It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Corbyn: I am not being unpatriotic questioning UK foreign wars after Manchester attack

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK
What happened to the other thread?

Probably deleted because stupid hate filled people couldn't debate properly.

And JC probably understands more about Kabaddi than patriotism.

Agreed. Corbyn is a snivelling slippery weasel in my mind, and not very good at it.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I don't think he did focus on our involvement in the creation of Daesh , I'm still not voting this time but it was a good speech.

Here's the full 15 minute Corbyn speech.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Star for posting it, cheers, I listened to it all myself before posting the thread though.

I'm considering his failure to discuss the wider issue of a problem exclusively the domain of the Islamic community.
Muslims of a particularly vile interpretation of Islam who subscribe to the murder of gay people or those of other faiths are not the result of UK bombs in the middle East.
Do you disagree on that specific point?

...feel free to give your response to my questions in the OP as well.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Muslims of a particularly vile interpretation of Islam who subscribe to the murder of gay people or those of other faiths are not the result of UK bombs in the middle East.

I don't think hating gays or other religions is exclusively a Muslim thing but our invasion of Iraq and Rumsfeld's brilliant idea of sacking the well paid army chiefs are the origins of Daesh , he is right about that even though sometimes the truth hurts.

Corbyn said what he had to say , what he said he said well and without notes unlike certain other leaders.

I'm not a Corbyn supporter but can give credit where due.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

I said murder, not hate, don't belittle murder.
Are you saying all religious faiths are killing gay people at a similar rate?
Are you really saying that?
Nothing to see here, move along?

Must be an MSM conspiracy, they are hiding the stories of Christians, Hindus, and Sikhs murdering gay people or others who do not follow their faith.

Are you Jeremy Corbyn?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Are you Jeremy Corbyn?

If I was then I would be a Corbyn supporter which I'm not.
It seems clear your stated dislike of the man is base for this thread , he denounced terrorism and the terrorist behind the Manchester attack but because he didn't go deeper into the wrongs of Islam for you he's dodging the issue.

Have May or Farron said anything more substantive on the issue or are they too trying to win an election.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

This topic is about Jeremy Corbyn and his speech today, I won't be sidetracked from that.
If you wish to start a thread about the other candidates then please do, I'd probably be interested in commenting there.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   
How does Jeremy explain the other 1400 years of Islam trying to subjugate or kill everyone?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: PepeTalk
How does Jeremy explain the other 1400 years of Islam trying to subjugate or kill everyone?

Good point, but remember the average Muslim has moved on, although a particular brand of radical Islam has not.
That is the real problem with some UK mosques and Imams, yet Corbyn focused only on UK foreign policy.
UK foreign policy did not create a wish for this particular group of people who subscribe to their version of Islam to kill Yazidis and gay people.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I liken my interpretation of the particular version of radical Islam killing people to an imagined situation, where say United Reformed Christians are killing gay people and those of other faiths, while the baptists, Anglicans, and Catholics are not.
Radical Islamists are converting British Muslims but any comment about that from Corbyn...
...crickets

*Edit*
Corbyn is a snivelling apologist weasel in my opinion.
edit on 26.5.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Wiki quote

Corbyn opposed the sending of British troops sent to retake the islands during the Falklands war, instead declaring the war to be a "Tory plot" and condemning the war as a "nauseating waste of lives and money"

My brother fought to reclaim the Falklands, and he thinks Corbyn is a #ing traitor.
I agree.

*Edit*
Come on Corbyn supporters, defend your snivelling king!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

originally posted by: PepeTalk

Good point, but remember the average Muslim has moved on, although a particular brand of radical Islam has not.
That is the real problem with some UK mosques and Imams, yet Corbyn focused only on UK foreign policy.
UK foreign policy did not create a wish for this particular group of people who subscribe to their version of Islam to kill Yazidis and gay people.

Not really, there has not been an Islamic reformation like there was a Christian one. Go to ANY Muslim majority country and try to distribute a Christian Bible and see what happens to you. Not all Muslims will become terrorists bur their religion practically expects it.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: biggilo

There are issues of course, but the average Muslim is not chasing Sharia law or whatever, Muslim women especially.
Maybe no formal Reformation but there is a de facto reform mindset with the average Muslim.
This topic is focused on Jeremy Corbyn though, and how he has (in my opinion) cried about UK foreign policy while shying away from any mention of vile extremism by a particular flavour of Islamic faith.
My argument is that UK foreign policy has # all to do with those people killing gay people and Yazidis.
edit on 26.5.2017 by grainofsand because: Clarity and typo

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Did he follow up by saying:

"I am not blaming the rape victim by pointing out she should not have worn a short skirt and makeup while walking alone at night."

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Did he follow up by saying:

"I am not blaming the rape victim by pointing out she should not have worn a short skirt and makeup while walking alone at night."

I nearly typed that into the OP but I didn't want the sidetrack argument which would result.
I'll leave you to reply to any comments about that specific point.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Lets look at some facts.

Corbyn opposed The War In Iraq from day one
The 7/7 bombings where in part a consequence of The Iraq War,
The fall of Iraq created a power vacuum which allowed the rise of ISIS
With the formation of ISIS, this resulted in hundreds if not thousands of British Muslims being brainwashed and going to The Middle East to fight.
Many of those have returned to The UK to continue their reign of terror.

Tell me where Corbyn is wrong.

We have to look at the root cause on why these Islamic terrorists are doing what they are doing. Corbyn is trying to open the debate so we can put a stop to what is happening.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong

Tell me where Corbyn is wrong.

Why? That isn't the topic. I haven't disagreed with what Corbyn said, just his focus of debate.
Feel free to respond to my specific questions and sentiments in the OP though.

*Edit*
Islamic extremists don't kill gay people and Yazidis because British bombs landed in the middle East.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   
So what's the problem..

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
So what's the problem..

Agreed.
That is not the topic though.
Address my specific points or questions in the OP if you like.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Islamic extremists don't kill gay people and Yazidis because British bombs landed in the middle East.

No they kill because there are many facets to their so called beliefs.

Just like Hitler, he wanted domination of Europe. The Holocaust was an additional facet. All are evil acts.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join