It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Corbyn: I am not being unpatriotic questioning UK foreign wars after Manchester attack

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

I think the main point is that ISIS need to go, from our own shores, and from everywhere else they choose to commit terrorist acts, how we achieve such however remains to be seen.

Possibly worth keeping in mind that homosexuality was considered a crime in our own nation right up until The Sexual Offences Act 1967 decriminalized it somewhat. Even worse north of the border, think it was 1981 before homosexuality was considered legal in Scotland.

There ideology stinks to high heaven, but people in glass houses and all that jazz.

End of the day where ever the fault may lie, they need to be destroyed or there way of thinking dramatically changed.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

I think the main point is that ISIS need to go, from our own shores, and from everywhere else they choose to commit terrorist acts, how we achieve such however remains to be seen.

I think an equally important point which you and Corbyn sidetrack is that the traitor Imams in some mosques facilitating ISI/Daesh need to be rooted out and either locked up or deported.
Simply changing UK foreign policy will not change a vile ideology which kills gay people and non believers.
It is a specific problem in the UK Islamic community and must be addressed before anything will change.

Possibly worth keeping in mind that homosexuality was considered a crime in our own nation right up until The Sexual Offences Act 1967 decriminalized it somewhat. Even worse north of the border, think it was 1981 before homosexuality was considered legal in Scotland.

UK policy is not to kill and torture gay people, the UK has evolved but these savages have not.
Start a thread about previous unjust UK laws regarding homosexuality if you like, I may contribute.
It is not the topic here though, it is another sidetrack.

There ideology stinks to high heaven, but people in glass houses and all that jazz.

Who are you claiming is in a glass house throwing stones?
People like me who don't stone gay people to death?

End of the day where ever the fault may lie, they need to be destroyed or there way of thinking dramatically changed.

Yes, and it needs to be rooted out of problem mosques in the UK, while locking up traitor Imams and others in the Islamic community who facilitate their vile actions.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

I don't stone gay people ether but i can recognize the hypocritical nature of the ideologies displayed by both them(ISIS) and us, both past and present.

I would take Corbyn over May any day of the week to be honest, over privileged austerity preaching Terrorhawk that she is, but that's just my own view.

Who stole the Jam our your doughnut the day?

As you seem to be somewhat perturbed over a matter that has been transpiring one way or the other for sometime now.
edit on 30-5-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Where is the hypocricy?
Muslims of a particularly vile form of Islam torture and kill gay people or non believers.
These Muslims are facilitated by traitor Imams and problem mosques in the UK.

If the UK withdrew completely from the middle East and instead pumped billions in humanitarian aid there, these same savages would still torture and kill gay people.

Your comments regarding my intentions and style of debate in this thread I shall just dismiss as irrelevant and off-topic.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The hypocrisy both past and present is self evident.

"If the UK withdrew completely from the middle East and instead pumped billions in humanitarian aid there, these same savages would still torture and kill gay people."

Very true, but they would be there own gay people, in there own lands, and unfortunately what happens to them there is none of our business.

Plus i think we all know why we are so interested in the middle east and it has very little to do with Gay rights or a bringing a democratic form of rule.

"Your comments regarding my intentions and style of debate in this thread I shall just dismiss as irrelevant and off-topic."

And that's your opinion, but where have i questioned you intentions? Just pointing out that your "style of debate" seems to be somewhat rather more aggressive than usual.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

The fact that homosexuality was illegal previously is irrelevant to the fact that followers of a certain vile interpretation of Islam torture and kill gay people today.

It will remain our business so long as British Muslims are facilitated by a network of support from traitor Imams and problem mosques. British people who are prepared to fly out there to kill gay people and non believers who are not British.

Oil is of course the only reason UK/US have ever been involved in the middle East. Again, start your own thread about that I may contribute.
I'm bashing Corbyn in this thread.

My style of debate is irrelevant, argue my words not your imagined perception of my emotional state.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:43 PM
link   

The fact that we chose to condemn a religion for something we considered ourselves to be illegal less than 50 years ago seems rather relevant to me. Also we did indeed institute a form of torture against gays via imprisonment and ostracization in our society.

It's none of our business, nether is anything else that happens in a nation that has different laws and/or religious practice.

I don't think i need to start a thread pertaining to Oil or why we are in the Middle East as it has been done to death before, rather a few times.

As to your style of debate, i suppose that's your own look out.

I don't agree with all your words on this occasion hence i offer up my own opinion. That's kind of what we do round these here parts, is it not?

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The fact that we chose to condemn a religion for something we considered ourselves to be illegal less than 50 years ago seems rather relevant to me. Also we did indeed institute a form of torture against gays via imprisonment and ostracization in our society.

Are you comparing previous UK homosexuality laws and punishment to a belief system which advocates stoning gay people to death, dragging through streets behind a truck, throwing from tall buildings by savage mobs etc?

It's none of our business, nether is anything else that happens in a nation that has different laws and/or religious practice.

It is completely our business when British Muslims are flying out to kill foreign gay people and non believers.
Even more so when a section of the UK Islamic community is indoctrinating/facilitating their actions through a network of traitor Imams and problem mosques.

I don't think i need to start a thread pertaining to Oil or why we are in the Middle East as it has been done to death before, rather a few times.

Yeah, I wasn't interested in debating that either.

As to your style of debate, i suppose that's your own look out.

Depends on my mood, but start a controversial thread yourself and feel the venom dripping from some replies, this was never going to be a friend making thread, but I ain't here for that, just interesting, stimulating and robust debate.

I don't agree with all your words on this occasion hence i offer up my own opinion. That's kind of what we do round these here parts, is it not?

Yep absolutely, and when you stick to my posted words instead of sidetracking I enjoy it.
I love different opinion or there would be no debate, it would be boring, which is why I never whine about different opinion in itself.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   

"Are you comparing previous UK homosexuality laws and punishment to a belief system which advocates stoning gay people to death, dragging through streets behind a truck, throwing from tall buildings by savage mobs etc?"

I sure am considering the treatment we have perpitrated toward numerous different people, races and religious orientations throughout recorded history.

"It is completely our business when British Muslims are flying out to kill foreign gay people and non believers.
Even more so when a section of the UK Islamic community is indoctrinating/facilitating their actions through a network of traitor Imams and problem mosques."

Don't let them back in, problem solved.

"Yeah, I wasn't interested in debating that either."

Yes like i said it has somewhat been done to death.

"Depends on my mood, but start a controversial thread yourself and feel the venom dripping from some replies, this was never going to be a friend making thread, but I ain't here for that, just interesting, stimulating and robust debate."

Suppose there is some truth to the above, but you don't need to rise to the bait all the same. I hope my words were not interpreted as "venom dripping" as that was not my intention.

"Yep absolutely, and when you stick to my posted words instead of sidetracking I enjoy it.
I love different opinion or there would be no debate, it would be boring, which is why I never whine about different opinion in itself."

Well i suppose good debate is what we make it.

Opinions are obviously going to vary, widely with regards to the subject in question.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Don't let them back in, problem solved.

Hardly, the recruiters and facilitators just indocrinate more British Muslims.
Infiltrating problem mosques, arresting the traitor Imams, then arresting all those involved in the support network for the vile ideology has to be included in any plan to defeat the issue.
A vile ideology of savages which existed long before the Labour government bombed Iraq illegally.

*Edit*
And sorry, should have said I of course didn't mean you regarding venom lol, I enjoy the mental stimulation debating you.
It's the ones who think they're on facebook are the mild distracting annoyance. They can be amusing though to briefly play with sometimes.
edit on 30.5.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Don't let them back in, and also address the problems you have outlined above in a meaningful and aggressive manner, problem solved.

Some people consider our own ideologies to contain a modicum of savagery no matter how we try to disguise them by way of democracy and freedom, none of which really exist, or ever have really existed.

Freedom just like safety is illusory and to be honest ones not exactly synonymous with the other.

"And sorry, should have said I of course didn't mean you regarding venom lol, I enjoy the mental stimulation debating you."

No harm no foul mate, i enjoy debating with you also.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

See if Corbyn had said something like that I'd have agreed with him.
I imagine if any main political party leader said something like I posted:

Infiltrating problem mosques, arresting the traitor Imams, then arresting all those involved in the support network for the vile ideology has to be included in any plan to defeat the issue.

Then twitter and facebook would go into meltdown and a massive section of MSM would crucify them.
They all have to be weasel worded at times, I just see Corbyn as the Weasel Master General.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Actions speak louder than words through.

Fact is these ISIS mob need to be destroyed or at least severely curtailed.

Should not be any debate as to arresting all those involved with ISIS or there support network in the UK.

It should have been done long ago!

One has to wonder how we can for all intents and purposes invade the Middle East at our leisure illegally yet cannot seem to round up and/or address these ISIS scum in our own towns and cities?

Fact of the matter is our security services know who they are hence the lists and other evidence to suggest such. They should dam well be doing something about them other than just gathering and disseminating information.

Because 16 arrests just don't cut the mustard IMHO.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I think Theresa May is more likely to do anything practical than Jeremy Corbyn.
He is desperately walking the politically correct tightrope so he can't take the risks in statements that May can.
He's only leader because the overwhelming majority of members who voted for him are the same who would go into meltdown on twitter or facebook.

Just for a laugh, quickly Google "Jeremy Corbyn problem mosques" then "Theresa May Probem mosques" and compare the difference.
Use any search engine, it's interesting.

I guess this is ATS though so it must be a digital conspiracy lol

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Mmmmm digital conspiracy!

They go well with waffles don't they.

I don't like Mrs May reminds me to much of Thatcher. Don't like the Tory's ether if im honest they seem evil and not exactly ready to serve the cause of the everyday common Man if you ask me.

Then again i don't like Labour, the Lib Dems or SNP for that matter, end of the day the notion of the democratic process is broken beyond repair in this nation. A simple sham and nothing more than window dressing for the masses.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Fried eggs are better on waffles in my opinion

Who ya gonna vote for then?
I'm voting Lib-dem because I know the cantidate personally and professionally. Fantastic hard working constituent MP with a fantastic voting record in the house of commons. Labour vote is like voting Greens here, ain't gonna happen.
The Lib-dem candidate is the only possibility of keeping the current Conservative MP out. A prize prick who I've argued like # with many times, in person, public (face to face) forum, and on Twitter.

Last when the vote in the house was about bombing Syria and I called a warmonger with blood that is not on my hands.

*Edit*
I want May to lead the nation in current international negotiations, but I want my local Lib-Dem candidate representing me nipping away at her heels in the commons. Nice compromise for me.
edit on 30.5.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

I like some syrup and schoosh cream on my waffles.

Last time i voted was on the Scottish referendum, and that did not turn out to well depending on ones point of view of course.

So i think i will just leave it this time, as im obviously a bit of a jinx.

Ether way Brexit is on the cards, things are going to cost more and our national health service will remain servery underfunded whist we still willingly pay for the likes of Trident.

What happened to the Monster Raving Loony party? They always seemed the most sensible choice to me.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Spoil your balot paper with a handwritten message with your own pen.
It won't count of course but you will have at least made your personal statement to the state.
I have done that before, if there is no choice then they (the state) will never avoid the opinionated comments from the prick also known as grainofsand.
Don't care if the state even notices, I know.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:36 PM
link   
One of the hallmarks of Liberalism is the whole "It's not you, it's me" mentality, in which all of the real causes of history are white people and white people's issues. Functionally denigrating non-Europeans as the indirect object, while white people are THE subject of history's sentence.

So it has to really be something "we' did, some policy "we" implemented, and the non-Europeans are merely reacting, a-morally, to our heroic, vile, or otherwise important acts.

It's fundamentally narcissistic to believe that only YOU can cause history.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 02:41 PM
link   
a reply to: redempsh

Yes, and the guy in my OP, Jeremy Corbyn, who wishes to be the next prime minister of the UK, has serious previous form with failing to condemn terrorists while whining that government policy is to blame.
IRA, Palestine, he has no shame. He even condemned the UK taking back the Falklands, instead calling for ceding sovereignty to Argentina.
He is a weak, sniveling weasel.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join