It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Take Control of Evergreen State College WA Demanding 'No White Day'- Threaten Violence

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   
People in America...*sigh*

"White" is the default in America.

When I pick up a book and a new character is introduced, without even thinking picture them as white (unless the author says otherwise). That's some ingrained social programming right there that I freely admit. I'm not proud of it, but I'm willing to admit it.

That's how "default" whiteness is in America.

+3 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu

When I pick up a book and a new character is introduced, without even thinking picture them as white (unless the author says otherwise). That's some ingrained social programming right there that I freely admit. I'm not proud of it, but I'm willing to admit it.

That's because you are White.

Humans are hard-wired to not only prefer their own genetic groups, but use their own image as a default when race or "kind" isn't defined.

Truth is, if you didn't think that way, you very likely have an identity disorder.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

Props on correctly guessing my skin color. I thought the same thing as you, so I asked a few non-white friends. (not just now, of course, but a while back when I came up with how I automatically imagined characters as white) They said they too also "auto-assumed" when reading books that a character was white unless stated otherwise.

They pointed out that most authors are white, so it's kind of assumed that their characters are going to be white. We didn't really know what each of us would think if the author was Asian or black, and how knowing the ethnic identity of the author would impact our perception(s).

The point is, the "default" in America is white. Hell, Hollywood even puts white people into ethnic roles.

Now, there are always exceptions. If I'm in a Chinatown, I'm not going to assume a store manager is white. By and large, however, TV programming, media, and American culture is pretty much tailored for white people, controlled and created for white people.

Yes, there's rap music and BET...and a few other shows and networks, but they're small potatoes. The networks and entertainment industry is run by white people, just like the government and most of the LLCs and Corporations in the USA.
edit on 27-5-2017 by Kettu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Or they grew up.

I know quite a few former, or even current, hippies who have no truck with this sort of idiocy...it runs totally contrary to what many of them fought for in the sixties. Inclusion, not exclusion. I see a lot of sixty/seventy year old heads shaking when this sort of thing crosses the wires.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
a reply to: musicismagic

Oh.... So it was fluoride that caused this? Well that's a relief...

I thought it was the Russians.

Phew.

Hey something had to cause it, right. So I'm thinking fluoride could actually be the underlying cause.

I think you're on to something here...

Since switching to an organic and non fluoride containing toothpaste a few years ago, I also switched back to being a republican/libertarian after years of being a democrat.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Phew.

Well - At least in Russia they would have solved this pretty fast. A FEW willy-nilly casualties, but they just don't GAF over there.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

Humans are hard-wired to not only prefer their own genetic groups, but use their own image as a default when race or "kind" isn't defined.

Truth is, if you didn't think that way, you very likely have an identity disorder.

Indeed.

It is about time that morons (to all the morons out there - it IS spelled with TWO o's) stop feeling guilty for the color of their skin. Seriously. White, brown, whatever. It is what it is.

And being white is nothing to be ashamed of.

Dare I point out that white people have accomplished quite a few things? Sure, we have been pretty good assholes going about it - but which race hasn't?

Edit: And none of us alive today should feel responsible for the action of people who died decades and centuries ago.
edit on 28-5-2017 by Uberdoubter because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Uberdoubter

Phew.

Well - At least in Russia they would have solved this pretty fast. A FEW willy-nilly casualties, but they just don't GAF over there.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Great thread mate.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: SBMcG

How dare you use actual logic.

It's because he/she is programmed to be white and hate anything but white.

Just kidding. You are spot on with how the brain works.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:11 AM
link   
The cringe factor when these SJW's speak is earth shattering, the fool with the beer in the video just made me want to puke and she just carried on ignoring the points that shut down her stupidity, your average person would have slowly moved away with their tale between their legs.

All whites leave, well except us whites....Seriously...

The BLM'ers must be pissing themselves with laughter at these idiots...

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

That's not social programming or institutional racism. That's because the country is a majority white population.

If you were Chinese you'd assume, until corrected, that people were Han.

If you were Kenyan you'd assume, until corrected that people were Black.

And it is the same literally everywhere.

For example people in the Western World think Jesus was white, when he was probably a dark-skinned Jewish man as was typical in Roman Palestine.

In China, the Chinese Christians (the ones that are still around) think he looked like this:

Same in Africa, you go there you find Jesus portrayed as a black man.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
I live in Oregon, one of the most liberal states in the US and I hate to put this out there, but anyone who defends this crap for the sake of being "tolerant" is no friend of this country! I am so disappointed in some of my fellow Americans, I can't even see straight. Can anyone here explain to me how promoting racism towards "white people" rids the US of racism towards blacks, or anyone else for that matter? Maybe I am just being "intolerant".

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Well they have gender and queer studies degrees, so I just checked out the top 10 jobs that go with such studies and, well, it aint real good.
www.thebalance.com...

So this is just more student debt, with poor job prospects. In other words, a giant waste of time and money that piles on the $1 Trillion in student debt already.
en.wikipedia.org...

Just wait until that bubble bursts. I can only hope there is a silent majority that will offset those with fluoride-itis.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

This anti white nonsense is so bad, that even some regressive leftist whites hate themselves.

No, it's not "leftists." It's identity politics/social justice warrior type folks. There is a difference. They are supposedly on the left end of the spectrum, but a large percentage of leftists don't even buy into that bull. There are also a number of illiberal aspects to identity politics.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: snowspirit

I honestly don't think they care about skin color.

They just want to dictate what you think, how you act, what you say, and what you do.

They will determine what you protest and how you protest.

They will determine your response to their actions.

That is one of the illiberal aspects of identity politics folks. There are only two reactions acceptable to them. 1) Complete, passionate agreement with them, no matter what they are saying or 2) Penitent behavior on the part of targeted privileged groups.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

I only see about three black people in any of these videos. All these kids are as white as me.

#virtuesignalling lol.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AIC4ME
I live in Oregon, one of the most liberal states in the US and I hate to put this out there, but anyone who defends this crap for the sake of being "tolerant" is no friend of this country! I am so disappointed in some of my fellow Americans, I can't even see straight. Can anyone here explain to me how promoting racism towards "white people" rids the US of racism towards blacks, or anyone else for that matter? Maybe I am just being "intolerant".

I'm a liberal, from CA originally (also one of the most liberal places in the US), and now living in NYC (another one). I agree with you. The identity politics stuff has gone way too far on some points.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Or they grew up.

A fair enough point. I think we all went through the process of 'finding ourselves.' Some of us came out the other side a little wiser, a little older, and a little happier.

But some didn't. And those some that didn't are the ones I refer to.

I remember when I was young... I saw all the problems in the world, and by damn, I knew how to fix them! I was the Savior of Social Injustice! And it infuriated me when I would talk about how wonderful the world would be if only we could do by my ideas, and the old men playing checkers would laugh and shake their heads. How dare they ignore my ideas? What have they done to make the world better?

They weren't ignoring, though. They were remembering. They were remembering the days of their youth when they had the exact same ideas and the exact same fervor. They got chuckles from the old men back then, too. As time went on, they realized just how unworkable their utopian epiphanies were in reality, as I did. They weren't disrespecting, ignoring, or even dismissing me. They were remembering the good old days.

Somehow, some of the flower children never grew up and realized the things I did. And they reproduced. Now the second generation is here, and they won't grow up either. But they'll reproduce. And in 25 years, we'll see the next wave, so bad it will make this wave look reasonable by comparison.

I'm gonna stop there... I think I may be scaring people. I know I should be scaring me.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I'm starting to get a little suspicious of why Drudge isn't carrying this yet. This story is right up their alley, and I've sent them the link twice now, with the story headline. Maybe they're having a hard time licensing it? Or maybe, they are not wanting to carry it for being accused of being anti-SJW? I dunno. But seems they should be carrying it.

*shrugs*

ETA: Also, I've been searching for updates on this, but not much is surfacing. So keep the eyes peeled folks, and please post any updates you find.
edit on Sun May 28th 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join