It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Take Control of Evergreen State College WA Demanding 'No White Day'- Threaten Violence

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

Yeah..., about that....

“I have been told by the Chief of Police it’s not safe for me to be on campus,” said [Evergreen State College professor Bret] Weinstein, who held his Thursday class in a downtown Olympia[, Wash.,] park. An administrator confirmed the police department advised Weinstein it “might be best to stay off campus for a day or so.” Demonstrations involving as many as 200 students filled classrooms and the President’s office on campus on Tuesday and Wednesday. Protesters are upset over what they believe are racist policies at the college, and some called for Weinstein to resign. Earlier this school year Weinstein raised concerns about proposed policy changes, including one that would have race play a larger role in the hiring process.

It has nothing to do with their weird tradition, but racist students usurping said tradition for their own political agenda with the threat of violence if they don't get their way.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

Simple it's a publicly funded college, so shut it down to show those idiots who's in charge.

These people have way to much time, and entitlement attitudes going on.

Wait till they have some adult responsibilities, kids, and a pile of bills to keep them occupied their ignorant asses will wish they were back in college.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka

Yeah..., about that....

“I have been told by the Chief of Police it’s not safe for me to be on campus,” said [Evergreen State College professor Bret] Weinstein, who held his Thursday class in a downtown Olympia[, Wash.,] park. An administrator confirmed the police department advised Weinstein it “might be best to stay off campus for a day or so.” Demonstrations involving as many as 200 students filled classrooms and the President’s office on campus on Tuesday and Wednesday. Protesters are upset over what they believe are racist policies at the college, and some called for Weinstein to resign. Earlier this school year Weinstein raised concerns about proposed policy changes, including one that would have race play a larger role in the hiring process.

It has nothing to do with their weird tradition, but racist students usurping said tradition for their own political agenda with the threat of violence if they don't get their way.

I admit the students are angry about this professor and yes, they did confront him. I don't think that's in question.

What is questionable is this being spun as insane liberals taking over a college campus and expelling whites for a day, when it isn't anything of the sort.

You know, like the title of the thread says.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Do you see any issue here, or is it just kids being kids?

I just ignored these type of stories thinking that real life, after this type of education, will provide the proper education to these children that the institutions did not. But I am not so sure anymore. I can almost see this leviathan being effective enough that sanity will be in the minority soon and we are the people that will be forced to change.

New language rules. Group think. No more critical thought allowed. Never questioning anything and always believing in what our masters tell us.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

Do you see any issue here, or is it just kids being kids?

I just ignored these type of stories thinking that real life, after this type of education, will provide the proper education to these children that the institutions did not. But I am not so sure anymore. I can almost see this leviathan being effective enough that sanity will be in the minority soon and we are the people that will be forced to change.

New language rules. Group think. No more critical thought allowed. Never questioning anything and always believing in what our masters tell us.

It's Evergreen College, which is right up there with Reed College in Oregon in terms of liberalism. As a college they don't even give their students grades:

Full-time students enroll in interdisciplinary academic programs instead of classes. Programs typically offer students the opportunity to study several disciplines in a coordinated manner. Faculty write narrative evaluations of students' work in place of issuing grades.

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Me personally, I believe a lot of their programs are asinine, but you don't go to Evergreen to study neuroscience.

What this is to me is liberal kids being liberal kids at one of the most liberal schools in the country. And then conservative media misinterpreting (willful or not) what's really going on to further their own agendas and bias.

What the title of the thread is representing this as, isn't what this actually is.
edit on 27-5-2017 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

It's Evergreen College, which is right up there with Reed College in Oregon in terms of liberalism. As a college they don't even give their students grades:

Me personally, I believe a lot of their programs are asinine, but you don't go to Evergreen to study neuroscience.

So... are you saying this isn't even a real university?

I mean, what do they teach? Protesting 136? Racism 432? What kind of life is that preparing these kids for?

Their field of study page lists a few actual job-related fields...biology, ecology, marine science... but some of these fields of study confuse me. "Queen Studies"? I mean, I have no problem if someone is gay, but that's not an occupation! That's a lifestyle!

The more I look at that page, the more I realize this wasn't even a real school... just an adult day-care with indoctrination. An abomination to academia. Who needs a degree in being black to be black?

Arrest the lot of them and lock the doors. Wall it up and we have a new place to store nuclear waste. It's worth more to society that way than what it's doing now, sucking money out of parents to destroy their children's chance to be anything useful afterward.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Wow. I never even knew a place with actual academic accreditation like this existed.

It should lose it's accreditation at any rate.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: ClovenSky

I hate the term 'kids being kids' it's literally a justification for wrong doing and bad behavior...

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The only variance between whatever breed these "SJW".. and extremists in the middle east is, weapons.

These people are domestic terrorists, causing intentional strife and chaos to push a political ideology as if they are somehow self empowered to push it upon others.

This is where autorities and police are suppose to do their jobs and serve and protect. We dont see it though, which is telling to one thing..

Our men and women "in blue" are controlled and cannot act upon free will and what is right, unless their masters give the go.

We as a species have f#ed up everything those before us have built and engineered.. society as a totality is being ruined.

What do you think that leads too?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Voyaging
a reply to: ClovenSky

I hate the term 'kids being kids' it's literally a justification for wrong doing and bad behavior...

I completely agree. We shouldn't hate the game because it is available to every single one of us in some manner or form. We should despise the player who chooses to participate in the game.

When people say 'don't hate the player, hate the game', I see red.

But sometimes, reactions to questions worded in a certain way will tell you volumes.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I saw this on Tucker last night. It's outrageous.

Can you imagine the uproar if any college in the US tried to declare a "No Blacks" day?
And yet this college's administration cowers to students who are bullying whites and calling for a No Whites day.

This country has gone insane.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

a very marked resemblance, isn't there?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Kick them all out.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

I don't see how it even got accreditation.

This is what I expect a field of study page to look like, for those who don't know how a real university operates. This one is from a 2-year community college. Both NACC and UAH have liberal arts available, but they cover actual sciences which can be used to actually benefit students at some point.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

What exactly do you want the Olympia Police Department to do? If they are being as violent as these sources claim why agitate for another Kent State?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

They should do their job. Refusing to do so is incompetence and criminal negligence.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

What exactly do you want the Olympia Police Department to do?

Arrest criminals. Their job.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Call the PD, send them these videos. Letting them know helps and they might. Though, haven't seen any proof of the violence as said here.
edit on 27-5-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: richapau

Kick them all out.

That is exactly the right thing to do. All involved in such a thing should be dismissed.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Might there be a few students who want to get an education (or whatever this institution is calling it). They are getting short changed.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join