It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Corbyn: I am not being unpatriotic questioning UK foreign wars after Manchester attack

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Yes quite, just a pity Corbyn focused on UK foreign policy to explain the actions of scumbags who kill gay people and Yazidis.
edit on 26.5.2017 by grainofsand because: replaced people with scumbags

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Yes quite, just a pity Corbyn focused on UK foreign policy to explain the actions of people who kill gay people and Yazidis.

I really don't think you understand.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: grainofsand

Corbyn is right , you can't light a match then complain when it burns you , Daesh are a direct result of our actions in Iraq just the PC brigade and outraged press pretend it ant so.

Fair play to him.

Agreed. We have friends who were Western expats working in Iraq and Libya. Those countries were bombed back into the stone age so that there would lucrative reconstruction contracts. Remember those workers who found themselves "pressganged" into flying into Iraq to build the USA embassy:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Oh really?
What particular on topic point from my OP are you challenging?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Yes quite, just a pity Corbyn focused on UK foreign policy to explain the actions of scumbags who kill gay people and Yazidis.

maybe just maybe Corbyn focuses on the questions he's asked by The British Brainwashing corporation. Are you denying British foreign policy in the middle is a absolute cluster # and has been the cause of every terrorist attack in the UK since 9/11.?
edit on 26-5-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Did you even read the OP? lol
I even said it in my OP, and followed up with the UK should stay the # out of the middle East.
Now, let's go back on topic, what do you think about my specific points or questions in my OP?

*Edit*
You know, my point about radical Islamists killing gays and Yazidis being nothing to do with UK foreign policy, and Corbyn saying # all about it?
edit on 26.5.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Did you even read the OP? lol
I even said it in my OP, and followed up with the UK should stay the # out of the middle East.
Now, let's go back on topic, what do you think about my specific points or questions in my OP?

*Edit*
You know, my point about radical Islamists killing gays and Yazidis being nothing to do with UK foreign policy, and Corbyn saying # all about it?

In What context was Corbyn asked about radical Islam. What questions were asked, how long was the interview, who was doing the interview, what's their political leanings etc etc etc..? I'm pretty sure he is against anyone killing anyone. I never saw any interview with Corbyn so it's difficult to have an opinion what he said.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

He wasn't asked a question, he was delivering his first election speech after campaigning was suspended due to the Manchester bombing.
See the useful youtube link another member posted on the first page.
He chose the words that came out of his mouth.
No condemnation of scumbags who kill gay people and Yazidis as well as Brits, just explanation of why they attack British people.
You like that then yeah?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
You're essentially creating a strawman argument.

This was about an attack at home...
Foreign policy has influenced (not completely) these attacks...

So he mentioned the failure of foreign policy...

If he was discussing Yazidis & gay people I'm sure foreign policy wouldn't have come into it.

Anyways, look at the fake outrage...

We've (as a majority of Brits) been denouncing foreign policy for a decade or so...
Now a candidate has the actual balls to say it, people want to criticise him.

This is exactly how Trump won, and there is a likelihood that this is exactly how Corbyn can win.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

But that's the thing, I'm not disagreeing with what he said, just questioning what he didn't.
Yazidis and gay people are killed by the same people who kill British people, under the same flag.

Yazidis and gay people being killed is # all to do with UK foreign policy yet that is all Corbyn focused on.
I'm calling it out so tell me why I shouldn't.

*Edit*
To be clear, UK bombs in sandyland did not inspire scumbag Islamic extremists to kill gay people or Yazidis.

edit on 26.5.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The answer is there are two sides.

Islam is a violent religion. There is no "NEW" testament of love in there...no impetus to change. It's all an "Old Testament" so to speak.

We create radicals and terrorists when we bomb them. Most people don't seem to understand this second concept. Think of it this way. You're poor, bad economy, education system sucks, don't know how to read and a bomb comes down killing your wife and young children. You would absolutely seek revenge. I would daresay you would commit your life to it. You have no reason not to be a muslin you were born into that religion. You don't know any different. You would commit to killing as many western infidels as you could.

edit on 26-5-2017 by amazing because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

He wasn't asked a question, he was delivering his first election speech after campaigning was suspended due to the Manchester bombing.
See the useful youtube link another member posted on the first page.
He chose the words that came out of his mouth.
No condemnation of scumbags who kill gay people and Yazidis as well as Brits, just explanation of why they attack British people.
You like that then yeah?

Are you saying Corbyn has never critisised ISIS or Islamic fundamentalism...ever. or is it just this one occasion he failed to mentioned gays and Yazidis that troubles you..??

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Let me try and make this easy for you.

Hitlers motivation was revenge for the humiliation ( or so he thought ) of Germany's defeat after WW I. He wanted dominance of the allies who defeated Germany.

So why did he decided to exterminate Jews, Gays, Gipsies.The Mentally ill etc. ?

These where a side issue to his main cause for war. Madmen do these things.

Let us also not forget that many of those European countries he invaded, some of their own population joined The Nazi cause, and fought against their own countrymen.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Why does ISIS kill Yazidis when they had nothing to do with any bombing in the middle East?
Why does ISIS kill gay people who had nothing to do with bombing in the middle East?
Why do British Muslims attack British people when they have not been personally injured by UK bombs and neither have their families?

I thought I would attempt to answer the questions you pose in your original post since you obviously do not want people to have an open (and frankly, well thought out) discussion about the topic. Maybe if I respond directly to those questions you will be more willing to consider the wider picture

1. Killing Yazidis - they see Yazidis as a perversion of the Islamic religion. Just like Catholics and protestants have murdered and tortured each other for centuries for essentially following off shoots of the same religion. Ancient grudges tend to never fully die out. Just ask suporters of any two rival football clubs.

2. They kill Gays because they are Gay - if you think that Isis are the only ones who are doing this then you really need to take a wider look at the world.

3. Why does any British soldier join the army to fight for their country around the world even though that country has not done anything to that person or their family personally? People always have, and always will fight for a person, cause, religion or nation that fully believe in. We may have different methods, but what is so different?

Now can we get back to what everyone was talking about - the more pertinent question. Is our foreign policy really to blame for the current situation. You would have to think the answer is yes - can you really think of any Muslim extremist attacks on the west before intervention in Afghanistan in the 1980's? The first Iraq war led to a ramp up in incidents culminating in 9/11 and the cycle of violence since that watershed event has escalated this into a world wide problem. Almost a stealth WW3.

Does that answer your OP and open the topic up for further discussion?
edit on 26/5/2017 by WeAreSound because: (no reason given)

edit on 26/5/2017 by WeAreSound because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Hazardous1408

But that's the thing, I'm not disagreeing with what he said, just questioning what he didn't.
Yazidis and gay people are killed by the same people who kill British people, under the same flag.

Yazidis and gay people being killed is # all to do with UK foreign policy yet that is all Corbyn focused on.
I'm calling it out so tell me why I shouldn't.

You're searching for nits to pick where there is none...

If this was off the back of a Yazidi or Gay person massacre, I'd agree with you 100%.

Fact is we have problems at home to think about right now and that's what he is discussing.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
It's hard to tell whether ISIS is actually driven by the ideology out of faith or it simply provides a convenient vehicle for them to exert fascistic control in the territories they occupy.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: amazing

Read the OP, don't preach against an argument I haven't made.
SMFH

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

No, you are making that argument, tackle my specific posted words, don't make # up or assume different.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:50 PM
link   

WTF has Hitler got to do with the specific points and questions in my OP?
Stay on topoc and pick that apart ffs.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreSound

So you support or excuse them for killing gay people and those who do not follow their faith?
...or no?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join