It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Corbyn: I am not being unpatriotic questioning UK foreign wars after Manchester attack

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

See now that actually makes a modicum of sense to me, you get your say even i you are the only person that knows it.

Look at it this way if everyone of us done that "They" would be well perturbed.

Don't know how much it would effect there power base all the same.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

The local council employee earning a bit of overtime at the count would know as well, as they file it in the 'spoiled ballot' box.
I've worked a count for my constituency before, bit boring, but some of the spoiled ballots were fantastic.
I also loved putting them into their own box for storage, maybe TPTB won't read them, but they are filed and not thrown in the bin.

I'm voting for a person on the 8th though, someone who will represent my community better than the prick Conservative who I dislike as a person.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

I would never have gave the Falklands back considering there people wished to remain a British overseas territory. Not many of those about these days.

Tell you this through we could possibly have achieved the same outcome simply by deploying our subs and destroying any and all enemy shipping that came into the area.

Granted it may have taken longer but there would have been far less loss of life, at least from our perspective.

Truth is we were well under equipped at the time to fight such a conflict so far from home but it served Thatchers purpose.
edit on 30-5-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Well conservative persons are rather dislikeable and that's putting it rather mildly.

I think wee Mari Black would make a cracking PM, certainly does not mince her words, but lets face it that's my own pipe dream. LoL

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Sounds a plan that would have prevented many deaths of UK armed forces, but how many Argentinian service people would have died before Argentina changed its policy?

True about the under equipped thing, we were fitting US missiles to RN ships on the way, training sailors the new system.
You know Thatcher supported Pinochet because Chile was the only country who gave us RADAR coverage in the region.
Politics is dirty as # for sure, but Corbyn was condemning the British military action while advocating shared sovereignty with Argentina.
I don't want such a bloke as leader of the UK.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:20 PM
link   

"Sounds a plan that would have prevented many deaths of UK armed forces, but how many Argentinian service people would have died before Argentina changed its policy?"

To many but lets face it war is hell, your in it to win it by any and all means necessary generally whist attempting to keep the amount of casualties to you own side down to the minimum.

I don't think Argentinian would have remained in the fight should we have decimated 90% of there naval power which is pretty much what would have happened given our subs capabilities compared to theirs.

"True about the under equipped thing, we were fitting US missiles to RN ships on the way, training sailors the new system."

Without those Sidewinder missiles we most lightly would have lost air superiority and hence the air war in no time sharp.

"You know Thatcher supported Pinochet because Chile was the only country who gave us RADAR coverage in the region.
Politics is dirty as # for sure, but Corbyn was condemning the British military action while advocating shared sovereignty with Argentina."

True but Pinochet pretty much gave her an early Christmas present when he started the Falkland conflict.

Certainly took some of the attentions away from what was happening at home regarding the strikes, miners and smashing of the trade unions afterwards by way of her approval rating regarding the conflict in question.

"I don't want such a bloke as leader of the UK."

But that essentially means Zelda the Terrorhawk will win the day! There can be no other realistic outcome that i can see.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
But that essentially means Zelda the Terrorhawk will win the day! There can be no other realistic outcome that i can see.

Hahaha! Zelda!
Are you like early 40's same as me lol?

I agree, but I want the Terrorhawk fighting the EU, not the limp rag Corbyn.
As I said, I'm voting for a lib-dem candidate who I know and respect in my constituency, I want him nipping at Zelda's heels like a terrier in Parliament.
Like it or not, May and her alpha-male-Thatcheristic style is the strongest right now to negotiate with the EU.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Aye, ile be 42 this July, how time flies when you are having fun.

I would rather remain part of the EU to be honest and attempt to fix the problems.

Seems to me our grandparents engaged in 2 world wars where countless millions perished to facilitate the construction of a united Europe which should have enabled there respective nations to prosper for the next 1000 years.

Now less than 25 years later said union is falling apart simply because of mismanagement and belligerent neglect. Plus some of the nation states that we allowed to enter should never have been considered considering there state of affairs, places like Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Terrorhawks was on after school, and now you mention it she does remind me of Zelda haha!
We're going way off topic though so perhaps it would be better for me to say I'd prefer Zelda fighting any outside terrorist force than Corbyn.

Let's wait for the Brexit threads to go there, I'll amaze you, I voted leave but a massive percentage of my social circles are EU nationals, one a bio scientist working for the environment agency, from that impoverished backwater Slovakia.
I would fight police for them, the UK doesn't have enough tasers, they are safe regardless of what Zelda may wish.
3 million EU nationals with at least say 5 UK friends, it ain't happening.
But let's go there in the next Brexit thread.

Corbyn is a snivelling limp rag who would sell us out for peace, be that against terrorism or geo-politics.

edit on 30.5.2017 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Spitting image really.

Speaking of which do you remember that show? Class in a glass if i recall correctly.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Bahaha!

Yes I watched it after school on our single TV with 4 channels lol.

...on-topic I'd still prefer Zelda fighting external terrorist or nation state forces than the limp rag apologist Corbyn.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Don't really matter who's fighting in our Euro corner considering it will all end in tears. Brexit will cripple this nation for the next few decades, and that's being optimistic.

And no deal is exactly what it says on the tin. Bad deal, new deal, drug deal, we need a deal!

End of the day poverty will increase, the gaps between the haves and the have not's of our society will only get wider. Social care and our national health service will probobly go the way of the dinosaur but we will still have Trident, so there that.

It's our weans and our weans, weans, that will pay the ultimate price regarding Brexit. By which time Mrs May will be long gone and probobly getting bummed by Satan himself, if there is any justice to be had.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Again that's for the next Brexit thread, let's shy back to the topic of my opinion that Corbyn is a limp rag who would be crap defending Britain from terrorists, and criticising his weasle attempt to gain political capital out of blaming UK government policy.

Zelda would be stronger fighting terrorists in my opinion, and is less of a weasel.
edit on 30.5.2017 by grainofsand because: Clarity and typo

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:25 PM
link   

If you ask me that should be our armed and security forces departments that tackle the terrorist issue.

Because the politicians are inept regarding the problem and pretty much responsible for there inception in the first place, and yes also the dodgy Iman's and not to mention the multitude of other reasons for them being on our soil.

After all you use the proper tool for the proper job else all you generally achieve is to make matters worse.

Politics might be war, but war is not politics.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Agreed, but the leader of the UK government dictates policy, not operational tactics on the ground.
I think Corbyn would be weaker than Zelda creating policy tackling terrorists, or even any other external force threatening Britain.
#votezelda

edit on 30.5.2017 by grainofsand because: Clarity

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Somehow i imagine policy is decided a little bit further up the chain of command than who we perceive to dictate said policy.

Follow the monies find the real masters.

I get it buddy you think May will be weaker the Corbyn.

Suppose the only way to resolve the issue would be to get them in the ring and let them smack the living crap out of each other to see who's left standing at the end.

Now that event i would pay cash monies to see!

But i digress and drift of topic once more, my bad.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

On topic, government sets policy, but with a caveat that there are people higher up in the food chain that influence decisions at a level higher than national government.

Off topic, the fight I'd pay money for would be Zelda/May V Merkel, that would be fantastic, and my money would be on May for her longer reach and possibly more stamina than fat Merkel.

*Edit*
I'm imagining a fantastic fight where Zelda/May is jabbing Merkel relentlessly to the floor but she has to be careful to look out for Merkels strong right hook...potential knockout there.
edit on 30.5.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Swings and roundabouts really.

The real power resides with the ones that wield it.

"They" might not dictate policy but they do indeed influence our society from behind that magic curtain that only money can provide.

I think we should give the bastards weapons if we are going to make them fight, more blood, more retribution. Plus scars are cool. LoL

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
I think we should give the bastards weapons if we are going to make them fight, more blood, more retribution. Plus scars are cool. LoL

I'm not too sure about that, blood and retribution sounds a bit horrid.
I'd support Zelda/May employing more Muslims in the security and intelligence services, infiltrating problem UK mosques, arresting traitor Imams and all their supporters.
Corbyn would be a limp rag and would advocate shared sovereignty of our streets as he did for the Falklands.
He just whines about UK foreign policy for cheap political points, no way I'd trust him to defend my family, I'd punch the snivelling # out of my way.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

To be honest with you i would not trust anyone other than myself to defend my family, kind of part and package of the deal.

All politicians whine and grown about a multitude of crap, it's there bread and butter really.

I would never hit a woman, but i would quite happily break that Zelda May's snibb in two shakes of a Lambs tail, and not feel that slightest bit of remorse, considering her austerity preaching belligerent hate filled rhetoric towards a significant percentage of the British people which spews forth from her puss.

Edit: Do you not think its weird that we seem to have substituted them fighting each other to us fighting them?

That's got to be saying something, somewhere, on some level deep down. LoL

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join