It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Take Control of Evergreen State College WA Demanding 'No White Day'- Threaten Violence

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck
I am wondering if this is just phase one in the grand plan.

No one really believes that the antics they pulled at this school has any power over anyone outside of that particular institution. The only thing it succeeded in doing was to get its name in the MSM and for over half the world to witness just how many idiots the school has enrolled.

Those students will have the rest of their lives to try to explain away this idiocy. Now if all the other people that are riding the SJW bandwagon will see themselves as the ridiculous pawns that they are, then maybe we have a chance.

But I know that will never happen. People are too addicted to stars, flags, tweets, followers, and likes, to be able to see the chains around their throats in their selfies.

It is all a game of using the pawns for a distraction. Though it can be done, it is extremely difficult to win the game without pawns.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Well, I doubt any of the idiots that got this school closed will have a chance to show others the error of their ways. Rumor has it (in other words, all the links I found were not exactly stellar by way of verifiable information) that putting Evergreen on a resume is an automatic trip to not gonna get hired.

They'll live out their lives, in all probability, in obscure poverty.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I only feel sorry for the innocent ones that have gotten caught up in this melee.

It would be wonderful if each and every one of the participants were held individually responsible for their acts, and the Innocent ones cleared from the disgusting antics of their classmate.

Why do we always throw the baby out with the bathwater? Why don't we just throw out the few bad apples and save the good ones?

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Power_Semi
It's funny, normally "students" go to college to learn from the highly educated and more life experienced Professors.

These morons think they're there to "teach" the Professors - even though all of them combined know the square root of jack #.

They are incapable of learning they are there to try and force their dogma and or ideaology onto other people.

Idiocracy has reached the tipping point - they ALL need kicking out asap.

This same philosophy emerged in the mid to late 60's when the students tried to tell faculties what they were to teach. It worked at some of the state schools but failed at smaller private colleges, especially those with religious affiliation. The good fathers informed the protestors that they had been in business for 1500 years and knew what the students needed. The students were students because they didn't know what they needed to learn but would be taught if they chose to stay. If they decided to leave, their transcripts would be sent without prejudice.
The SDS agitator of a professor was fired. He protested and threatened to sue but was told to read his contract, carefully, as it had been drawn up by the law school contracts professors. He was invited to file suit at any time and the law school faculty would happily oblige him. He left after only 6 weeks of teaching a watered down poly sci course.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

...and if it isn't/wasn't? What then?

As much as it pains me to kowtow in any fashion to threats of that nature...it was the right thing to do. Insane idiots with guns on college campuses generally don't mix well.

I almost attended Evergreen, way back in the day...but decided it was too far from home--four hour drive. Four years later, I'm workin' a fishing boat in the Bering Sea...

I wonder now, which is the better education?? Working on a fishing boat, where you learn teamwork, or you could end up dead, or a school where the student body act like spoiled rotten little brats throwing temper tantrums?? Real life, or something that isn't? Tough choice, though not for me. Fishing boat everytime. Seems some could use that lesson, as well.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Yes, it is unfortunate that that happens to people. That's why it is so important for people to stand up to bullies, 'cause that's what these little brats are. Bullies, nothing less.

If you don't stand up for yourself, you generally get what you deserve.

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull
Years ago most degrees were just a way for employers to weed out the applicants. It was easier to chose a handful of people with a sheepskin from a large job pool.

Now that degrees have become a dime a dozen, they no longer improve your chance of getting a better employee, just because they have a degree.

That is why some businesses are going the way of intern and preceptor-ships. They prefer an employee that comes to the table with a productive skill over a piece of paper.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Apprenticeships, and the like, are the absolute best way to learn a trade, always have been.

I learned the commercial fishing industry from the bottom to the top by watching, keeping my mouth shut, and my ears open, only speaking when spoken to. It was very much an industry where the youth were seen and not heard, both on the boats and in the processing plant.

That's something these boys and girls are going to learn the hard way, most of them.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Yes, but you forget: ignorant idiots who substitute emotion for reason are so much easier to rule, need to be ruled, and will end up dependent on those in power.

Nevermind that I've seen increasing evidence that those in power are just as inept.

The ENTIRE left side of the political spectrum there

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I feel sorry for them too. The law failed them.

Why do we always throw the baby out with the bathwater? Why don't we just throw out the few bad apples and save the good ones?

Two reasons:
  • We are afraid to prosecute criminal acts, especially against minorities or the "politically correct." To do so invites cries of racism, which have in many high-profile cases proven to be sufficient cause to confiscate property, terminate employment, and essentially exile one from society.

• I remember a few teachers way way back in my early school days who would punish an entire class for the actions of a few (sometimes for the actions of one). This is an old military training trick that can work pretty well... one slacker makes the whole platoon do extra work, so afterwards that one slacker gets the crayons beat out of him. A few of those, and suddenly you don't have a slacker.

But that won't work in school, because beating up the offender is a much more serious offense than it is in Basic Training. No one in society will turn a blind eye (like a Drill Sergeant would), so all it does is cause a lot of anger at the system and the offenders... nothing gets resolved.

Now those kids who were angry at the idea initially are grown and have become acclimated to it, so they are trying to impose it on society where it works even less. It prevents the infamous cries of racism, but it does so at the expense of equality, and destroys the ability of society to function.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

If it weren't for the fact they'd actually be endangering honest folks, those brats could use a season of fishing on the Bering Sea. Or a summer of working a custom cutting crew from Texas up to Canada following the wheat harvest, not nearly as dangerous, but the hours are almost as long.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's another dynamic. When I grew up, I had to haul hay, hoe fields, mow yards, help contractors, and once even picked cotton, if I wanted money. I learned to work out of necessity.

Today, hay is typically the round bales which require no real labor to move around or store... cultivators do the cultivating... lawn services mow the yards, not kids... day contractor help is performed by illegal immigrants... and no one has picked cotton by hand in 50 years to my knowledge. Instead of working, kids play World of Warcraft or Pokémon Go! and get money from their parents for doing nothing more than existing.

So when they get in the real world, and people expect them to work, they have nothing to compare their situation to except leisure. I can sit in a classroom and think how nice it is that I am sitting in an air-conditioned room rather than throwing 100-pound wet bales of hay into a truck bed or barn loft in the heat; they think how boring it is that they can't be playing video games.

It's a sad dynamic of the times we live in.

I have near future plans on building a new house (around this one). I don't plan on hiring a contractor; my experience has given me all the knowledge I need to accomplish the goal. Age has taken much of that ability, but if I hire some college kids during the summer, they have the strength, and afterwards they will have my knowledge and money to live on while they study... and a real baseline with which to compare their position in life.

That will be (part of) my contribution to society.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Good luck.

There is a elderly man that lives not far from me. He too took on the responsibility of trying to teach some of the young folk around here about working for a living.

It is not as easy as it seems. Many young folk are unreliable, and have a thousand and one excuses why they can't show up regularly, or why they can't show up on time. He has to give them tasks piecemeal. One task at a time with constant reminders. Then they have periods of time were they just stop. You would think they have gone into a trance, because they are just standing there looking around. If you ask them what is wrong. They will tell you nothing, and start again or they will say they are tired.

I got tired watching him try to work with the kids, and to be honest I was frustrated enough that I wanted to tell them to just go home. But I knew I wouldn't be much help, and he has a lot more patience than me.

I admire what you are planning to do. Just make sure that you are long on patience, and and that you don't have a deadline on that house.

posted on Jun, 13 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Oh, believe me, I know all about that. The key is to not get upset no matter what. I plan having about twice the names I need, so if one don't show up, I call another... then when the first guy calls the next day, I just tell him, "I had to call in someone else to replace you yesterday, so just be patient. I'll call you back when I need more help." No "you're fired!" or griping and bitching... just accept their decisions, make sure they realize what the consequences are, and that's how it is. They figure things out quick and either quit or straighten up.

The deadline passed about 10 years ago. So who needs a deadline now?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 14 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Racists claiming racism. Got it. I'm all for an ethnic/cultural group getting together for support and solidarity. No problems at all. When any group (A) coerces another group (B) to leave due to group (B)'s ethnicity/culture or skin colour, this is wrong. In a free society where inclusivity is preached, this should not be tolerated.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   

While I don't work in your industry, I am starting to understand the old school view that young people should listen and respect their elders (within reason, and obviously not if a given elder has major issues or doesn't know the topic at hand). Especially if that elder has a hell of a lot more experience or training in a given field. I think part of the problem I am coming to learn is that the younger generation, such as current 20 somethings, really seem to have an extreme sense of entitlement and know-it-all attitude. I work with several such types in my gov job. There are literally 24 and 25 yr olds at my work who got their job through political/familial connections, and have like 2 years of work experience (after college) and think that they know more than 30 and 40 something year olds with 10 years more experience and in some cases, more college/graduate school education than the younger ones. It's almost bordering on delusional.
edit on 15-6-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I agree. College kids need to lean to sit down and shut the F up when grown folks are talking. Two ears work better than one mouth.

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

I agree. College kids need to lean to sit down and shut the F up when grown folks are talking. Two ears work better than one mouth.

Right, they could be literally geniuses, and a future president, but at that age they lack a range of experience from professionalism to management to industry specific knowledge that takes years to master. That's the key to the humility. I experienced this even when I dated once a younger woman, who was brilliant and precocious, but lacked a lot of maturity in our dating relationship.
edit on 15-6-2017 by Quetzalcoatl14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
This is what happens when you raise a generation to believe everyone is special. This is what happens when you give out "participation" trophies. This is what happens when you believe "everyone has a voice" and that their opinion matters.

Fact is, these little snowflakes will never succeed in life past college. Are they going to pull this garbage when they work at a company in the real world? Are they going to hold the CEO hostage chanting "these racists gotta go"?

First, the president of this "college" should be immediately fired. Second, any "professors" pushing this BS agenda should be fired. Tenure be damned. It's time for these sniveling little babies to be put in their place and to learn that they don't get what they want because they "want it".

Allowing this behavior to continue will only make things worse. These little babies will just continue on, making more demands and disrupting the lives of students who actually WANT to learn, if that is even possible anymore in "college".

posted on Jun, 15 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
A conservative, pro-Trump group will demonstrate at The Evergreen State College because they believe that “political correctness and hatred has taken over the campus.”
Kiro Video

A conservative group, Patriot Prayer, plans a free speech rally at the campus at 5:30 p.m. A counter-demonstration by a group known as the Evergreen Anti-Fascist Community Defense Network is supposed to begin on campus at 3 p.m.
Source

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join