It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AfroAmericans, Do You Know Your Identity?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Ah yes, but what you left out was who initially captured many of those Africans and offered them up for slavery.
a reply to: MrBlaq

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 06:04 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Yes. I know my history. As I shifted majors from anthropology to paleontology to physchology to genetic engineering. I'd say I'm versed on everyone's history. Quantum physics is more my jam.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 07:10 AM
link   
a reply to: MrBlaq

Black Hebrews existed and continue to exist, but along side them are brownish Jews or Hebrews from places like India and yellowish ones from China, the point is , no matter who the so-called originals were, the fact is they are multi hued today and looked like their neighbors whether in Africa the so-called middle East, Europe, east and south east Asia, just like Muslims, and Christians , and for a lot of reasons.
African Americans and I will include all of the Americas are of multiple African and non African ancestries , it is the rare find that one can trace an AA who have a pure bloodline going back to anyone spot, however I'll not dismiss the idea that some AAs may in fact be related to African Jews, such were present in medieval Mali and was persecuted by Askia Mohammed a Muslim, that some did ended up on slave ships bound for the so-called new world is a given, but so did Muslims and Christian Africans the vast majority in any case would follow any number of traditional non Abrahamic religions.

To the person who said Christianity was forced on Africans by the sword, that's not entirely true, it certainly wasn't true for the early Christian kingdoms.

Early Christian kingdoms and one Empire, that of mighty Axum who successfully challenged mighty Persia.

Medieval Kongo , a place now known as a heart of darkness, was once a thriving civilization whose kings and court made Christianity the state religion, they exchanged embassies with the Vatican, Portugal and Spain, many of their nobles sent their sons to European capitols to become knights.
yet centuries later many Christian Angolans would end up as slaves even in the U.S one of the largest rebellions were started by one such Angolan Christian. which ended in Florida becoming a state.
edit on 29-5-2017 by Spider879 because: Because I be A Gwad!

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:06 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I see the very first response to this thread is self-contradictory...
Race has and always will be the dominant and core factor in modern life. That and other responses is proof enough.

People will object, of course, and disagree, but when you looks in the mirror of your life and are honest with yourself, you know deep down inside that the complexion of your skin pretty much dictated how you lived your life and the position you in are today. Sure, any individual can modify and alter that path by sheer force of will, determination, ability, and intelligence. Yet, even then, you will only get but so far... I think of millionaire and billionaire blacks, and have come to learn that despite their "wealth", they came to realize that if they try to alter the fundamental aspects of American Capitalism, they would not be wealthy long, or in a grave (e.g. Colin Kaepernick, although not really "wealthy"). They will only be Pro-Black in "non-granular" ways.

In short, Black is the Alpha and Omega since the Beginning... There is nothing in life today that, in some form or fashion, is not Black/Race related, whether directly or indirectly. I don't think I need to qualify that; a neutral look at World History to the present will validate on any level.

Regards,

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join