess that wouldn't fly, huh? I think this professor, even as progressive as he himself is, has realized the utter insanity of these demands and was in the absolute right to refuse to back such a demand. And further, where are the town police? If the campus police are being hand tied, then get the real cops to come in and lay waste to this nonsense. This is a very bad slippery slope if it is allowed to continue, with other colleges potentially following suit and also demanding a "No Whites Day." SJW's are the scourge of this earth, and need to be dealt a lesson. Darn snowflakes.
Here's a progressive idea, let them have their day.. Obviously a lot of people of African descent have hard feelings about slavery. They probably feel like they went through all this unnecessary pain for all those years and no one has had to answer for it, and no one has done anything to help them at all, quite the opposite actually. People are just like well it happened a long time ago and all those white people are dead now so theres nothing we can do about it, you just have to get over it eventually.. AH but there is something people can do to help them. We can let them have their day.
If having this day helps this group of people cope and heal from the past, and helps them feel stronger and more secure about their heritage, then why not let them have this day? Even across the country? what is one day out of 365 for blacks across the country to have a day at school, it really is not that much to ask.
The problem is white groups are afraid that there is some sinister plan behind this and Black Lives Matter type stuff. And for all i know there could be... But, what if theres not. The truth will come out eventually if there is but if this one day at school could help people feel more secure about their heritage, and at the same time help ease racial tension across the country, then why not just let them do it and just see what happens?
edit on 29-5-2017 by MedicineManJohnson because: grammar

edit on 29-5-2017 by MedicineManJohnson because: quote insert

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Have the homegrown terrorists that have taken over this institution of higher learning announced when No Black Day will be held yet?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Campus police are State Police. They actually have greater jurisdiction than the local PD.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: MedicineManJohnson

AH but there is something people can do to help them. We can let them have their day.

Why?

What is it about dark skin that makes people think it's like some sort of disease that requires special care? Black folk are not lepers... why is it so many people want to treat them like they are? Isn't that racist? Thinking just because someone has dark skin they somehow need special treatment?

I have enough respect for all people of all skin colors that I don't pity them for having a skin color. I refuse to treat them as less than fully human, fully capable individuals.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

I agree... let them have their day of blacks only, with respect, and hopefully it is one small gesture that can heal some of the wounds they've had to endure.... and let's hope it can be part of a solution more than fuel for further angst.😕

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

What, specifically, have those kids have had to endure?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Finalized

On behalf of what their grandparents endured.. and what the whole racism thing is to many blacks.

As much as they may not have suffered .. let them do it in solidarity for those before them.

Is that really so much to give them ?

If they keep demanding more than it's time for common sense to take over and shut down the counter racism.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 06:35 AM
link   

So give them something for suffering .. which they never endured, because someone else may or may not have suffered?

If I am a black immigrant whose family was never owned as slaves can I join in or am I excluded?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

AH but there is something people can do to help them. We can let them have their day.

Why?

What is it about dark skin that makes people think it's like some sort of disease that requires special care? Black folk are not lepers... why is it so many people want to treat them like they are? Isn't that racist? Thinking just because someone has dark skin they somehow need special treatment?

I have enough respect for all people of all skin colors that I don't pity them for having a skin color. I refuse to treat them as less than fully human, fully capable individuals.

TheRedneck

Exactly! The only real racists, the only real people keeping blacks poor and the only people keeping black people from moving forward are....black people.

I'm not going to spell it out but look at the Palestinians. Look what their "leaders" do to them to keep in power. Look at how they fear losing money if they stop acting like victims and look at how their lives are sacrificed for the power. Now...slowly turn your head to the Democrats and then down, down, down to the Jacksons and Sharptons who profit in money and power from keeping black people down.

THERE is your enemy...your "leaders" and the DNC. When you decide that you want real freedom and a fair chance, stop on over to the right side. We welcome everyone who want to succeed. Or...just keep sucking the spoiled milk from the breast of the DNC and your "leaders".

Your choice!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye

originally posted by: Finalized

On behalf of what their grandparents endured.. and what the whole racism thing is to many blacks.

As much as they may not have suffered .. let them do it in solidarity for those before them.

Is that really so much to give them ?

If they keep demanding more than it's time for common sense to take over and shut down the counter racism.

So when is Evergreen going to have a day for what my Irish ancestors had to endure?

What about what my Native American ancestors had to endure?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

Never. The Irish never block-voted for the DNC, and neither did the American Indians.

My Cherokee ancestors never even got the chance. I guess it was easier to just exterminate most of them and march the rest across the country to areas the Europeans didn't want at the time.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: DrStevenBrule

You make a good point ... no one holds the cornerstone on abuse and injustices towards them.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Activists are not pleased that the embarrassing video can now be seen by the world on the internet, and they they are demanding that the “stolen” document be “taken down” by this Friday. “We demand that the video created for Day of Absence and Day of Presence that was stolen by white supremacists and edited to expose and ridicule the students and staff be taken down by the administration by this Friday.”

The students then outline just how they expect the university to proceed to find the guilty culprits. Claiming to have been in touch with “the Attorney General’s office,” the students suggest that the university “commit to launching an extensive forensic investigation” to discover just who “stole” the video, and, if a suspect is found, to ask that criminal charges be brought against the suspect “in consultation with the Attorney General.”

dailycaller.com...

Aww, the little snowflakes are now upset that someone posted a video of them acting more racist than the KKK. This just gets better by the minute. Hypocrisy knows no boundaries here.
edit on Tue May 30th 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Wait, wait, wait... this was a private protest? What in the name of Robert E. Lee is a private protest?

I thought the whole point of protesting was to be heard?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

In the cold, bleak world of the snowflake, everything is turned upside down. I guess they thought they were chanting their asinine, racist rants in a private safe space- despite the fact that they want publicity. But like all commies, they want to pick and choose exactly what makes the news.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Wait, wait, wait... this was a private protest? What in the name of Robert E. Lee is a private protest?

I thought the whole point of protesting was to be heard?

TheRedneck

Well it's very much like a public protest, only this way you don't have to deal with people who want to discuss the issues with you.

It also means that hopefully the racist unemployable failures aren't seen for what they are by the world at large, because they really do know how toxic their ideals are to everyone who isn't an ideological fanatic.

Normally a compliant press would publish their rioters "official" version of events making them out as almost heroic figures. That's not possible when reality is recorded and freely available for the world to see.
edit on -050001pm5kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Well, I'm not going to call them 'snowflakes' or 'commies'... I'll just call them what they are: racist criminals.

I would have felt threatened in those settings... would have been in full defensive mode on full alert. I'm a redneck; I can't even imagine how those poor victims must have felt. The whole bunch should be indicted for felony threatening and rioting, compounded by whatever hate crime laws are on the books.. If I were sitting on a Grand Jury, that one video would be more than enough to hand down an indictment.

Let them have their day in court and face their accusers on level ground.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join