It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Assembles Team of ‘Street Fighters’ to Combat Negative Press and Leaks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk

originally posted by: alphabetaone

the party of retards

While I have no stake in the party-line game, is this the kind of nonsense that passes for civil discourse?

No one is trying to overturn a thing....we just want a President that knows how to actually do the damn job properly and with the dignity that the office deserves!

So you want him out and somebody else in cause you didn't vote for him.

Two problems there, I did vote for him is problem number 1, problem number 2 is I don't (necessarily) want him out...im ok if he's in, just learn the job, and do it with dignity....seems he cant make either one of those things happen, doesn't it.

That's trying to overturn a democratically elected president cause you're children who didn't get their way. Pull up your pants, stop crying and wait for your chance 2020 like the rest of us did with Obama.

This isn't the mud pit pal...leave your ad homs at the door.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

President Donald Trump — whose administration finds itself is besieged on all sides — is planning to set up substantial communications and rapid-response infrastructure to tamp down leaks and reign in negative coverage, according to Axios:

West Wing officials are prepping for a years-long war with investigators and the bureaucracy, with plans to beef up legal, surrogate, communications and rapid-response teams as part of a “new normal” for President Trump — besieged.

The plan comes in response to a tumultuous few weeks for Trump, who finds himself mired in scandals unearthed by enterprising reporters — with a little help from anonymous sources in the White House and intelligence community.

Source

So, in summary....President Trump thinks the best idea, is to stop wasting money on education programs, to stop wasting money on Medicaid, to stop wasting money on homelessness, and instead to waste money on protecting his own arse by setting up a rapid response teams for damage control that his deplorable demeanor has wrought by way of embracing violently lashing out at press that finds itself in the position of challenging him?

He is wasting his time, all he has to do is stay off twitter and Damage? Controlled.

I expect that the usual apologists will come to poor President Trumps defense and actually find a way to spin that treating the Free Press as "the enemy" is actually a good thing. Why should King Don be held accountable for anything?

Trump is playing right into their hands. He has rank political amateurs with him and they will likely get buried alive in this war with the press.

Their making Trump into Richard Nixon

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

While I have no stake in the party-line game, is this the kind of nonsense that passes for civil discourse?

No one is trying to overturn a thing....we just want a President that knows how to actually do the damn job properly and with the dignity that the office deserves!

I think dignity from that office has been dead since IKE, and/or depending on who you talk to JFK.

That's so inaccurate, yet I don't feel like debating that with you. Instead ill address what your solution to that is....to do nothing, if you believe it hasn't been dignified your solution is to leave it that way. I thought all President Trump supporters embraced eradicating old established ideals and principles...not the status quo?

By all means please bestow upon us all your grand solution to add dignity back to the presidency, so us lowly serfs can truly comprehend the epic majesty of your solution.
Your "solution" probably includes the name Clinton, Johnson or Stein which makes your "solution", at best, delusional.

My solution? That's easy.....it's a few simple steps:

1 - When attempting to act Presidential, ask yourself "Should I, Donald J. Trump, try and grab anyone by the p__sy?"

(if answer to number 1 is anything but no, you're losing the dignity battle)

2 - When attempting to act Presidential, ask yourself "Should I, Donald J. Trump, make abjectly false accusations?"

(if answer to number 2 is anything but no, you're losing the dignity battle)

3 - When attempting to act Presidential, ask yourself "Should I, Donald J. Trump, attempt to suppres opposing viewpoints?"

(if answer to number 3 is anything but no, you're losing the dignity battle)

4 - When attempting to act Presidential, ask yourself "Should I, Donald J. Trump, ever use the phrase 'nut job' in a sentence?"

(if answer to number 4 is anything but no, you're losing the dignity battle)

5 - When attempting to act Presidential, ask yourself "Should I, Donald J. Trump, actually think before I speak/tweet?"

(if answer to number 5 is anything but yes, you're losing the dignity battle)

Following these 5 simple guidelines may go a long way toward affecting an effective solution and the best part? It isn't doing nothing.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Isn't it just horrific that Trump is trying to fix the problem?

Of course he's trying to "fix" it, since *most* of the leaks seem to be justifiably negative about him, his campaign, or his administration.

It's good to see THE BEGINNINGS of some ACTION, instead of simply taking all these body blows. Trump is tough, but he has to start fighting back at some point. Better now than later.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

You're smart

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   

My solution? That's easy.....it's a few simple steps:

1 - When attempting to act Presidential, ask yourself "Should I, Donald J. Trump, try and grab anyone by the p__sy?"

(if answer to number 1 is anything but no, you're losing the dignity battle)

2 - When attempting to act Presidential, ask yourself "Should I, Donald J. Trump, make abjectly false accusations?"

(if answer to number 2 is anything but no, you're losing the dignity battle)

3 - When attempting to act Presidential, ask yourself "Should I, Donald J. Trump, attempt to suppres opposing viewpoints?"

(if answer to number 3 is anything but no, you're losing the dignity battle)

4 - When attempting to act Presidential, ask yourself "Should I, Donald J. Trump, ever use the phrase 'nut job' in a sentence?"

(if answer to number 4 is anything but no, you're losing the dignity battle)

5 - When attempting to act Presidential, ask yourself "Should I, Donald J. Trump, actually think before I speak/tweet?"

(if answer to number 5 is anything but yes, you're losing the dignity battle)

Following these 5 simple guidelines may go a long way toward affecting an effective solution and the best part? It isn't doing nothing.

So that's your solution??? In case you didn't realize, asking yourself hypothetical questions as if you were Trump amounts to doing nothing but wasting your own time and it obviously changes nothing.

So, let me get this straight, you voted for Trump, but now your upset about a pussy grab comment that was made over a decade ago?

That tape came out before the election, so it's a bit of a moot point your trying to make and a bit late for the outrage.

If it bothered you that damn much why the hell did you vote for him? There were other choices to pick from.

Were you expecting Trump to suddenly become a boy scout once he won the presidency? Did you even pay attention during the primaries and campaign?

I think you must have enjoyed the 8 years of Obama, since the guy was a doormat unwilling to stand up for anything other than his own agenda and was viewed as being a very weak leader internationally. Mr. "red line in the sand" was a complete joke with zero dignity to boot, yet somehow I get the feeling that you believe he passes your "solution" questions with flying colors.

edit on 27-5-2017 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

So, let me get this straight, you voted for Trump, but now your upset about a pussy grab comment that was made over a decade ago?

Nope...im upset that he hasn't put aside how he used to act, still thinking he can do and say whatever he wants with impunity. I had hopes he might actually do that and retain dignity of the office...regretfully I was mistaken.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Ah yes...more fake news OP...and yes, I too thought street fighters was literally meant as people paid to go out and kick the # out people who were spreading fake news stories...what a twist of words, so disappointed. Shakes head.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Skywatcher2011

Ah yes...more fake news OP...and yes, I too thought street fighters was literally meant as people paid to go out and kick the # out people who were spreading fake news stories...what a twist of words, so disappointed. Shakes head.

Which part is fake news? I'll be waiting for you to point that out before I comment further.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: PepeTalk

Well then you can take heart. If it's all fake news it won't touch him. It will be proven fake right?
He can't be taken down with fake news.
No worries. So why does he or you care?

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Nucleardoom

Trump is the problem.
Trump is the leak.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: PepeTalk

Well then you can take heart. If it's all fake news it won't touch him. It will be proven fake right?
He can't be taken down with fake news.
No worries. So why does he or you care?

I don't know, it might be because there's a country I'd like to see run

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   

I want to see prosecution of leakers. Only way this # stops

So you want more secrets in government, and less transparency?

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

No, I'm not retarded. I'm not conflating healthy leaking with what's happening now

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

No, I'm not retarded. I'm not conflating healthy leaking with what's happening now

What's happening now is healthy.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

I'm not conflating healthy leaking with what's happening now

So I assume you have some magical gauge that red flags the unhealthy leaks from the healthy ones then?

But you want to talk unhealthy? ok...let's get a small running tally

President Trump undermining our infrastructure to foreign states by denigrating them publicly? Check (unhealthy)

President Trump revealing National State secrets to foreign states? Check (unhealthy)

President Trump putting the current and future lives of people in jeopardy by aforementioned? Check (very unhealthy)

President Trump potentially revelaing methodology for intelligence gathering? Check. (unhealthy)

President Trump calling the free press the "enemy of the people"? Check. (very unhealthy)

President Trump transparently allowing investigations to run their course? Unchecked. (healthy)

President Trump presenting a world leaders dignity and strength to lead? Unchecked. (healthy)

President Trump actually being a forthright person in general lending confidence to his word? Unchecked. (healthy)

And this is just the short list ...let me know if you'd like a more comprehensive listing.
edit on 28-5-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

What's happening now is healthy.

No, It really isn't.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 05:20 PM
link   

No, It really isn't.

Yes it is. But you also have to understand where I'm coming from. I believe in very little secrecy in government. I applaud people like Assange, Snowden, Manning, Wiebe, Binney, and Drake.

100 years ago, in proportion to the size of government, only 1% as much information was classified and hidden away as it is today. Classification and secrecy is the tool for people who are incompetent and scared of doing their jobs properly.

With the exception of very few military secrets, I think everything that falls under the government should be public information.

Nothing that has been leaked by any of the above 6 people I mentioned, or anything that has been published so far from the Trump administration has fallen under the classification of stuff that should be secret. I felt this way under W, Obama, and now Trump. These leaks have been a good thing.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
This WAR ROOM at the highest level of our government is going to be great! The Liberal media's days of broadcasting Anti-American/ Anti-Trump FAKE stories, and Classified Information, are coming to an end.

WAR ROOM Initial Planning - www.businessinsider.com...

I have the feeling that this initiative is going to be SERIOUS. No coming to microphones and whining. Attorneys and other officials both in and out of government will be at work, silently getting the job done.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I have the feeling that this initiative is going to be SERIOUS.

I, along with about 57% of all other Americans believe you couldn't be more in error about your "feelings"...and a lot of his colleagues as well.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join