It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Take Control of Evergreen State College WA Demanding 'No White Day'- Threaten Violence

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Simple it's a publicly funded college, so shut it down to show those idiots who's in charge.

These people have way to much time, and entitlement attitudes going on.

Wait till they have some adult responsibilities, kids, and a pile of bills to keep them occupied their ignorant asses will wish they were back in college.

You wouldn't believe how many responsible adults actually agree with their ideas and their methods.

It ain't just the college kids.

Age used to grant wisdom; but the global forum has infected local communities.
edit on 5/28/2017 by TarzanBeta because: t

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
People in America...*sigh*

"White" is the default in America.

When I pick up a book and a new character is introduced, without even thinking picture them as white (unless the author says otherwise). That's some ingrained social programming right there that I freely admit. I'm not proud of it, but I'm willing to admit it.

That's how "default" whiteness is in America.

When I pick up a book from Japan, I immediately imagine a black person because #YBRacist.

/sarcasm

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:14 AM
link   
You know, this whole 'white privilege' stuff needs to stop. It's nothing more than an excuse for laziness. We are all individuals, and everyone has strengths and weaknesses. The true measure of success is not what we're born with, but what we do with what we're born with. Anyone can sit down and blame others for lack of success. That's not an achievement.

George Washington Carver could have sat and whined about how the color of his skin was keeping him from achieving his full potential. It probably did at the time, but my God! at the good he did in spite of it! Stephen Hawking could have withered away in a wheel chair, but he chose to keep going... and every day he lives amazes doctors world-wide and brings him new insight. Albert Einstein could have grumbled his life away because he was just a lowly patent clerk, but he chose to pursue something greater and advanced our understanding of physics in ways that I think are even today yet to be realized. Martin Luther King Jr. could have given up because no one could see past the color of his skin, but he had a dream... and shared that dream... and the dream still lives even today. Rosa Parks could have stood up on that bus, taking the easy road, and then complained about the unfairness of it all, but she chose to stay seated and make a peaceful statement... and started a revolution that freed an entire race from societal oppression.

Notice that none of those examples ever became violent or hateful to anyone. Every single one simply refused to bow to despair and went forward with their lives.

Now compare that to what's happening, not just at Greenwood College, but at Berkeley and other colleges across the nation... indeed, at demonstrations outside colleges across the globe! Violence, begat by despair at reality, fueled by hysteria, supported by a burning desire to control what others think and do.

Want more black authors? Write a book! Want cleaner energy? Become an engineer and develop it! Want to make more money? Find a way to earn it! Want better news reporting? Become a journalist and report the news better!

The easiest thing in the world to do is complain. I know; I am as guilty of this as anyone. But unlike these poor misguided criminals at Greenwood, I pull myself out of that hole of despair when I realize I have fallen into it. I find a way to get what I need.

TarzanBeta above has it right; it's not just the college kids. It's every single one of us.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
You know, this whole 'white privilege' stuff needs to stop.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
You know, this whole 'white privilege' stuff needs to stop. It's nothing more than an excuse for laziness. We are all individuals, and everyone has strengths and weaknesses. The true measure of success is not what we're born with, but what we do with what we're born with. Anyone can sit down and blame others for lack of success. That's not an achievement.

George Washington Carver could have sat and whined about how the color of his skin was keeping him from achieving his full potential. It probably did at the time, but my God! at the good he did in spite of it! Stephen Hawking could have withered away in a wheel chair, but he chose to keep going... and every day he lives amazes doctors world-wide and brings him new insight. Albert Einstein could have grumbled his life away because he was just a lowly patent clerk, but he chose to pursue something greater and advanced our understanding of physics in ways that I think are even today yet to be realized. Martin Luther King Jr. could have given up because no one could see past the color of his skin, but he had a dream... and shared that dream... and the dream still lives even today. Rosa Parks could have stood up on that bus, taking the easy road, and then complained about the unfairness of it all, but she chose to stay seated and make a peaceful statement... and started a revolution that freed an entire race from societal oppression.

Notice that none of those examples ever became violent or hateful to anyone. Every single one simply refused to bow to despair and went forward with their lives.

Now compare that to what's happening, not just at Greenwood College, but at Berkeley and other colleges across the nation... indeed, at demonstrations outside colleges across the globe! Violence, begat by despair at reality, fueled by hysteria, supported by a burning desire to control what others think and do.

Want more black authors? Write a book! Want cleaner energy? Become an engineer and develop it! Want to make more money? Find a way to earn it! Want better news reporting? Become a journalist and report the news better!

The easiest thing in the world to do is complain. I know; I am as guilty of this as anyone. But unlike these poor misguided criminals at Greenwood, I pull myself out of that hole of despair when I realize I have fallen into it. I find a way to get what I need.

TarzanBeta above has it right; it's not just the college kids. It's every single one of us.

TheRedneck

Quoted because the truth needs repeating in this day and age...

you summed it up much better than I could, on my best day.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: TarzanBeta

People in America...*sigh*

"White" is the default in America.

When I pick up a book and a new character is introduced, without even thinking picture them as white (unless the author says otherwise). That's some ingrained social programming right there that I freely admit. I'm not proud of it, but I'm willing to admit it.

That's how "default" whiteness is in America.

When I pick up a book from Japan, I immediately imagine a black person because #YBRacist.

/sarcasm

Um yeah.

This kind of stuff they go on whining about, its called human nature. That example there would be found in any society anywhere where there were a majority 'race' and a minority 'race' no matter the 'races' involved; while it isn't inherent there to be animosity / full blown hateful racial prejudice between every multirace society that ever was is or ever will be. So to get all hypersensitive and complain about it, play at triggering a hot civil war over it, is not unlike running down the street screaming and ripping out ones own hair over the fact that there exist at all different 'races' (and maybe we need to get along perhaps by not getting so offended by EVERYTHING).

Just because there will probably never be a place with exact ratios between the different 'races' doesnt mean every society should set about tearing themselves apart over stuff that shouldn't even bother anyone.

And like blacks by and large dont do the same kind of perception things towards whites, or Mexicans, or Chaldeans. Or Mexicans towards blacks etc.

There's a general blueprint to the way our perception works (amongst many other things), which is so hardwired its in our shared DNA. That doesn't inherently spell out prejudice HATE; it doesn't inherently mean the majority 'race' in any population is racial prejudiced; nor does it inherently mean that minorities in the same population aren't the same in such a regard.

These people are just taking the most tiny nuances and blowing them WAAAAAAAAAAY out of proportion; have no idea about real problems, real struggle; have no sense of humor; can never be satisfied no matter how much they might be given; are using this SJW platform to try and quell their own personal insecurity complexes at the expense of our entire society; are hopelessly incapable of taking anything in stride; are precisely everything they claim to be against by the very nature of being obsessed with IDENTITY Politics; ensure the opposite long term effects than they claim to be trying to enact by ramping up animosity between races (and genders, and so on); etc; etc; etc; etc; etc; etc.

edit on 28-5-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I 'm thinking if they want a no whites day.. let them have it , then be done with it.

If that's what it takes for healing to take place over the atrocities they have experienced .. it is a small price to pay.

But if it is done to create more hate and division they are using same tactics used against them decades ago.

I fear it is the latter 😕

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sheye
I 'm thinking if they want a no whites day.. let them have it , then be done with it.

If that's what it takes for healing to take place over the atrocities they have experienced .. it is a small price to pay.

IT WONT SATISFY THEM.

Think about it: "they" (liberals) already had equal rights, and lopsided things like discrimination laws, and a black president (not to mention black mayors & city councils & police chiefs & so on in all the major cities they riot in), over 22 TRILLION dollars in welfare 'restitution', and gay marriage, and a solid trend of straight white males having the most downward expected career future than anybody else, over-representation in entertainment, and even transgender restrooms enforcement in even kindergarten restrooms, and etc, and so on.

What was their response? RABID CENSORSHIP, RIOTING, KIDNAPPING, TORTURE, MURDER, DESTRUCTION, LYNCH MOBS ROAMING THE STREETS, MASS MURDER, CIVIL WAR.

This is all the same kind of stuff that happened to the Jews right after the Nazi's seized power. And we all know how far the Nazi's had to go to be "satisfied". And we all know how that ended.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 02:45 PM
link   
BLM, ANTIFA, we are witnessing the rise of left-wing hate groups in America.

The irony is impeccable. For years the liberal media has been pointing their fingers at right-wing boogeymen claiming Nazi's will be marching in the streets when Trump won, but in reality it's become the complete opposite.

They used to march against segregation, now they threaten violence in support of it. What happened to the modern Left? When did they become a parody of themselves?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Right?!

I mean we gave black people freedom from slavery and the right to vote, why do they still want more stuff like being treated equally without doing anything to earn it?!!

If they went about it the right way, maybe people would listen to them! All this marching with signs and stuff? That's hateful! That's scary stuff man! They're not happy with what they have, and that's pretty damn disrespectful!

I mean, if they just went about protesting and petitioning for equality in "approved" ways...(ways that probably won't accomplish anything) we wouldn't be where we at!

I mean, skin color doesn't have anything to do with anything. I'd change my skin color overnight to black just to prove to everyone how it doesn't matter!!! How about you? You on board with that idea if it was possible?

***This message has been brought to you by Subtext. Subtext is what isn't said but what is implied. The preceding post is an example of the subtext that can be found in this entire thread by various ATS members***
edit on 28-5-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
"shouting down anyone who disagrees with them or shows insufficient passion for racial justice."

www.washingtontimes.com...

Reality check.

1. Blacks were kidnapped by their blacks in Africa and sold into slavery.
2. Whites fought gruesome battles to guarantee them their freedom. I was just reading the story of the Union forces taking Fort Fisher from the Confederates. Fort Fisher had so many cannons and bombproofs, palisades, minefields. Snipers picking off people. Hundreds of lives were lost. No ambulances. No anesthesia.

And the repayment for rescuing their ancestors from machete massacres like the 800,000 people killed by machetes between warring factions like the Tutsis and the Hutus is this...

...feeding white girls to alligators.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

Really pack your #, and go back to Africa.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Right?!

I mean we gave black people freedom from slavery and the right to vote, why do they still want more stuff like being treated equally without doing anything to earn it?!!

If they went about it the right way, maybe people would listen to them! All this marching with signs and stuff? That's hateful! That's scary stuff man! They're not happy with what they have, and that's pretty damn disrespectful!

I mean, if they just went about protesting and petitioning for equality in "approved" ways...(ways that probably won't accomplish anything) we wouldn't be where we at!

I mean, skin color doesn't have anything to do with anything. I'd change my skin color overnight to black just to prove to everyone how it doesn't matter!!! How about you? You on board with that idea if it was possible?

***This message has been brought to you by Subtext. Subtext is what isn't said but what is implied. The preceding post is an example of the subtext that can be found in this entire thread by various ATS members***

My name is Tarzan. I'm in a much more minor category.

Try being derided by all races over what's on your birth certificate.

But there are benefits: There ain't many Tarzans walking about.

How many people have said to me, "It's like... A Boy Named Sue".

So many things said... And done...

But it's part of the experience - My experience.

Wouldn't trade it for the world. Don't need to shout it from the roof tops. It is what it is.

Minorities get favoritism getting jobs. I started my own business because people laughed at my name during the application process.

Worked better for me.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

"Lead based Pencils". There is no lead in pencils. It is graphite, a molecular variant of carbon.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
So...criminals and potentially terrorists or at least a violent threatening "gang". That to me sounds pretty simple. Send in the FBI with guns blazing and if the criminals choose to die...I'm willing to contribute to the cremation costs.

Worthless pieces of crap.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   
This case is like an exact replica of "The Wave" experiment, which is a must see for everyone at all interested in todays story here:

en.wikipedia.org...(experiment)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Right?!

How about this idea. Self-respect, self-reliance, obeying the law, not committing crime at a ridiculous high percentage, respect for human life, stop being racists, etc.

The facts are this...blacks and other non-whites are the largest percentage of crime, violence, etc. in America. They do nothing but take and give nothing back. They riot and while they should be gunned down are ignored. The left use them and they seem to enjoy being used. They are leaches, ticks and blood suckers (not all...but a high percentage).

I've met many responsible black people. The rest of you make them sick to their stomachs. You shame the good people with your victim agenda and your desire to take from the masses. Those of you who fall into that category ARE THE PROBLEM! And many of us are so sick of your crap that if you die...that is still a viable solution.

You can change that. But you have to be willing to do so. PROVE ME WRONG!!! I beg you! I doubt you have the spirit, willingness or intelligent to do so. PROVE ME WRONG! Make yourselves respectable, part of the solution, become part of America.

PROVE ME WRONG!

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Evergreen State is alma mater of Rachael Corrie aka "St Pancake"

Tried to stop Israeli D 9 bulldozer - the D 9 won ......

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
We here should go to the Evergreen State College website.

www.evergreen.edu...

Home page needs to be read. This is their saying of commitment.

"Evergreen is a progressive, public liberal arts and sciences college located in Olympia, Washington, in the beautiful Pacific Northwest. Learn more."~ ESC.

Under Grad Melanie White on working with the latino community.
www.evergreen.edu...

Next we have..
Tolerance and Respect Show the Way Forward
Published: Sat, May 27, 2017—3:58 pm

"A statement from Evergreen President George Bridges:
At The Evergreen State College over the past week, we have had deep and sometimes intense exchanges among a group of students, faculty, and college administrators over equity and treatment of students. Some...Read more.
www.evergreen.edu..."ESC

Financial Aid page Uh Oh the IRS
www.evergreen.edu...

"Note: Currently the IRS Data Retrieval Tool (DRT) is down and is anticipated to be working again October 1, 2017. If the Financial Aid Office is requesting your tax information you will need to provide a 2015 Tax Return Transcript from the IRS. We are no longer requesting a verification of non-filing letter from the IRS if you did not file taxes in 2015.

If you have difficulties obtaining your Return Transcript, we will accept a signed copy of your 1040, 1040A or 1040EZ."~EGC financial aid page

It's clearly a Progressive & Liberal institution. It states so. Why do people want do destroy all our efforts to unite and get rid of segregation?

What mental illness is making white people COLOR SHAMING Whites and the "Terrible" fact they need to hate themselves for being white?

Nevermind the fact: NOONE HAS A CHOICE AT BIRTH WERE THEY ARE BORN AND THE COLOR IN WHICH THEY ARE BORN WITH?

(Large exhaustive Sighhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh)
Let's see how they learn and then apply😉
[Removed for offensive gender assumassumption!]

Pffft!🙄

Edit:
[pic]more sighhhhhhhhh

edit on 28-5-2017 by Bigburgh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Fort Fisher, on Confederate Point, nicknamed the "Gibraltar of the Confederacy", was a formidable target commanding the Cape Fear River. It encompassed 14,500 ft.² and was surrounded by a 10-foot parapet and a network of bombproofs, most of which were 30 feet high. Many obstructions were laid around it, including land mines (called torpedoes in this era), abatis, and deep ditches. There were more than 50 heavy cannon, including 15 Columbiads and a 150-pounder Armstrong gun, behind a 60-foot mound of earth near the sea, named the Mound Battery. The fort's garrison of 1,400 men was commanded by Colonel William Lamb. Additional reinforcements were available from General Braxton Bragg at Sugar Loaf, 4 miles away. This force consisted of Major General Robert F. Hoke's division from the Army of Northern Virginia, which arrived on December 23.

en.wikipedia.org...

The attack, however, drew Confederate attention away from the river gate, where Ames prepared to launch his attack. At 2:00 p.m. he sent forward his first brigade, under the command of Brevet Brigadier Newton Martin Curtis, as Ames waited with the brigades of colonels Galusha Pennypacker and Louis Bell. An advance guard from Curtis's brigade used axes to cut through the palisades and abatis. Curtis's brigade took heavy casualties as it overran the outer works and stormed the first traverse. At this point Ames ordered Pennypacker's brigade forward, which he accompanied into the fort. As Ames marched forward, Confederate snipers zeroed in on his party, and cut down a number of his aides from around him. Pennypacker's men fought their way through the riverside gate, and Ames ordered a portion of his men to fortify a position within the interior of the fort. Meanwhile, the Confederates turned the cannons in Battery Buchanan at the southern tip of the peninsula and fired on the northern wall as it fell into Union hands. Ames observed that Curtis's lead units had become stalled at the fourth traverse, and he ordered forward Bell's brigade, but Bell was killed by sharpshooters before ever reaching the fort.[18] Seeing the Union attackers crowd into the breach and interior, Whiting took the opportunity to personally lead a counterattack. Charging into the Union soldiers, Whiting received multiple demands to surrender, and when he refused he was shot down, severely wounded

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join