It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Take Control of Evergreen State College WA Demanding 'No White Day'- Threaten Violence

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Are we really that far removed from your scenario right now?

Think about it. No, you don't have to have a credit card, but if you carry cash, it can be seized in any contact with law enforcement. No, you don't have to have a smart phone, but without one you stand little chance of getting a good job or even being able to shop online as easily. The credit cards are now chipped... direct two-way communication between the card and the Matrix. The smart phones are storehouses for personal data, easily accessed via several different communications channels... they can even function as a credit card themselves. Well over 90% of the physical size of a smart phone is for purely physical reasons... structural strength, accessibility... the idea of organically-embedded microchips is far beyond possible today. It is now completely practical. And this is not speculation; I am an electrical research engineer. I am intimately familiar with what is possible, impossible, practical, and impractical.

Only societal resistance stands between today and your tomorrow.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Whats amazing is when i was in school i had a professor tell us (this was 15 years ago) that there are 6 stages to every empire or country that they go through before they collaps. The usa is in numver 5 moving to 6. At 6 collaps is inevitable. Then warned that the usa has about 40 more years before we go the way of rome. We all dismissed him as fear mongering but the guy was right.

Rome the last few centuries just before its fall was just like how the united states is now. Too much entitlement and narcissistic fervor lead to an uneducated, weak and lazy population ripe for the sacking.

The infrastructure was gone evident in the later generations of roman engineers and builders works which were subpar and below the basic standards or roman engineering just 200 years before. The roman engineers literally didnt know how to build nor repair even the simplest structures to the standard and quality their own forefathers could and did. They were that under educated.

America is in the same death throws now. Time to start considering moving on. And our latest generation is garbage just like the final generations of romans. And due to them the nation will fall if the course is not corrected immediatly.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Chain the doors shut, cut the utilities and forget them for a few days.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raxoxane

Yes the situation is becoming dire.The movie Idiocracy is brought to my mind daily as I read topics on this site.

When that movie first came out, I watched it and thought it one of the WORST movies I had ever seen. NOW? I find it prophetic and comparable to 1984 and Brave New World.

I actually bought for a historical keepsake!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Send in some cops that aren't neutered, with riot shields and batons.

Skull drag all the little terrorists kicking and screaming out and arrest them, as well as any faculty or staff that has assisted them.

In short, give these "adult" children the whuppin' their parents should have.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
Chain the doors shut, cut the utilities and forget them for a few days.

Can we wait a bit longer?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Can we just move the Turkish embassy next to the campus? Maybe the guards and the students will take each other out. I think it'd be a rather elegant solution

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ugh, this is a joke, right? They haven't really taken any hostages, have they?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

Whats amazing is when i was in school i had a professor tell us (this was 15 years ago) that there are 6 stages to every empire or country that they go through before they collaps. The usa is in numver 5 moving to 6. At 6 collaps is inevitable. Then warned that the usa has about 40 more years before we go the way of rome. We all dismissed him as fear mongering but the guy was right.

Rome the last few centuries just before its fall was just like how the united states is now. Too much entitlement and narcissistic fervor lead to an uneducated, weak and lazy population ripe for the sacking.

The infrastructure was gone evident in the later generations of roman engineers and builders works which were subpar and below the basic standards or roman engineering just 200 years before. The roman engineers literally didnt know how to build nor repair even the simplest structures to the standard and quality their own forefathers could and did. They were that under educated.

America is in the same death throws now. Time to start considering moving on. And our latest generation is garbage just like the final generations of romans. And due to them the nation will fall if the course is not corrected immediatly.

Yup the USA is going the way of every empire.

To many wars, uneducated population, corrupt and useless goverment, uncontrolled migration ect ect ect.

Probably why the UK is sucking up to china now.......

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Tucker Carlson interviews the teacher
(starts 17 seconds in)

edit on 27-5-2017 by svetlana84 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Too true... and the US has much in common with other historical periods as well. The French Revolution, for instance. I saw so many parallels between today and that period, my interruptions of "Are we discussing historic France or modern US?" became a running joke in class. The horrors of that time period began with the extreme discrepancy between the ruling class and the common people.

I would be very interested in your perspective on that, based on the 6 stages you mention.

I see similarities in the area of taxation and lack of perceived representarion between now and the Revolutionary War, and between now and the War of Northern Aggression in the area of cross-cultural control and disrespect. The very foundations of the US are crumbling beneath our feet. Our economic and social ties to the entirety of Western Civilization are, IMO, plenty sufficient to drag Europe down with us if (when?) we fall. China may yet prove to be the wisest country, by refusing the deep ties in trade that we have promoted to others. They established trade on their terms and under the restrictions of their culture. It often seemed barbaric... but maybe they had the right idea all along? Only time will tell.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I am late to this party, sorry.

I saw this story yesterday and puzzled over it and rather dismissed it. But then I saw some other similar stories and I am beginning to get concerned.

What concerns me? Its starting to look to me like the slippery slope to a point where these institutions may start saying, "Admissions Policy---Whites Need Not Apply". Or equally bad and more probable since I've read many College courses today have a Participation component to grading, that the Whites will be intmidated to the point that their grades are demoted because they are afraid to participate, speeck up to say anything at all.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: svetlana84
Tucker Carlson interviews the teacher
(starts 17 seconds in)

Any idea what this Professor teaches?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Ugh, this is a joke, right? They haven't really taken any hostages, have they?

Nope. They haven't "taken over" the campus either. In fact, this is a regular thing that is being blown completely out of proportion by the constantly outraged right.

A little history on the event for the people here who can't seem to get past their outrage and actually investigate the story..

Day of Absence
On Day of Absence, members of the Evergreen community have choices about how and where to participate.

Off campus, at a community venue, we host a full-day program focusing on allyship and anti-racism work from a majority culture or white perspective.

At the same time, we offer a full-day, on-campus educational and social program designed to address issues from the perspective of people of color.

Because of the need for a dedicated space to explore issues of diversity within each of these two perspectives, each program has been designed with a specific community-building objective in mind. And because many of us are mixed, and may not wholly identify ourselves with one community or the other, we invite each person to attend the program of their choice, wherever they feel most comfortable.

And the important part, one more time..

And because many of us are mixed, and may not wholly identify ourselves with one community or the other, we invite each person to attend the program of their choice, wherever they feel most comfortable.[

No one is being kicked off campus for a day because of their skin color, this is a regular event that's been going on since 1965, and students have the choice whether to attend the on campus functions or the off campus functions, wherever they feel most comfortable. This has been latched on to by conservative news media and promoted as something it isn't to stir outrage, and as evidenced by this thread you all are falling for it.

Please visit this link for what this day is really about, and think about it in context before rushing to outrage. You're being used, once again.
www.evergreen.edu...

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Man, I kind of hope our current education system destroys itself. It really appears to be trying to do so.

None of this is logical or conductive to a brighter future.

Maybe it is time to start teaching critical thought again. Maybe it is time to start teaching that you only have control over yourself. If someone says something that you don't like, it is your responsibility to ignore and distance yourself from that person, you do not have the right to force them to change. Common sense.

I wonder if we would be able to build something better from the ashes? Or is it too early yet?

Something tells me our education system is degrading exactly according to plan.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
And further, where are the town police? If the campus police are being hand tied, then get the real cops to come in and lay waste to this nonsense.
I don't know what exactly is going on down at Evergreen State College but so far I'm not surprised. After all it is Evergreen State College, for those that have went there or know someone who went there understands what that means. It is a different type of college.

In Washington state the police are a little bit more tolerant than other states I think. They don't go and "lay waste" to college students for using their words and occupying a library. Have you forgotten Kent State University?

A lot of intolerant and otherwise crazy replies in this thread and it makes me wonder how many have read or understand American history, in particular the labor and civil rights struggles?

A People's History Of The United States by Howard Zinn

Lies My Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong

I know, tolerance and understanding takes patience and time but you might be surprised at what you learn. Please, do yourself a favor and spend a little time learning about the true history of this great nation's struggles.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

When is No Black Day scheduled for Evergreen State College this year?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks
Thank you underwerks for bringing a little sanity back to ATS.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Devino

"Sanity" - justifying racism and hatred towards whites.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

originally posted by: Devino

"Sanity" - justifying racism and hatred towards whites.

"Sanity" - talking about what something is in reality as opposed to another persons opinion of it.

That used to be sane, anyway.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join