It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian ambassador told Moscow that Kushner wanted secret communications channel with Kremlin

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Oh, looks like WaPo posted fake news AGAIN.
Reports tonight that the request came from the Russians and it was only related to one conversation about Syria... I.e setting up a phone call.

Hardly surprising a foreign nation does not trust the American govt to keep things secret, given all Obama's hold overs leaking everything and putting lives in danger.. No wonder the Russians wanted to have the discussions via their Embassy.
edit on 29/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3
The Cuban Missile Crisis would have ended very differently if Kennedy didn't have a Back Chanel for communications with the Russians in 1962. Some things aren't for publication.

They didn't run it out of the Russian diplomatic facilty to hide it from US intelligence though.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

So, nothing unusual at all about what they were doing. General Kelly has also come forward now to join McMaster in saying there is nothing unusual.

Trump appointees on the payroll and want to keep their jobs think it was a great idea? You don't say? I'm shocked to hear that.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Reports tonight that the request came from the Russians and it was only related to one conversation about Syria... I.e setting up a phone call.

Hardly surprising a foreign nation does not trust the American govt to keep things secret, given all Obama's hold overs leaking everything and putting lives in danger.. No wonder the Russians wanted to have the discussions via their Embassy.

A Fox News source is the definition of fake news. They're the only ones reporting it.

If Kushner didn't suggest it, the WH wouldn't have let him twist in the wind like they have. Not one person has said Kushner didn't suggest the secret back channel. They all have taken the tactic of trying to explain that back channels are ok (like McMaster and Kelly), which isn't a denial that Kushner did it, which would be the easy thing to do and would instantly let Kushner off the hook. You know why they haven't denied it, because they know he did it. And that US intelligence knows what was said since Kislyak had the conversation back to Russia on lines that he knew were being monitored.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   

And those reports used anonymous sources which I thought were supposed to be the worst thing ever. Or so we are told by Trump supporters. But they're ok now? Good to know.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77

And those reports used anonymous sources which I thought were supposed to be the worst thing ever. Or so we are told by Trump supporters. But they're ok now? Good to know.

Just the answer I was looking for. So you agree the WaPo story should be ignored too then?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I'm not sure you acknowledging your own hypocrisy is the slam dunk you think it is? Lol...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Just the answer I was looking for. So you agree the WaPo story should be ignored too then?

No, because I'm not one of those foolish people that think anonymous sources are terrible when they don't support my position. That said, both stories can't be true. Peopke hsve to maje a decision on what to believe. I choose to go with the story corroborated by multiple news agencies and flows well with logic, rather than the random one that has neither of those working in its favor.

Is there a chance the WP story isn't true? Sure, but the odds aren't in the favor of that. The other story saying Kushner didn't suggest it is all alone with nobody really supporting it, not even the administration. Their response is very telling.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

No, because I'm not one of those foolish people that think anonymous sources are terrible when they don't support my position. That said, both stories can't be true. Peopke hsve to maje a decision on what to believe. I choose to go with the story corroborated by multiple news agencies and flows well with logic, rather than the random one that has neither of those working in its favor.

Is there a chance the WP story isn't true? Sure, but the odds aren't in the favor of that. The other story saying Kushner didn't suggest it is all alone with nobody really supporting it, not even the administration. Their response is very telling.

So why ignore the Fox story? Which anonymous source is right?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

I said why I choose to believe the one I choose to believe in the comment you responded to. I personally think the WP one is right. But that's what the investigation is for, to get the answer.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: jordan77

You know why they haven't denied it, because they know he did it.

because they are too dumb to come up with a good lie??
my understanding is that what they picked up is the russian ambassador reporting to moscow that kushner requested that a back channel be set up in the russian embassy..
it would have been quite believable for them to just come out and say they had no idea what the ambassador was talking about and it was just a russian attempt to muddy the waters further and degrade the public's trust even more.
but nope, they didn't think of that one...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Trump team can't throw Russia under the bus, so all they can do is work within the confines of the truth that's out there.

First choice is to pretend its normal to setup secret communications using Russian facilities - to evade not only U.S. intelligence but also the current sitting President.

If that shadiness doesn't fly, option 2 is to pretend the request came from Russia.

They'll attempt both options at the same time and go with whichever one sticks the best. Are there any new b.s. excuses being offered, or is it still just those 2?
edit on 30-5-2017 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

In your binary world, neither.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join