It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Assembles Team of ‘Street Fighters’ to Combat Negative Press and Leaks

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Straw-man. Of course there is no mention of combatting "negative press" from the source nor the original article, so there is no point in peddling that ruse.

It is a battle against leaks, which are illegal and a national security issue, and so-called "nameless, faceless, deep-state types" hell-bent on undermining democracy in general, and the current administration in particular.

You sound like you support this. How do you reconcile going after those leaking the info while the president himself bumbles and leaks critical intelligence to our enemies? Seems to me the republican way to do this is to roll together both directives and save the taxpayers money, amirite?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
He should create his own News Channel, ah ah ah ah ah.

I agree completely with this...in fact, I'm sure a lot of his colleagues would agree with it so they could contain any damage in one spot.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk
I want to see prosecution of leakers. Only way this # stops

Because prosecution of criminals stops crime, right?

Murder, drugs, rape, theft, etc, etc, etc.

Yep. Prosecution stops crime all right. *eye roll*

Leaks will always happen. Many times, leaks are good for a functioning democracy because they expose wrong doing by the government.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

I agree completely with this...in fact, I'm sure a lot of his colleagues would agree with it so they could contain any damage in one spot.

I believe that is what is being attempted. By sowing doubt among people about the media, labeling all news that doesn't fit with the narrative as "fake," and by both labeling and making the media the enemy, the only "true" news is "official" news, straight from the autocracy.

Ra-Ra-Ra!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

He has the money and people to do it, but then again, from a political/moral standpoint, what would dems say about it? would call it "a propaganda channel typical of a dictatorship", lol, would be a beautiful outrage thought.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Youre making that assumption that all leaks are classified and that all classified information is being leaked.

How many classified leaks would it take to make your opinion change?
How many lives lost would be a problem? more than 10?

I'd prefer that things that were meant to be kept secret in the white house, stayed secret. That way, I don't have to worry about people dying due to the need for a good Trump bashing story. Sorry you don't see life as precious.

And try to convey the same level of respect given to you. It will help with future endeavors.
edit on 26-5-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

Leaks will always happen. Many times, leaks are good for a functioning democracy because they expose wrong doing by the government.

Regretfully, people don't understand this, and want to instead focus on the illegality of it, without seeing the counter-point to it.

Which is why I am shocked lately by the complete breakdown of the critical thinking mentality for the Trump'esque violence, displayed here at ATS. One would think that exposing a Government's wrong-doing would be seen as patriotic; not toe'ing a party line as the measure of patriotism.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:46 PM
link   

The only thing dumber than treating the press as the enemy is treating the FBI as an enemy.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

No its defense.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   
a reply to: PepeTalk

What # stops?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

Youre making that assumption that all leaks are classified and that all classified information is being leaked.

How many classified leaks would it take to make your opinion change?
How many lives lost would be a problem? more than 10?

The quantity of leaks is wholly unimportant. Same with the lives lost. If the leaks resulted in keeping the Government in check, then however many it takes. If the lives lost resulted in the same, then they should be hailed as patriotic to their country and patriotic to the Constitution and didn't die in vain.

I'd prefer that things that were meant to be kept secret in the white house, stayed secret. That way, I don't have to worry about people dying due to the need for a good Trump bashing story. Sorry you don't see life as precious.

So would I. Except if it's to maintain checks and balances. Because let's face it, a system of checks and balances only works if there is someone checking and balancing FFS.

Sure I see life as precious, but not to the extent that I would let the USA turn into a replica DPRK. We keep going down the path of oppression and suppression that's exactly where we'll end up.

And try to convey the same level of respect given to you. It will help with future endeavors.

Ad homs not necessary here.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I read the title and thought 'Greatest film plot ever'. Imagine my disappointment. Just for the record though, I suspect the republican streetfighters i.e Chuck Norris and Arnie would kick the ass of the democrat streetfighters like Katie Perry and Justin Timberlake.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PepeTalk

No one wants to over turn the election.
More hyperbole. Ala trump.

edit on 5262017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I expect that the usual apologists will come to poor President Trumps defense and actually find a way to spin that treating the Free Press as "the enemy" is actually a good thing. Why should King Don be held accountable for anything?

*reads thread* Lol. Good guess.

link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

It is a battle against leaks, which are illegal and a national security issue, and so-called "nameless, faceless, deep-state types" hell-bent on undermining democracy in general, and the current administration in particular.

Heh. Remember way back in 2016, when people didn't care that intelligence leaks were illegal and a national security issue? Remember when those who leaked were lauded as patriots fighting against the evil Obama Administration? Image how the narrative would change if Snowden happened next week, rather than in the past. From hero to traitorous just because the it's a different President.

In review:
2008-2016 "leaks, which are illegal and a national security issue, and so-called "nameless, faceless, deep-state types" hell-bent on undermining democracy in general, and the current administration in particular" = GOOD

2017-? "leaks, which are illegal and a national security issue, and so-called "nameless, faceless, deep-state types" hell-bent on undermining democracy in general, and the current administration in particular" = BAD.

link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The only thing dumber than treating the press as the enemy is treating the FBI as an enemy.

Well, I don't think the FBI is beyond reproach, if they become corrupt then they should be held over the same fire. I just don't think it's quite to that point yet, but letting the FBI know that they only marginally matter in a federal investigation by way of calling former directors 'nut jobs' certainly doesn't help.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am actually upset that it was that predictable....I wanted to be wrong.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

So...communistic censorship? Great idea......

NOT

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:57 PM
link   

a reply to: Krazysh0t

I am actually upset that it was that predictable....I wanted to be wrong.

Yea. The Trump supporters are stupidly predictable. They've broken all their records and left them on play for the last 7 months.
"But but Hillary Clinton!"
"the deep state, funded by soros, is preventing Trump from doing his agenda"
ad hominem followed by a strawman about you
"But but Obama!"
And so on and so forth.
edit on 26-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I believe that is what is being attempted. By sowing doubt among people about the media, labeling all news that doesn't fit with the narrative as "fake," and by both labeling and making the media the enemy, the only "true" news is "official" news, straight from the autocracy.

Ra-Ra-Ra!

Spot on!!

I assure you their strategy will be to emphasize Trump's previous and longstanding assertion that all news that doesn't portray him and his presidency in a positive light is fake news.

Hell, I'm expecting that as soon as he gets home, Trump will be telling us that the viral video that shows him clawing his way to the front of the crowd in Brussels, (like a kid pushing to get to the front of the line at a snow cone stand) is photoshopped or CGI and that he never shoved anyone out of the way.

He'll be saying it's fake news, "Believe me!"

The man clearly has mental issues, which doesn't say much for those who remain in denial and continue to support him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join