It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Assembles Team of ‘Street Fighters’ to Combat Negative Press and Leaks

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

President Donald Trump — whose administration finds itself is besieged on all sides — is planning to set up substantial communications and rapid-response infrastructure to tamp down leaks and reign in negative coverage, according to Axios:

West Wing officials are prepping for a years-long war with investigators and the bureaucracy, with plans to beef up legal, surrogate, communications and rapid-response teams as part of a “new normal” for President Trump — besieged.

The plan comes in response to a tumultuous few weeks for Trump, who finds himself mired in scandals unearthed by enterprising reporters — with a little help from anonymous sources in the White House and intelligence community.

Source

So, in summary....President Trump thinks the best idea, is to stop wasting money on education programs, to stop wasting money on Medicaid, to stop wasting money on homelessness, and instead to waste money on protecting his own arse by setting up a rapid response teams for damage control that his deplorable demeanor has wrought by way of embracing violently lashing out at press that finds itself in the position of challenging him?

He is wasting his time, all he has to do is stay off twitter and Damage? Controlled.

I expect that the usual apologists will come to poor President Trumps defense and actually find a way to spin that treating the Free Press as "the enemy" is actually a good thing. Why should King Don be held accountable for anything?

+17 more 
posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I thought you meant 'street fighters' in the George Soros sense of the term, like BLM and Antifa.

But you meant people that work for law offices and public relations firms.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I was hoping 'street fighters' was literal.

I just imagined them going door to door Jay n Silent Bob style kicking critic butts!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Is setting up a special panel of politicians to counter a federal investigation into yourself obstruction?

Serious question.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

Sounds like he is taking tips from Montana's new Congressman named Gianforte. Gianforte the other day literally PUNCHED a local news reporter in the state! All I can say about Gianforte, is that I know he wants to take access from PUBLIC lands away from the People of the State. That would be horribly wrong to do to the people of Montana. If Trump is running his Presidency based on how FAKE MONTANANS from New Jersey (Gianforte!) run things, then that scares the hell out of me!
edit on 5/26/2017 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I want to see prosecution of leakers. Only way this # stops
edit on 26-5-2017 by PepeTalk because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Is setting up a special panel of politicians to counter a federal investigation into yourself obstruction?

Serious question.

I would imagine it could be, especially if the sole intent is to counter a Federal investigation.

+1 more 
posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Nah, I know why and completely understand. In fact, I was waiting for this.

You? You're just throwing crap on it to make it appear negative.

This is needed to combat the leakers and to ensure a respectful and responsible work environment. Charge the leakers.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

Serious question.

Should he sit down and take it? We have 4 investigations, 24 hour media hit pieces and a Democratic(Communist) party that wants to overturn a democratically elected president. The real problem? None of them can point to an actual crime committed, they're just going to search till they find one.

"“Show me the man, and I’ll show you the crime.”"- Lavrentiy Beria, head of Joseph Stalin’s secret police

+6 more 
posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Straw-man. Of course there is no mention of combatting "negative press" from the source nor the original article, so there is no point in peddling that ruse.

It is a battle against leaks, which are illegal and a national security issue, and so-called "nameless, faceless, deep-state types" hell-bent on undermining democracy in general, and the current administration in particular.
edit on 26-5-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   

I'm pretty sure you don't understand all this.

Leaks have been happening.

Leaks can kill people, due to their secure nature. In the military it's called COMSEC and OPSEC.

If the leaks and the leakers aren't fixed, the system is no good. So this must be a priority, above almost everything else. Once the leakers have been caught and made a large example out of, making sure that anyone who thought it was a good idea to spread classified information to the press, also fully understands prison and the niceties that go along with it, we can get back to trying to run the country.

Think of it like your kids were telling the IRS about every lie you ever told about your taxes. Even if you are innocent, expect an audit.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:19 PM
link   
He should create his own News Channel, ah ah ah ah ah.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk
I want to see prosecution of leakers. Only way this # stops

That would be great IMO. Because it seems one major leaker is Trump himself.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Governments (including past administrations), private corporations and "media" outlets have been employing shills for years.

Doesnt make it right, just making the point that its nothing new.

edit on 26-5-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:23 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

Of course, typical reply. Blame Trump! it's all Trump! lmfao smh get real

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

Typical response to my reply. Don't like my opinion, so f*cking what??? Do I need to check with you first before I speak???

He keeps leaking stuff that he shouldn't. But as President there is no punishment for it because he's president. But it's sure pissing off other leaders and our own intelligence agencies too. That's a fact. Deal with it.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I'm pretty sure you don't understand all this.

I'm pretty sure I do.

Leaks have been happening.

Leaks can kill people, due to their secure nature. In the military it's called COMSEC and OPSEC.

Oh is that what it's called in the military? I cant imagine how I would know about that. Those militaries iz confuzin to me.

If the leaks and the leakers aren't fixed, the system is no good. So this must be a priority, above almost everything else. Once the leakers have been caught and made a large example out of, making sure that anyone who thought it was a good idea to spread classified information to the press, also fully understands prison and the niceties that go along with it, we can get back to trying to run the country.

Youre making that assumption that all leaks are classified and that all classified information is being leaked.

Think of it like your kids were telling the IRS about every lie you ever told about your taxes. Even if you are innocent, expect an audit.

Ummmmm if I had kids AND my kids were telling the IRS about every lie I ever told the IRS about my taxes, then I'm not innocent....are you really trying to use this as a rebuttal?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   

said a Trump ally familiar with the preparations.

A West Wing official said

Trump aides recognize

The Trump ally referred to

Jonathan Swan hear

Reince Priebus and Steve Bannon broke off from the trip and returned early, in part to quarterback planning. Numerous officials are involved

Director Jim Comey had been expected to testify on the Hill next week. But that has been postponed so he can first meet privately with special counsel Robert Mueller.

Aides recognize

Close aides have trouble imagining ....
Mike Allen does not suffer from a lack of imagination according to un-named officials close to Trumps X girlfriends 1/2 brother twice removed who passed away suddenly from the shock of hearing the news

OP didn't you make a thread saying you were a journalist ? care to get confirmation of who these people are >

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Governments (including past administrations), private corporations and "media" outlets have been employing shills for years.

Doesnt make it right, just making the point that its nothing new.

I know. And youre right....but most past administrations haven't claimed to "draining the swamp" in the context that President Trump (then candidate Trump) meant it. The swamp merely got relocated.

I don't disagree with you, but trying to draw a parallel between this and past administrations is almost an exercise in futility.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I thought you meant 'street fighters' in the George Soros sense of the term, like BLM and Antifa.

But you meant people that work for law offices and public relations firms.

First time in my life that I've heard of law office and/or public relation employees being referred to as "street fighters."

Just the same, I wouldn't go betting my lunch on his street fighters or their war room to get much accomplished.

It doesn't really matter what scenario this war room tries to portray on any scandal, because as soon as they lay out their explanation of events, Trump will come along and say just the opposite. Same way he does now.

Donald Trump is mentally unstable and clearly his own worst enemy who will continue to make the situation worse for as long as he's left in office.

The longer the GOP denies this reality, the worse it's gonna be.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join