It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Assisted Suicide Is Legal In Six States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So you guys are all in favor of the death penalty right?

Please tell me you aren't trying to equate someone in intractable pain who is dying slowly and suffering wishing to end that suffering with the death penalty. These people want to die. It is a decision they make all on their own. It is not a penalty. It is a release. To be able to die at home, surrounded by loved ones, on your own terms rather than suffering needlessly being ravaged by something that you will not survive. Killing people against their will as a punishment for crime is nowhere near the same thing...even the drugs used are not the same.

Before lethal injection, murderers were killed in far more horrific ways than being sedated, paralyzed and subjected to chemically induced cardiac arrest. Do you think that assisted suicide was accomplished at that point by cyanide gas or an electric chair as well? No. Because it's not a punishment. It's a choice, and it's reprehensible to even compare the two.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: tigertatzen

That might be the very first time I've ever agreed with anything you've said.

I've always thought those backhanded compliments can be so charming...if they're delivered properly. It takes practice.
edit on 310011America/ChicagoFri, 26 May 2017 23:00:46 -050031pm31145America/Chicago by tigertatzen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
So you guys are all in favor of the death penalty right?

How is that the same thing???

Assisted suicide is the person choosing to die of their own will.

Death Penalty is the person being sentenced to death whether or not they want to die.

But if the Death Penalty person also chooses to die of their own free will, then that would be the same situation.

I am against the death penalty BTW. But if they want to die, that's their choice.

<< 1   >>

join