It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians Massacred in Egypt

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

From my perspective it's all kinds of extremism that is very worrying. Sure it's worse with Islam in the Middle East and Europe but let's not downplay other kinds of violence and extremism just because they're lesser.

Theocracy, censorship, the subjugation of women, the murdering of gays and apostates, random acts of terrorism—where do these fall on your hierarchy of tyranny?

Yep it's pretty bad. Cancer spreads everywhere and it doesn't care if they're Muslims, Christians or whoever else. Right now it's spreading fast in the Middle East.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   
You know what I would like to see is the Coptic Christians arm themselves and engage in a counter-offensive.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Miracula2
You know what I would like to see is the Coptic Christians arm themselves and engage in a counter-offensive.

I would love to have Trump help them, maybe arm them. If he does he would earn my huge respect.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   

From my perspective it's all kinds of extremism that is very worrying. Sure it's worse with Islam in the Middle East and Europe but let's not downplay other kinds of violence and extremism just because they're lesser.

Theocracy, censorship, the subjugation of women, the murdering of gays and apostates, random acts of terrorism—where do these fall on your hierarchy of tyranny?

Yep it's pretty bad. Cancer spreads everywhere and it doesn't care if they're Muslims, Christians or whoever else. Right now it's spreading fast in the Middle East.

Actually the translation of Islam is "Submission". People who follow that religion should not be dehumanized as "cancer". Dangerous things occur when people are dehumanized.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

They have been doing that in Central Africa for some time. As a result, Christian Militias have resorted to the same atrocity and terrorism against innocents as their oppressors.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Actually the translation of Islam is "Submission". People who follow that religion should not be dehumanized as "cancer". Dangerous things occur when people are dehumanized.

We've had this discussion about submission in Christianity and Islam but anyway...
The cancer is the radical idea, not people. Remember when Richard Dawkins coined the word "meme"? Meme can be cancer spreading bad ideas. And radical Muslims are the ones who "dehumanize" themselves and other people.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

We've had this discussion about submission in Christianity and Islam but anyway...
The cancer is the radical idea, not people. Remember when Richard Dawkins coined the word "meme"? Meme can be cancer spreading bad ideas. And radical Muslims are the ones who "dehumanize" themselves and other people.

Sorry for misunderstanding. I suppose it is a good analogy. However I do not see it as something to be eradicated, but maybe fostered in a different direction. That's why I hold that putting it to the grindstone of free thought, free inquiry, ridicule and criticism is necessary, even if it takes centuries. It worked and still works with Christianity, it essentially killed Communism, and so on.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

What makes it difficult is them (radical Muslims and radical Christians) brainwashing children. That's why I've always considered it child abuse. Perhaps we can start solving that problem to stop the spread of extremism?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: PhyllidaDavenport

I said it before, I will say it again,

Beware of Intolerant people that demand your Tolerance.

The ugliness grows tiresome.
It is really degenerative to have to fight fire with fire.
This kind of filthy behavior against your fellow Humans
will not go unpunished.
Let it be written, let it be done.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

How is Egypt the birthplace of Christianity?

ahh you know,

Hebrew ( so call Slaves in Egypt ) taking Ideas from the Egyptian Religion.
adding it to their Sumerian Abraham Religion then down the Line
to Jesus Christ as Jesus had Made a Game Change ,
well its Claimed MR Yahushua the Christ was there for 2 years as a kid

Flight into Egypt
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:57 AM
link   

I would love to have Trump help them, maybe arm them. If he does he would earn my huge respect.

Wouldn't that be great. But there's many hurdles President Trump would have to clear with the Egyptian government to arm the Coptic Christians.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Wouldn't that be great. But there's many hurdles President Trump would have to clear with the Egyptian government to arm the Coptic Christians.

True. But then again no problem with him arming Saudi Arabia, a known contributor of terrorists.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   

What makes it difficult is them (radical Muslims and radical Christians) brainwashing children. That's why I've always considered it child abuse. Perhaps we can start solving that problem to stop the spread of extremism?

What radical Christians?? You can hate religion but we don't have radicalized Christians terrorizing countries

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

What radical Christians?? You can hate religion but we don't have radicalized Christians terrorizing countries

I believe I've covered that.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   

I heard this discussed on Radio 5, more death and evil against fellow humans, creating misery and suffering and for what?

We as a race need to move forward from such evil, our children should not be living in a less safe world than before.

I currently see a very bleak near future, yet outside the weather is a glorious as ever, its not the planet currently causing our problems or nature showing her strength, its genuine human STUPIDITY

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

a reply to: eNumbra

So?

It's like going to the butcher and asking for meat. It's imprecise.

And while beef may be the butcher's best seller, he still has pork and chicken.

If we must prioritize, we can absolutely prioritize Islamic extremism over the others. The problem still remains the mass ignorance of the wider problem of religious extremism world wide. Places like Burma and Central Africa get little to no coverage because the Bhuddist and Christian extremists aren't 1: killing westerners, 2: they don't have oil. They're absolutely less prominent than the wahabbist movement poisoning the Islamic world, and even the more moderate Islamic theocracies live by rules that the rest of us consider barbaric; but all religious extremism is a problem, and is not limited to Islam.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   

a reply to: eNumbra

All massacres are bad; you asked I answered. I'm not keeping score as to which dogma is worse, they all inspire crazy.

"All massacres are bad". "They all inspire crazy". Your relativism is getting us all killed.

I would like to see even one rebuttal in this thread that was actually on topic and also devoid of the "all religions are bad" dogma. Just one.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:26 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

So would I !!!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I a reply to: Deaf Alien

I was talking their cable news on TV.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: ARM1968

EXACTLY.

PHASE 1 FEW IN NUMBER - OPPRESSED ISLAM

Play the victim
Claim Islamophobia
More Tolerant of Others

PHASE 2 - Large Minority - Indignant Islam

Threatening
Demand Sharia Law
Intolerant of Infidels

Phase 3 - Clear Majority Dominant Islam

Militant
Strict Sharia Law
Kill / Subdue All infidels.

Moderates are irrelevant.

edit on 27-5-2017 by ker2010 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join