It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Take Control of Evergreen State College WA Demanding 'No White Day'- Threaten Violence

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

I don't want any of my money going towards supporting this kind of madness.

I can get behind that. Disallow any Federal funding (including Pell and CE grants, as well as Federal research dollars) to any school which allows protests unless there is full compliance with police actions to control said protests.

This would stop overnight. Literally, overnight.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
Oh nice. Now the students are demanding no homework, and that they be allowed to turn their papers in late with no penalty.

And looks like the boss is going to capitulate.

Can you believe this ****?

No I really can't. They are letting the inmates run the asylum. It's like they have brainwashed the students to destroy the country so well they are actually trying to destroy their brainwashing centers before going out into the world. I am not sure if all colleges are like this, but this is shaping up to be a huge problem over the next decade.

The fact they even have the nerve to ask for their homework while shutting down the college shows an incredible lack of awareness.

That's crazy. When I was at university, Only 6 years ago, If I missed assignments without reason I would fail the class and have to either repeat the year or get thrown out.

If my attendance was too low I'd be kicked out as well.

This is ridiculous. Rich kids who want to roleplay as revolutionaries should pay the consequences. Your employer sure as hell won't be understanding.

"So, why did you miss 5 days of work?"

"Well I was fighting cultural appropriation, the patriarchy and the rape culture of the West"

".....I see, get the hell out of my office, you're fired."

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Nah schools would sue and liberal activist judges would side with them.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's funny, normally "students" go to college to learn from the highly educated and more life experienced Professors.

These morons think they're there to "teach" the Professors - even though all of them combined know the square root of jack #.

They are incapable of learning they are there to try and force their dogma and or ideaology onto other people.

Idiocracy has reached the tipping point - they ALL need kicking out asap.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Sheye

That being said...I did hear the complaint of no blacks in faculty in the vid.. which I do find odd and unbalanced.

I find it untrue.

I glanced through the first several pages of their faculty page to see just what they were complaining about. Not everyone has a photo (maybe 60-70%?) but there are several black faculty members I saw. There are also Asians and Muslims.

You want more black professors? Get an education degree and be a black professor!

TheRedneck

Good on ya for going the extra mile and checking.

Through this great discussion I'm starting to see I am most likely being too lenient to this group of self entitled black students .

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Sheye

Well, I was actually curious myself.

There are times when a protest is warranted, and even if I don't agree with it, as long as a problem actualy exists and the demands are reasonable, I will support their right to speak out. But that's not what's happening here.

The issue? They're black. What? What's so terrible about skin color?

The demands?
  • Fire professors because they're white
  • Remove all white students from campus
  • Get rid of homework and projects
  • Ignore due dates

Again, what?

This isn't even a protest... it's a temper tantrum by a bunch of lazy, entitled racists.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I think they're entitled rich kids. Got everything handed to them on a silver platter since birth and now want something for nothing in the real world.

Aint gonna fly outside of university. Or I sure as hell hope it doesn't.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

I've been saying this for a while now. Funny though, I've got some SJW friends who took Chinese history and literature classes with me who still can't see the parallel. Funny how I'm in China now to get away from this madness.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Update:

State lawmakers in Washington are fed up with the antics of Evergreen State College, and plan to introduce legislation Thursday to privatize the left-leaning institution.

Led by Republican State Rep. Matt Manweller, the legislators are considering revoking $24 million in state funding, but vow that financial aid will remain available to students.

Evergreen State students held a protest recently after a liberal professor questioned plans to ask white students and faculty to leave campus during a day of diversity programming.

www.campusreform.org...

Maybe finally some action on this.

Yup, take away their state money, and let Soros step in and lose some more money to his commie little snowflakes.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Update:

Evergreen State College in Washington state was abruptly closed Thursday morning after officials received a "direct threat to campus safety."

"All are asked to leave campus or return to residence halls for instructions," said a statement on the college's website.

www.foxnews.com...

I wanna know the nature of the call myself. What happened? Couple this with State Legisators threatening to defund them(as mentioned above), forcing them to privatize, and this might just be the end of Evergeen College.

TheBorg

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Blue, green or pink: we all spend our cold cash and have a right to attend college. . America has gone backwards,. I pay for my college and I expect to treated fairly and allowed into class, no matter if I am silver in color a reply to: TrueAmerican

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBorg

Another update- Evergreen will be closed Friday due to a serious threat. Komonews.com

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Has anyone ever watched a fire kindle itself?

It starts out as a bed of coals, usually buried beneath an innocent looking layer of ash. Then a small sliver heats up enough to smoke. After a few minutes, a small flame appears. The flame grows and spreads. Eventually, that bed of coals becomes a raging wildfire.

We've been watching this bed of coals in this thread. Some of us saw smoke. Now it looks like there's flame. I hope someone puts it out quickly.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Around 10:30 a.m. Thursday morning Evergreen officials were notified that TCOMM 911 had received a call from an individual claiming to be armed and en route to Evergreen's Olympia campus. The call was made from an unknown telephone number to a regular business line.

Upon notification from TCOMM 911, and on the advice of law enforcement, President George Bridges made the cautionary decision to close campus. Evergreen students, staff, and faculty members were notified of the closure via an emergency text system, mass email, and a campus-wide speaker system.

www.evergreen.edu...

RU serious? They had to know that call was bogus. Since when do active shooters announce they are coming?

Ok so, this is how to disperse a protest. The new norm. Have some bozo call in with a bogus threat. Either that or fake it. Either way, it gives them a reason to shut the protests down. But those students were so looking forward to the violence! Now they've got something else to bitch about.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

We've been watching this bed of coals in this thread. Some of us saw smoke. Now it looks like there's flame. I hope someone puts it out quickly.

Yeah, and I have decided I will not add anymore fuel to the fire.

Madness to the left of me, hatred in front of me, bigotry at my back, and ignorance to the right of me. I am cornered.

I had two emergencies back to back, both related to a darn dating app. Then 2 cases a day apart that was played out on social media. I think it is time for me to take a break.

The internet has become a tool for our self destruction. We can't stop the fire if we keep dousing ourselves with gasoline.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Washington probably has the lowest black population of any larger state -- about 3.5% of 7.3 million.

How long before these "students" deem that to be "racist" and demand that Washington represent the national average for black population by moving about a million whites out (Hispanics, Asians, Indians, and other ethnicities would be exempt of course) and replacing them with blacks?

Yeah. That's where this garbage is going, folks!
edit on 1-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction

edit on 1-6-2017 by SBMcG because: Correction 2

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Ouch!

Good luck, and I hope everything works out OK.

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 2 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Sorry to hear, have had a lot of odd stuff at my end too in all this madness, best we can do is be careful not let it get to us.

See that's why I was asking about police involvement(which could have turned into something far worse), when the Evergreen college management apparently(the school's pres.) are sympathetic to the students causing issues with staff and more.

Back when I was in college, in this state, going to Evergreen was the goal(and only option in the state) for many to continue on(for a Bachelors) after completing a two year associates degree in the specific program. That's why for me this is personal, while can't say I fully agreed with all the teachings, no grades, etc., but that was the noted option for furthering a Design career in the state, and sad to see this developing, especially taking into consideration that it will be shut down over extremists activity* that is supported by the admin.

*IMO they should have just let it go that there were no participants in switching the planned event to having white staff, etc., leave instead of furthering it into this. To add to that, the teachers e-mail wasn't racists at all. I highly doubt that college has long time racists teachers as they claimed, give me a break!
edit on 2-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: removed more personal info

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Evergreen is back open after closed for two days. The news shares the dispatch of the call threat as well.

"I'm on my way to Evergreen University now with a .44 magnum," said the caller. "I'm to execute as many people on that campus as I can get ahold of. You have that? What's going on here you communist scumbag town?"

The 911 caller hasn't been caught.

People are saying the exit of the school makes it unsafe to escape in case of a random attack.
Source/Video[edi tby]edit on 3-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: been

edit on 3-6-2017 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   
And the long nightmare is about at an end, finally... though not necessarily the one hoped for by anyone.

EVERGREEN STATE: ONE BADLY USED SOCIAL JUSTICE COLLEGE FOR SALE

Sen. Phil Fortunato, R-Auburn, has introduced Senate Bill 5946, which would phase out state funding for The Evergreen State College and ultimately sell the institution.

Fortunato said the controversy over the request for a white professor to leave campus that has embroiled Evergreen in a national media frenzy, reveals a dysfunctional state institution incapable of keeping order or protecting free speech.

The legislation would transition Evergreen into a private institution and would seek to sell college assets at fair market value. A stipulation to the sale would be that the buyer would have to run the college as a four-year institution of higher education.

Fortunato’s bill is a companion to HB 2221, sponsored by Rep. Matt Manweller, R-Ellensburg.

As my signature says, and always has said... be careful what you ask for. You might just get it.

TheRedneck

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join