It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Take Control of Evergreen State College WA Demanding 'No White Day'- Threaten Violence

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   
www.washingtontimes.com...

“First and foremost, I want to state that there will be, as far as I know, no charges filed against any students involved in actions that occurred this morning,” Mr. Bridges said. “We will be conducting a major review, an investigation of all that occurred and will be reporting back to you, the campus community, about exactly what happened, why it happened and what we intend to do about the incident — not the incident, excuse me, the actions that were taken, both students, staff and faculty involved.”
On Wednesday, students crashed a faculty meeting that was planned to, among other things, honor professors nominated for emeritus status. Families of the honorees were in attendance. A member of the faculty interrupted the proceedings shortly after they began and invited the students to the front of the room to share their stories.

What seems to encourage them, is that each time something like this happens, they're treated with kid gloves. "Oh you bad bad kids, [ smiles and pats them on head ] don't do that again".
I think it's time to bring in SWAT and tear gas. Let their parents hire lawyers, instead of spending money on a school that lets them get away with this crap. They make a HUGE deal out of every little complaint and treat it like it's a murder investigation.
SMH. I'm glad I'm not paying for my kid to go to that school.
edit on 27-5-2017 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64

If it were my kid, he'd be cut off, and left on his own.

But these kids actually "learned" this from adults. Perhaps the parents are worse.

+3 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:08 AM
link   
At the rate things are going, which is complete and utter madness; we will have a civil war on our hands in short order and time.

This type of behavior does not survive long in the real world, and if it is pushed, there WILL be push-back from the rest of us.

Corporations and Enterprises do NOT function like this.

I fear for the future of our country. The madness is taking over.

This is liberal-social idealism going too far.

+5 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
We might as well get rid of MLK Day since his message obviously wasn't important enough to follow.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Might it be time for whitey to come to school with a shot gun, and defend himself from this idiocy?

You want to segregate something, segregate these idiots from school. Send them back to the sand box where they belong.

+3 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Ridiculous. Unfortunately these kids are right smack in the middle of thinking adults (especially parents) don't know a damn thing. My daughter is 23 and she's just now beginning to realize that Mom and Dad actually aren't as clueless as she thought. We were right about everything. Of course, she has been living in the real world and has to provide everything - rent, food, car, clothing - herself.

Dang kids need a hard, swift kick of reality check.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: musicismagic

originally posted by: pirhanna
That reminds me of many elements of the chinese "cultural revolution" where schools would be shut down by red guard. Then professors, intellectuals, and professionals would be rounded up for "struggle sessions" which often resulted in them being beaten to death as baseless accusations were yelled at them by hysterical crowds of youths and red guard.

Cultural Revolution Basics

This stuff is serious.

its happening now with out bullets to the head

Yes, they just use bike locks instead:
www.berkeleyside.com...
gotnews.com...
www.eastbaytimes.com...

Any blow to the head is considered attempted murder and assault with a deadly weapon. All victims are pressing charges. So he's going to have a nice long vacation behind bars.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Sounds like they want segregation.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

I lean a bit liberal. But this is herp derp.

Time for the administration to grow a pair and tell these protesters they are done.

If they don't want to stop the protest call the cops and arrest all of them and kick them out of the school.

Protest on your own time. School time is for education.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:06 AM
link   
That second video - the hour long one - is a joke. The meeting needed to be short.

"We have determined that your behaviour is unacceptable and you are all expelled from this establishment. Please gather your belongings and arrange for transport back to your homes. Thank You".

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   
What do these students feel about mixed race people? They come in varying shades of colour, even in the same family.
Do they have a shade chart for these protests? Black enough? Too white?

+4 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

I honestly don't think they care about skin color.

They just want to dictate what you think, how you act, what you say, and what you do.

They will determine what you protest and how you protest.

They will determine your response to their actions.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
upload some Slayer into their sound system ....

edit on 27-5-2017 by AttitudeProblem because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
a reply to: musicismagic

Oh.... So it was fluoride that caused this? Well that's a relief...

I thought it was the Russians.

Phew.
You will soon be having a blame the Russian's day in the US because at the moment they get blame for everything. It used to be the commies (reds under the beds).

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

It is time to cut the government purse strings. No more grants.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ohanka
Sounds like the university has devolved into a state of anarchy due to violence from regressive rioters.

Nope. Its in a state are anarchy because of the lack of leadership from actual adults. When the adults that should have control over the situation grow a spine, the campus will see peace

+1 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: six67seven

The pathetic part is, the students ARE adults.

They are 18 and older.

There are 18 year olds in the military, there are 18 year olds in the workforce who have responsibilities and take them seriously.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Fcked up thing? People like this are incapable of getting a real job. They'll wind up as an adjunct philosophy professor at some liberal arts or community college and continue to spread this leftist, Marxist cancer to more kids.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Yeah, this was ridiculous. Haven't seen any of our hardcore leftist liberals in here saying anything about this, prollt over there with those folks right now...

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

They might be adults by age, but thats about it. The problem stems from a lack of intellect. For if they arent simply ignorant, but actually understand exactly what they are trying to inflict on their campus.... THEN I would truly feel sorry for them and the rest of us honestly

But for me, I think they havent truly thought things through (at least thats my hope)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join