It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Massacred in Egypt

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Seed76
a reply to: Deaf Alien

I want radical Islam eliminated. I'm tired of hearing stories about this all the time. Time to do something.

Islam is in need for reformation. Those moderates should take charge and ex-communicate all radicals muslims. I do not think will be a problem since everyone claims its only a minority. But somehow i doubt it. Here is video about those so called "moderates".

After every terrorist attack, politicians and pundits reassure us that the atrocity does not represent the true beliefs of the "moderate Muslim majority." But how many moderates are there? And what exactly does "moderate" mean? Military instructor and researcher Hussein Aboubakr explains.

Peace

This is precisely what I have been saying. The issue is not extremism. The issue is the Islamic faith, its teachings and it's doctrines. 'Moderate' Muslims are where the problem begins, because their views are incompatible with a modern, grown up society.

Until we all recognise where the problem is there will be no solution. Muslims hide their true beliefs on the whole, they play at integration. When their numbers give them the confidence their bigotry and violence show through.

Anyone who thinks we can coexist as things stand is a fool. Worse, they are complicit in allowing this perverted faith to continue its violent path. It needs to end and Muslims need to grow up, face the problem and defeat it from within.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

The clear problem is censorship. The cure is free speech.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

The social media warriors ignore anything that doesn't happen to them. In their minds hearing the name "Trump" causes them anxiety, and they need "their safe space where they can force people not to say the name "Trump", or not to talk about the real injustices happening in the U.S., or around the world.

The "social justice warriors" want to be able to control the U.S. government even when they were defeated. These "social justice warriors" only care about forcing people to do the will of the "social justice collective". Even in these forums you will find instances of "social justice warriors" claiming that these massacres against Christians don't exist, or they claim that they are exaggerated, or they just ignore such threads completely. After all, they have more pressing issues to contend with... Such as making up claims that Trump and all people who voted for him are fascist, yet the "social justice warriors" don't see that their behavior is the real behavior of "fascists".

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: dragonridr

Again clueless I take it you have a problem with the protestant reformation. Again I think you don't understand history. I think you were attempting to discuss the crusades. But even than I have a feeling your clueless since I guarantee you believe that actions of Christians to be evil. I'm betting you didn't realize the crusades started with attacks on pilgrims in the holy land.

There has been attempts to rewrite history. We have people that want to lie about history for political goals sad really.

I was referencing the Spanish Inquisition. I don't find the crusades to be evil. So much for understanding history.

The Spanish inquisition was started by Queen Isabela. It wasn't starred by three church but a monarch. So shouldn't your argument be that monarchy are bad?? Don't worry most people have been misinformed about Christians and history.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

You're pretty much alone in believing that most of violence in history is not caused by religions.

Yeah, thanks for yet another example of an unsupported assertion. I suppose now you'll demand that I prove it was unsupported. You're not really clear on how this works are you?

Anyway, in the event that you're not perfectly content wallowing in ignorance, among others, Karen Armstrong has critically addressed this notion that historically or otherwise, religion is responsible for most of the violence in the world, in her book "Fields of Blood". Charles Phillips in "Encyclopedia of Wars" debunks religion as the cause for most of the wars popularly believed to have been caused by religion. "Blackwell Companion to Religion and Violence" also contains entries critical of this notion.

So, I'm not "pretty much alone" and this notion that you expect to be taken as established fact, isn't established fact. It's controversial to say the least, some would say well out of favor, well at least among serious historians.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

I swear it doesn't matter if these people butcher children at a concert or a bus stop your punk a$$ is the first to jump up and piss all over the victims in order for you to virtue signal like a good little muppet. You are a liar.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

The clear problem is censorship. The cure is free speech.

You mean people should be able to say what they think about Muslims?

Or that we should all know how they really think?

Or that their bigoted views should just be tolerated?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

You're pretty much alone in believing that most of violence in history is not caused by religions.

Yeah, thanks for yet another example of an unsupported assertion. I suppose now you'll demand that I prove it was unsupported. You're not really clear on how this works are you?

Anyway, in the event that you're not perfectly content wallowing in ignorance, among others, Karen Armstrong has critically addressed this notion that historically or otherwise, religion is responsible for most of the violence in the world, in her book "Fields of Blood". Charles Phillips in "Encyclopedia of Wars" debunks religion as the cause for most of the wars popularly believed to have been caused by religion. "Blackwell Companion to Religion and Violence" also contains entries critical of this notion.

So, I'm not "pretty much alone" and this notion that you expect to be taken as established fact, isn't established fact. It's controversial to say the least, some would say well out of favor, well at least among serious historians.

Sighs. I'll give you a simple historical example: the Crusades vs. Muslims. And do you agree that islam has been waging wars for hundreds of years?

I'll leave you to study that part and hopefully you'll continue to study about Judaism, Catholic Church and few others.
[Edit] I forgot about the Inquisition.
edit on 5/26/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: nickovthenorth
I'm not religious my self so in my opinion people all over are being killed for someones messed up version of their magical bearded sky man (insert other deity of choice) non of which are likely to be correct.

I am sorry for the poor innocents that have had their lives destroyed by cowards.

Even in these days there are plenty of examples of "atheist nations" committing atrocities against religious people. China still does it.

In the last 100 years from 100-110 million + people have been murdered under the yoke of "atheist" countries, and atheist beliefs. Which is more deaths caused by both World Wars, and other major, or minor conflicts all around the world.

Like i said in China people still get sent to prison, and even murdered for being religious.

Persecution of Christians in China at record high

Of course, the same thing is happening in many other nations, and Christians are not the only religious people being persecuted.

edit on 26-5-2017 by ElectricUniverse because: correct comment.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:26 PM
link   

All of the above.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Sighs. I'll give you a simple historical example: the Crusades vs. Muslims. And do you agree that islam has been waging wars for hundreds of years?

I see, you're plan is to pummel me with stupid until I get tired and give up.

Cherry picking historical events, over simplifying them and then generalizing those "lessons" is how things like racism and bigotry work.

edit on 26-5-2017 by imwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: imwilliam

I've been googling and reading articles to see if you are correct. You are partially correct. All of them say the same thing - it comes down to what you mean by religious. Hitler and his wars were religious for example.

edit on 5/26/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: imwilliam

I see, you're plan is to pummel me with stupid until I get tired and give up.

Ah an ad hominem. It's a sign that you've lost.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   

All of the above.

Then what follows is adulteres are stoned.

Those who offend Muslim sensibilities are attacked or killed.

11-12 year olds are forced to marry.

LGBT rights are denied and they are attacked and vilified.

You cannot allow the illusion of free speech being a panacea that will 'cure' this problem.

However the truth regarding Muslims and Islamic faith needs to be aired so the depth of the problem can be understood.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The Spanish inquisition was started by Queen Isabela. It wasn't starred by three church but a monarch. So shouldn't your argument be that monarchy are bad?? Don't worry most people have been misinformed about Christians and history.

I don't get your point. I think you're looking for an argument where there is none. I never stated Christianity was bad. In fact, it's been the opposite.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Then what follows is adulteres are stoned.

Those who offend Muslim sensibilities are attacked or killed.

11-12 year olds are forced to marry.

LGBT rights are denied and they are attacked and vilified.

You cannot allow the illusion of free speech being a panacea that will 'cure' this problem.

However the truth regarding Muslims and Islamic faith needs to be aired so the depth of the problem can be understood.

I'm not sure what form of logic stipulates stoning comes from free speech, but I wholly disagree. Only through the allowance of unfettered criticism can any society learn from its own mistakes and rectify them.
edit on 26-5-2017 by LesMisanthrope because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Ho hum still waiting actually folks for answers to the questions posted in my post instead of all the My God's Bigger than Yours etc etc

We at ATS are the converted the awakened if you like, its the public at large that need to know the real stories behind sensationalistic headlines. Most people don't even know there ARE Christians in the ME. Why does the media and Governments generally avoid any stories regarding Christian Syrians or Christian Libyans or Christian Egyptians? Have we truly just accepted thats the way it is in the Middle East? Has been for years always will be?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:45 PM
link   

a reply to: eNumbra

So?

Because it fails to distinguish which religion.

So?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Ah an ad hominem. It's a sign that you've lost.

No, not an ad hominem since it was a characterization of what you wrote and not of you yourself. For all I know, you're a genius . . . just talking stupid at the moment. If you're not a genius, don't feel bad, I'm not one either.

Hitler and his wars were religious for example.

Yeah, I don't think you could successfully argue that, but you're welcome to try.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Yeah there are bell ends and scum bags in all walks of life of all creeds, colours and faiths or lack there of have their sick twisted their way or no way types too.

Me personally...i believe in live and let live as long as what you believe in doesn't directly harm or punish someone for not believing what you do then have at it...i do however think that religion should be a personal and private matter practiced and kept at home...you do that then i couldn't give a flying sh*te what you believe but please respect my right to not believe as you do.

edit on 26-5-2017 by nickovthenorth because: i can't spell

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join