It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Assembles Team of ‘Street Fighters’ to Combat Negative Press and Leaks

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:
(post by Jonjonj removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: alphabetaone

originally posted by: Substracto
He should create his own News Channel, ah ah ah ah ah.

I agree completely with this...in fact, I'm sure a lot of his colleagues would agree with it so they could contain any damage in one spot.

I believe that is what is being attempted. By sowing doubt among people about the media, labeling all news that doesn't fit with the narrative as "fake," and by both labeling and making the media the enemy, the only "true" news is "official" news, straight from the autocracy.

Ra-Ra-Ra!

Which is why it's somewhat a mystery to me. He could have easily used the outlets that he used to actually get elected if that was his main goal. I certainly don't think he expected the backdraft he's gotten from this bonfire he created, that's for sure.

What I DO believe though, is that President Trump loses interest very quickly in anything that isn't Trump branded...so likely if this postulation were correct, he wouldn't be satisfied unless it had his name on it.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Trump seems to be the one sabotageing and leaking thru his twitter account.

cut him some slack...just a demented old man. Believe me.

www.thedailybeast.com...

It also looks like Jared can't keep his mouth shut to the press.

www.thedailybeast.com...

It's hard to stop those leaking when they are in your own family.

You reap what you sow....
edit on 26-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

You reap what you sow....

If only this were true, but for these people, it never is, otherwise I would have a measure of solace in all of this.

You know, through all of this I'm reminded of someone I consider a great guy and a fair man....someone (not the only one) who truly cares about what he saw in the world. I'm going to quote him but leave the name for others to run across

Who would have thought, in this bastion of enablement that brings unimaginably diverse people together in an environment of civil and open debate with a mandate of fierce focus on issues and not each other, that we'd encounter the choreographed flotsam of manipulation. Here, right here on our beloved AboveTopSecret.com, we see...

-*- mindless repetition of divisive spoon-fed political talking points

-*- patently false information about candidates presented as truth

-*- exaggerated disaster scenarios if one or the other is elected

-*- shameful racism

-*- shameful bastardization of candidate names

-*- shameful focus on personalities instead of issues

-*- pathetic fear mongering

-*- embarrassingly little focus on real, important, vital issues

With this type of activity here on AboveTopSecret.com, the only thing it's proving is that, nearly four years after I first wrote about it, "they" are winning.

Make no mistake, "they" want you to be focusing on bickering over pointless and utterly meaningless personality disputes.

"They" have a vested stake in an absolute 50/50 split of "conservative" and "liberal" mindsets across the nation.

"They" want to ensure your presidential choices are down to the lesser of two evils.

"They" are pulling your strings, guiding your thoughts, and directing your words.

If you/we/us don't snap out of this mental fog brought on by The Quadrennial Exploitation Of The Moronic Masses, there can be no hope.

Stop bickering about divisive ideological abstract positions for the sake of bickering about abstract ideology, and pick up a real issue and examine it with cold honest neutrality.

Stop being so overwhelmingly focused on which "side" wins an election that you can't remember that there are no "sides," only the singular future we build from the legacy of great men.

If neither of the two choices presented to you by "them" thrill you, make it known. Shout it. Tell it. Maybe there are more like you.

And most importantly, cut the damn strings, and find your own original voice... and deny ignorance, please!

It rings in my ears all the time while on here.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

You sound like you support this. How do you reconcile going after those leaking the info while the president himself bumbles and leaks critical intelligence to our enemies? Seems to me the republican way to do this is to roll together both directives and save the taxpayers money, amirite?

No, you're not right. The president of the united states of America can share whatever information he wants with whomever he wants and at his own discretion.

Actually, it was ABC News who reported the information had come from an Israeli agent embedded with Islamic State fighters, thereby notifying ISIS, and putting that agent in danger.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: usernameconspiracy

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It is a battle against leaks, which are illegal and a national security issue, and so-called "nameless, faceless, deep-state types" hell-bent on undermining democracy in general, and the current administration in particular.

Heh. Remember way back in 2016, when people didn't care that intelligence leaks were illegal and a national security issue? Remember when those who leaked were lauded as patriots fighting against the evil Obama Administration? Image how the narrative would change if Snowden happened next week, rather than in the past. From hero to traitorous just because the it's a different President.

In review:
2008-2016 "leaks, which are illegal and a national security issue, and so-called "nameless, faceless, deep-state types" hell-bent on undermining democracy in general, and the current administration in particular" = GOOD

2017-? "leaks, which are illegal and a national security issue, and so-called "nameless, faceless, deep-state types" hell-bent on undermining democracy in general, and the current administration in particular" = BAD.

I don't remember, sorry. Perhaps you can provide an example.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I expect that the usual apologists will come to poor President Trumps defense and actually find a way to spin that treating the Free Press as "the enemy" is actually a good thing. Why should King Don be held accountable for anything?

Did Trump ever mention the free press? No. It's the usual liars spinning the narrative so as to set up yet another strawman, misrepresenting the arguments of the very man they claim to be smarter than, and in doing so spreading false facts.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:12 PM
link   

I expect that the usual apologists will come to poor President Trumps defense and actually find a way to spin that treating the Free Press as "the enemy" is actually a good thing. Why should King Don be held accountable for anything?

Did Trump ever mention the free press? No. It's the usual liars spinning the narrative so as to set up yet another strawman, misrepresenting the arguments of the very man they claim to be smarter than, and in doing so spreading false facts.

Ever? Sure....

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I wonder if Sean Spicer, now that Trump has thrown him under the bus will have anyting to say about the WH operations.

Apparently everyone in the WH is lawyering up....getting ready for the Sh!t storm, believe me!

qz.com...

Ironic eh??

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Ever? Sure....

The evidence clearly shows he is speaking about Fake news, which you (or more likely, the propaganda you repeat) have conflated to mean the free press.
edit on 26-5-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

I wonder if Sean Spicer, now that Trump has thrown him under the bus will have anyting to say about the WH operations.

Apparently everyone in the WH is lawyering up....getting ready for the Sh!t storm, believe me!

qz.com...

I don't think Sean Spicer is dumb enough to make that misstep. I'm sure he still has a career he wants to further. Even if it came to pass that he couldn't stand a thing that President Trump says or does, he wouldn't want to be seen as a turncoat. Not to mention it's his job to report things as directed by the Executive Branch. The Press Secretary is as much bound by plausible deniability as is the President and wouldn't have much in the way to offer than is already known.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Ever? Sure....

The evidence clearly shows he is speaking about Fake news, which you have conflated to mean the free press.

Which he further identifies as bastions of the Free Press....thereby painting a broad stroke. Which is why effective communication (which this President hasn't an iota of) is extremely important. I nor any of the other 300+ million American citizens wants to HAVE to have a translator for what the President means. If he meant to say "only the fake news that sometimes gets wrapped up within otherwise professional organizations" then that's precisely what he should have said....BUT he lumped almost every press outlet into it.

(post by xuenchen removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk
I want to see prosecution of leakers. Only way this # stops

Because prosecution of criminals stops crime, right?

Murder, drugs, rape, theft, etc, etc, etc.

Yep. Prosecution stops crime all right. *eye roll*

Leaks will always happen. Many times, leaks are good for a functioning democracy because they expose wrong doing by the government.

This is nonsense. These aren't leaks about government overreach or spying on citizens. News about that just came out yesterday and it was about the Obama administration, passing it on to 3rd parties also. I doubt you read or even care about it. The leaks happening now have nothing to do with "maintaining a healthy democracy", it's the opposite. They're trying to undermine it because we didn't pick Queen of Swamp and status quo. Spare me the BS
edit on 26-5-2017 by PepeTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

qz.com...

I don't think Sean Spicer is dumb enough to make that misstep. I'm sure he still has a career he wants to further. Even if it came to pass that he couldn't stand a thing that President Trump says or does, he wouldn't want to be seen as a turncoat. Not to mention it's his job to report things as directed by the Executive Branch. The Press Secretary is as much bound by plausible deniability as is the President and wouldn't have much in the way to offer than is already known.

Maybe, but Trump has few loyal aids in the WH left. The tension is unbearable and many are secretly sending out resumes, anticipating the inevitable. Believe me....

Loyality in the WH has no meaning when you get treated like sh!t as was Sean. All the staff saw what happened!! Constant positioning for dominance and political intrigue rules the day. It's chaos. And total obsession with the investigation...handwriting on the wall anyone?

Real life is much better than even "The Wire"

Some of those "street Fighters" will be some of the biggest leakers. Jared has already shown his loyalty!!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:46 PM
link   

I want to see prosecution of leakers. Only way this # stops

Because prosecution of criminals stops crime, right?

Murder, drugs, rape, theft, etc, etc, etc.

Yep. Prosecution stops crime all right. *eye roll*

Leaks will always happen. Many times, leaks are good for a functioning democracy because they expose wrong doing by the government.

This is nonsense.

No it isn't.

These aren't leaks about government overreach or spying on citizens.

You're right, it could be worse. They are leaks of a potentially treasonous act.

The leaks happening now have nothing to do with "maintaining a healthy democracy"

Yep. They sure do.

They're trying to undermine it because we didn't pick Queen of Swamp and status quo.

Cue the "but....But....Hillary" rhetoric....

Look, here's a little information that you may find useful, we're even MORE glad that Hillary didn't make it in...that would have been equally as bad or worse.....

Spare us the BS instead.
edit on 26-5-2017 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Which he further identifies as bastions of the Free Press....thereby painting a broad stroke. Which is why effective communication (which this President hasn't an iota of) is extremely important. I nor any of the other 300+ million American citizens wants to HAVE to have a translator for what the President means. If he meant to say "only the fake news that sometimes gets wrapped up within otherwise professional organizations" then that's precisely what he should have said....BUT he lumped almost every press outlet into it.

You don't have to, but you do. You're repeating the phrase "free press" as if that's what Trump said, what Trump means, when it is clear that is the narrative the "free press" is pushing. He's even clarified his statements that he wasn't talking about the "free press" all, but that's not good enough, is it? Because your translators, those who teach you not only what to know, but also what not to know, didn't give you the go ahead to believe him.

Yes, fake news is the enemy of the people, for this very reason.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

qz.com...

Maybe, but Trump has few loyal aids in the WH left. The tension is unbearable and many are secretly sending out resumes, anticipating the inevitable. Believe me....

Loyality in the WH has no meaning when you get treated like sh!t as was Sean. All the staff saw what happened!! Constant positioning for dominance and political intrigue rules the day. It's chaos. And total obsession with the investigation...handwriting on the wall anyone?

Real life is much better than even "The Wire"

Some of those "street Fighters" will be some of the biggest leakers. Jared has already shown his loyalty!!

Well think about just here as an example...if ATS is any indication of just how far some people will go to be loyal to someone they don't even have contact with, imagine the inner circle. I don't imagine that President Trump is "out of friends" and I frankly don't care who betrays who in this administration...what I do care about, however, is what this is creating out in the real world, how international relations will NEVER be the same, how the USA is even more of a joke to people than it ever was, and how the country and Government that I used to love is eroding right in front of me as idealistic as that sounds.

I think President Trump wanted to come into the White House, show people he was different and make a "clean" Government just so he could point to it all and say "see??? if it wasn't for me none of that wouldn't have happened"...which would have been ok (assuming youre apt to believing the end justifies the means)...but as always with Trump it's Trump first, everyone else second and THAT is not the marks of a good leader. Good businessman? yes. Effective leader? Not by a longshot.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Stop with the convoluted semantics and word play.

The media organizations Trump specifically mentioned (NYT, ABC, CNN, CBS) are the free press.

Trump said media. The media are the press, and they are the free press.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Well think about just here as an example...if ATS is any indication of just how far some people will go to be loyal to someone they don't even have contact with, imagine the inner circle. I don't imagine that President Trump is "out of friends" and I frankly don't care who betrays who in this administration

ATS imo isn't indicative of anything but BS from adolescents and faux conservative afraid to voice their real feelings because of pride. Agreed that Trump has friends but are they loyal when push comes to shove, and it's about to very soon. Believe me!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join