It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Students Take Control of Evergreen State College WA Demanding 'No White Day'- Threaten Violence

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+54 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   

Over the last 72 hours, students have taken over a small liberal arts college in Washington state, and only one adult has tried to stop them.

Students at Evergreen State College in Olympia, who filmed their exploits and posted the videos on social media, have occupied and barricaded the library, shouting down anyone who disagrees with them or shows insufficient passion for racial justice.

Biology professor Bret Weinstein was berated by dozens of students outside of his classroom Tuesday morning for refusing to participate in an event in which white people were invited to leave campus for a day. Now, he says police have told him to hold his classes off campus due to safety concerns.

Things are “out of control at Evergreen,” he said.

“Police told me protesters stopped cars yesterday, demanding information about occupants,” Mr. Weinstein told The Washington Times. “They believe I was being sought. It appears that the campus has been under the effective control of protesters since 9:30 a.m. Tuesday. Police are on lockdown, hamstrung by the college administration. Students, staff and faculty are not safe.”

A spokesman for the Evergreen Department of Police Services confirmed the agency had been in contact with Mr. Weinstein. He said officers would be in touch with The Times, but three subsequent phone calls during business hours were not answered.

www.washingtontimes.com...

A "No Whites Day?" Pfff.

How about a "No Blacks Day?"

Guess that wouldn't fly, huh?

I think this professor, even as progressive as he himself is, has realized the utter insanity of these demands and was in the absolute right to refuse to back such a demand.

And further, where are the town police? If the campus police are being hand tied, then get the real cops to come in and lay waste to this nonsense. This is a very bad slippery slope if it is allowed to continue, with other colleges potentially following suit and also demanding a "No Whites Day."

SJW's are the scourge of this earth, and need to be dealt a lesson. Darn snowflakes.

+12 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Will someone tell the FDA to ban Fluoride in toothpaste, please. I knew way back then that lead gasoline and lead based pencils were a very serious health issue, but fluloride in toothpaste and water has got to be eliminated for Gods sake.

+39 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

Oh.... So it was fluoride that caused this? Well that's a relief...

I thought it was the Russians.

Phew.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueAmerican
a reply to: musicismagic

Oh.... So it was fluoride that caused this? Well that's a relief...

I thought it was the Russians.

Phew.

Hey something had to cause it, right. So I'm thinking fluoride could actually be the underlying cause.

+38 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:09 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueAmerican

CRIMES are being Committed on that Campus , Where is the LAW ? People Wanna Know !

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:13 AM
link   

I'm surprised by the lack of videos.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Are they hoping he resigns like Zacroff? (see ATS thread)

Assistant Principal forced to resign from job. Goes nuts. Driven by Pro Life Christians
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Insanity is an understatement of what these students are upto. Why doesn't the gutless President of the College hold anyone to account!

www.zerohedge.com...

Students at Evergreen State College - a school notable for its far-left politics and its preference for measuring students' performance with "narrative evaluations" instead of grades - have seized control of their campus and are reportedly seeking hostages following a confrontation with a biology professor who objected to a planned demonstration that asked white students and faculty to voluntarily leave campus for a day, the Washington Times reports.

the angry mob of SJWs who confronted Weinstein refused to listen as he attempted to calmly explain his reasoning, prefering instead to hurl obscenities at him while demanding his resignation.

+4 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:20 AM
link   

This anti white nonsense is so bad, that even some regressive leftist whites hate themselves.

edit on 5/27/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:21 AM
link   

It would be interesting to interview their parents.

+27 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
Sounds like the university has devolved into a state of anarchy due to violence from regressive rioters.

Clearly local police are not doing their job, so their leadership should be removed, and higher level police (not sure what that is in America) should deploy armed officers to the university to restore order and end this.

If they actually take hostages then they should be considered terrorists, since using violence to advance a political agenda (which is exactly what is happening here) is terrorism.

+23 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

I saw this earlier today on Tucker too - blown away at the assertion that the lecturer made, especially his lead-in comment that most normal folks wouldn't understand - truly a case of the monkeys driving the train(wreck).

How anyone can see this as 'progressive' or 'tolerant' is beyond me.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

In my University when SJWs pull fire alarms, the police didn't do anything and this happens a few times already.

edit on 5/27/2017 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

+37 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:29 AM
link   

The only solution is that the college should expel all those students who took part in that nonsense. Clearly those students are not there to learn.

Peace

+9 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Oh Great?!?
We marched against segregation
in the Sixties, and won.
It was defeated in our Educational Institutions.
Dr. King's dream became reality.

But now, some folks want to bring
segregation back?
Clearly, even our finest Educational Institutions
have been infiltrated by Madness.

Take a selfie ,take a selfish,take a dumb down pill.
Let your emotions of anger,intolerance,and hatred,
flow through your veins. Let it over power your logic.
Take your Chinese Fentanyl as unprescribed,
and together we can hip hop as civilization and humanity
crumbles before our wasted eyes for more Facebook likes!

All the while we will set cozy blankets in your "safe space".
Yes, let us march together into the darkness
and over the Marxist cliff like "Scheep".

Bunch of Saps. www.youtube.com...

The staff of these Institutions should be sued into oblivion.
This is discrimination pure and simple.
Maybe I should stroll on over for an orientation.
I'm sure their accounting department will love to see me.

Just wait till they see what my Uncle Sam charges for this.

edit on 27-5-2017 by Wildmanimal because: fix reply

+20 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:21 AM
link   
That reminds me of many elements of the chinese "cultural revolution" where schools would be shut down by red guard. Then professors, intellectuals, and professionals would be rounded up for "struggle sessions" which often resulted in them being beaten to death as baseless accusations were yelled at them by hysterical crowds of youths and red guard.

Cultural Revolution Basics

This stuff is serious.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Evergreen is the Berkley of WA state, so this sort of crap happens a lot down there. Olympia sucks anyway. They get more far left than Seattle ever does.

+14 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

L am speechless. This is utter insanity! How could this be tolerated? These students need expulsion immediatly! Shameful behavior by these rasicst students. Unreal!! Im so pissed and sad what our youth has become. disgraceful.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
That reminds me of many elements of the chinese "cultural revolution" where schools would be shut down by red guard. Then professors, intellectuals, and professionals would be rounded up for "struggle sessions" which often resulted in them being beaten to death as baseless accusations were yelled at them by hysterical crowds of youths and red guard.

Cultural Revolution Basics

This stuff is serious.

its happening now with out bullets to the head

+13 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Some more info on this:

If social-justice warriors can come for a man like Bret Weinstein, they can come for anyone.

Evergreen State College, a small liberal-arts school in Washington State, has long had an interesting tradition. Each year, there is a “Day of Absence” on which students and faculty members of color meet off campus to hold solidarity-building activities, leaving the remaining community members to recognize the absence — and thus the value — of their peers. Later there is a “Day of Presence,” with similar activities but for the entire campus community.

But this year, the event changed. On the April 12 Day of Absence, minority students and faculty remained on campus, while whites were asked to leave. According to the local student newspaper, the decision reflected concerns following the 2016 election that students of color no longer felt comfortable on campus. This was to be their chance to reassert their right to belong on campus . . . by asking everyone else of a particular skin color to leave.

One liberal biology professor, Bret Weinstein, took issue with this change. Weinstein wrote a powerful e-mail to his colleagues on March 15. Deeply respectful and generous in tone, he made a simple point:

"There is a huge difference between a group or coalition deciding to voluntarily absent themselves from a shared space in order to highlight their vital and underappreciated roles . . . and a group or coalition encouraging another group to go away. The first is a forceful call to consciousness which is, of course, crippling to the logic of oppression. The second is a show of force, and an act of oppression in and of itself."

www.nationalreview.com...

Yeah, if you want to be absent for your cause then fine. Be gone. But don't expect and try to force people off campus just because of their skin color. That really IS racist. Damn hypocrites.

edit on Sat May 27th 2017 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

+14 more 
posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Can you imagine what America would look like if these idiots were in charge?

Sadly, even the most ardent leftist/Marxist can't even call this a one-off as things like this are happening all over the country as chronicled here on ATS.

These "students" are most certainly abusing their rights to free expression.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join