It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Corbyn: I am not being unpatriotic questioning UK foreign wars after Manchester attack

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand
a reply to: Justoneman

Agreed, Trump at least calls it for what it is, clumsily sometimes, but bluntly and without being a sniveling weasly worded # like Jeremy Corybyn is here in the UK.
The ideology is vile, the Imams and mosques supporting the ideology are equally vile, and as you implied, they'll kill us just for having a different faith, regardless of UK/US foreign policy.

Strange how the Yazidiz and Assyrian Christians of Iraq are not murdering Western people. It was their country the UK/US bombed as well but they don't call for our death or throw gay people off buildings.
It is the vile ideology followed by savages that is to blame, and Corbyn was too chicken # to call out the elephant in the room.

And if they keep dancing the PC dance, inviting in the evil over the good we WILL get more and more. I truly hope this isn't about destroying society so a select few can run it from bunkers like in some Apolitical movie.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

I think it's just about snivelling politicians not having the balls to call the vile ideology out for what it is, a bunch of murderous savages who will kill us regardless of UK/US foreign policy, and simply for being gay or non believers.
The wider Islamic community needs calling out as well for providing the support network through some vile Imams and mosques.
Trump at least calls it what it is, Jeremy Corbyn just wrings his hands like a limp politically correct rag.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

I think it's just about snivelling politicians not having the balls to call the vile ideology out for what it is, a bunch of murderous savages who will kill us regardless of UK/US foreign policy, and simply for being gay or non believers.
The wider Islamic community needs calling out as well for providing the support network through some vile Imams and mosques.
Trump at least calls it what it is, Jeremy Corbyn just wrings his hands like a limp politically correct rag.

I want to add that on a good note for the future of England:

Across the Pond, we got to see a group on our news from the Mosques gather to loudly condemn the attacker and his help in Manchester. Praise the news media (wow that sounds so rare now) and the people of those Mosques for doing that!!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Absolutely, the scum are a tiny percentage of the millions of Muslims in the UK, but there is a problem with some Imams and mosques which the MSM and many politicians are too chicken # to address publicly because it is politically incorrect to do so.
Some Islamic leaders have made statements and get shouted down by their community, even this thread the amount of British handwringers is shameful.
Blaming UK/US foreign policy on an ideology which kills gay people and non believers.
#ing ridiculous. Blame the savages who follow such a vile ideology.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

Essentially Corbyn's position doesn't reflect the narrative you believe.

Tough!

Everything he has said regards the roots of what happen in Manchester are correct.

Have you not noticed how we no longer use the term Al Qaeda any more only ISIS.

Everyone had a price, ISIS and those of their ilk (terrorist extremists) there is something they want to achieve.

I don't believe it is assimilate or die, I think for many there is a genuine basis for why they have become so twisted.

Negotiation is the only way forward, it was the path to end the IRA violence and it is the only path for the resolution of ISIS.

Think back to the early 90's when the Berlin wall fell, everyone felt far more secure, then the bush folks came, 9/11 the axis of evil and all of a sudden hope is replace by fear.

All this fear has done is feed into making a minority in this world richer and more powerful.

In reality I don't think the western governments of this world are actually bothered about resolving the conflict, people like Tereasa May need the conflict to continue, to support their "Strong and stable" rhetoric and keep the masses feeling insecure.

Should there be death or injury to citizens, they just chalk it up to collateral damage.

The Muslim faith at its core is a religion of enlightenment and peace, as are they all, some believe some don't, some twist its teachings for gain in one way or another, yet this is true of all religions.

There are those on this earth form whom it suits for the world to remain in perpetual turmoil...these are the people who stand to loose the most if justice were to prevail.

It all boils down to personal self interest of the rich.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

Negotiation?! LMFAO!
How do you negotiate with savages who kill gay people or those who simply follow a different brand of Islam?
You gotta be #ing kidding yeah?
You blaming UK/US foreign policy for gay people being murdered as well?
You sound as weak as snivelling Corbyn.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: solargeddon

The IRA didn't want everyone to be Irish though. They wanted the 6 counties to be joined to Eire. Short of that they wanted greater autonomy from England and guarantees against an extreme unionist government in Stormont.

IS want a global caliphate based on their fave flavour of Islam, nothing else.

Negotiating with that is idiotic. Futile even.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: solargeddon

I don't believe it is assimilate or dieasis for why they have become so twisted.

Negotiation is the only way forwardolence and it is the only path for the resolution of ISIS.

It all boils down to personal self interest of the rich.

Keep believing this while ISIS grows among you and see how that works out.

The demented version of the Koran that ISIS follows says assimilate or die like Star Trek's Borg.

The negotiation with known terrorists has been proven to be a waste of time. China took a bunch holing up in a cave in W. China and sent in flamethrowers. While that is just as sick and I DO think that the atheist leadership in China are willingly killing off all religions, at least the idiot haters of all things not Islam are everyone dead, everyone. Eliminate the gene pool the Chinese decided to do and if you grow a beard they will arrest you over there too.

I will concede to you that personal interest of the mega rich, not the ones you see necessarily, are not only a personal interest but a diabolical plot.

Being insensitive to little girls is what your first two line I quoted from your post mean in reality. We have to protect the innocent and those two lines FAIL miserably.
edit on 29-5-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Yeah, I'd negotiate with an IRA leader any day before an ISIS/Daesh savage.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

a reply to: SprocketUK

Yeah, I'd negotiate with an IRA leader any day before an ISIS/Daesh savage.

Hey my wife is Irish decent! So, we have to at least try to work something out AFTER they hand over the criminals. I think the UK did work it out didn't they and some of the terrorists at least were brought to justice?

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   

We compromised.
Wasn't perfect but it brought peace of sorts.
How do we compromise with an ideology which advocates killing gay people and folk with differing faith?
Negotiation calls are ridiculous while they'll kill anyone who doesn't follow their religious ideology.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Snivelling Corbyn has previous form as well regarding terrorists:
UK Telegraph Newspaper

Jeremy Corbyn blamed one of the IRA’s most notorious bombings on Britain’s “occupation” of Northern Ireland, The Sunday Telegraph can reveal. The Labour leader signed a parliamentary motion just weeks after the 1987 Enniskillen Poppy Day massacre pointing the finger at the UK government.

The bomb, which ripped through a crowd attending a Remembrance Sunday ceremony, killed 11 people and left another 68 injured. The early day motion expressed “horror” at the attack but said violence in Northern Ireland “stems primarily from the long-standing British occupation”.

The weasel worded # just cannot bring himself to focusing on the scum terrorist ideology, no matter who the enemy is. The same Corbyn who condemned the UK for reclaiming the Falklands, instead advocating ceding sovereignty to Argentina.
He is a prize # and would be the weakest Prime Minister ever if he were to win the election on June 8th.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I have followed this thread for two days now.

You say you want a discussion - but are only prepared to discuss with those that agree with every superficial point you make. Anytime anybody disagrees with any element you attack them,

Extremist ideology - bad. Yes we all agree with this. Who wouldn't. Yes this ideology isn't caused by us. Yes there are some that spread this ideology in this country (though again - no evidence of this before the interventionist policies you are so quick to dismiss in your 'arguments'). So there - I'm agreeing with you.

As an above poster pointed out Corbin condemned this. All other politicians have done the same. He is the one that has also pointed out some home truths that others are not willing to do. Ironically similar to, but in a much more measured and thoughtful way, that Trump has done (and your praise of him reveals a lot).

This thread is now obviously about Corbin bashing, and not about discussing the problems we face - you repeatedly attack him for what he has said, but have offered no alternative or way forward for our society. Are you prepared to do that? Or are you going to just keep on telling us that we must face the fact that extremism is evil (which we all know) and anybody that tries to give a measured reason to why it now affects us is a snivelling weasle. Should we just stay 'strong and stable' continuing with the same policies and on the same path that has led us here, or do we take a look at how we deal with the situation and try to do something different?

You say no hope of negotiating (which incidentally I agree with), but do not say how it must be dealt with. Let us see whether you have any original thought, or whether you are just using this dreadful situation to let out your hatred for one man, and can actually cope with a real discussion; or just come here to let people agree with you to boost your own ego.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreSound

You say you want a discussion - but are only prepared to discuss with those that agree with every superficial point you make. Anytime anybody disagrees with any element you attack them,

Mud pit.
Go back to the sand pit instead of whining about my style of debate in this thread?

Extremist ideology - bad. Yes we all agree with this. Who wouldn't. Yes this ideology isn't caused by us. Yes there are some that spread this ideology in this country (though again - no evidence of this before the interventionist policies you are so quick to dismiss in your 'arguments'). So there - I'm agreeing with you.

Cool, pity Corbyn didn't say anything like that.
Stand for Labour leader and I'd say your contribution would be an improvement.

As an above poster pointed out Corbin condemned this. All other politicians have done the same. He is the one that has also pointed out some home truths that others are not willing to do. Ironically similar to, but in a much more measured and thoughtful way, that Trump has done (and your praise of him reveals a lot).

Yes in his snivelling weasly way which sidelines the condemnation of a vile ideology.

This thread is now obviously about Corbin bashing, and not about discussing the problems we face - you repeatedly attack him for what he has said, but have offered no alternative or way forward for our society. Are you prepared to do that? Or are you going to just keep on telling us that we must face the fact that extremism is evil (which we all know) and anybody that tries to give a measured reason to why it now affects us is a snivelling weasle. Should we just stay 'strong and stable' continuing with the same policies and on the same path that has led us here, or do we take a look at how we deal with the situation and try to do something different?

It's the mudpit stop your tears or go to a sand pit and play nice.
My topic is criticising what Corbyn came out with in his first speech after the Manchester bombing.
The slimy #, yes I'll bash him all day.

You say no hope of negotiating (which incidentally I agree with), but do not say how it must be dealt with. Let us see whether you have any original thought, or whether you are just using this dreadful situation to let out your hatred for one man, and can actually cope with a real discussion; or just come here to let people agree with you to boost your own ego.

Start a thread about solutions if you like, that is not the topic here.
I'm criticising Corbyn for making cheap political points and blaming UK/US foreign policy for an ideology which advocates killing gay people and non believers.
Argue that, don't whine.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreSound

Ok then, why can't you keep it to this idea?

Did ISIS kill gays because of the west? That is what he has said about a dozen times and is why I jumped in.

I Don't know this Corbyn guy and don't pretend to understand the politics going on but I understand people hurting other people because they exist is evil.

For one thing, as a child, I was abused by people for being the "new kid" because we moved around as my Father was climbing the ladder, and falling like happens from time to time. We were poor, middle class rich, poor, and middle class and in order to climb back from poor, it required a move. I was a Christian and wouldn't fight back. My friends were besides themselves with fear for me. BUT one day I DID stand up to a bully even though I was a runt at the time. The whole school was excited because that bully was hurting people and I got one in on him and he tried to kill me, I ran. It was a High School Football Linebacker twice my size and a physical beast of a man/child (American style) and the other players, even the whole school, rallied around me, the runt. It changed the way people treated each other in that school. I was voted "best school spirit" my Sr year, the Air Force gave me a scholly because I was an athlete with a super GPA and the right size to fly a jet *(which my Dad refused to sign). In the end I became a Environmental Chemist and live a better life like my Father dreamed for me back then.

MY whole point is treating people as trash is wrong. Using the Politics to gain off of someones pain like a Corbyn or a Clinton is wrong. We have to address the vileness or this goes on and on.

PEACE to all.
edit on 29-5-2017 by Justoneman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I Don't know this Corbyn guy and don't pretend to understand the politics going on but I understanding people hurting other people because they exist.

He is the leader of the main opposition party in the UK (the Labour Party), he could 'potentially' become the next Prime Minister of the UK on June 8th with a coalition deal with the Scottish National Party.
Thankfully it is unlikely that him and the Scottish Nat's are going to win.

...my degree was in Environmental Chemistry as well lol, never used it though, just wanted a degree to prove a point.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

I Don't know this Corbyn guy and don't pretend to understand the politics going on but I understanding people hurting other people because they exist.

He is the leader of the main opposition party in the UK (the Labour Party), he could 'potentially' become the next Prime Minister of the UK on June 8th with a coalition deal with the Scottish National Party.
Thankfully it is unlikely that him and the Scottish Nat's are going to win.

...my degree was in Environmental Chemistry as well lol, never used it though, just wanted a degree to prove a point.

Wow, you had the same calling as I.... That we would find a reason to engage in like mindedness from half a planet away is compelling. Wish I knew you, I am sure. My family came to America from Wales and settled in the Carolina/Virginia area then moved west. The "clan" as the Scots might call us, are very much kind hearted people who will stand up for the innocent and fight for people's freedoms when we have to do so.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Lol, I was born and raised in South Wales but my Paternal ancestry is Cornwall from a couple of generations back.
I don't even use my surname on facebook, Google me and I'm the only one haha, that's why I prefer to be a grain of sand washing around life's beach.

Corbyn is a prize # though in my mind, and it would be a disaster for the UK if he skanked a tight win in June jumping into bed with the Scottish nationalists to claim government.

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I agree completely that ISIS/Daesh is a contrived organisation funded by nation states. It is a disgrace of course, and if Corbyn was making reference to that I would have agreed. He wasn't though, he was making the classic limp argument that UK foreign policy has influenced people to become terrorists as revenge for the evil British.

I understand where you are coming from. However, I believe Corbyn was making reference to UK foriegn policy and actions without coming right out and detailing all the evils the west has committed out of greed and selfishness that created this cluster-F# of a mess. Politicians in his current position seeking to be elected would alienate a lot of people—primarily the establishment—if he were to out-right spell it out in *detail* all the evils the west has committed to the public.

Of course, many discerning people are very aware of western foriegn policies and its duplicitous methods in maintaining a hegemony for various self-serving interest. More importantly, many people are aware of the human suffering, death, and the destruction of the true currency of life for the innocent civilians caught up in all the f***kery. In all honesty—it is a crime against humanity.

UK foreign policy did not create a mindset where killing gay people is the way forward, or people who believe in the 'wrong' flavour of Islam. The ideology of these vile people is the problem, UK foreign policy is a contributing factor of course, but without that murderous barbaric ideology driving these savages there would be no killings of gays and non believers.

This has nothing really to do with anything in regards to geopolitics or domestic terror campaigns happening in some countries in the west—it's a distorted narrative that distracts from the reality of events taking place in the world.

Also, I disagree with you that UK foriegn policy is contributing factor to this ideology. UK did not create the demented ideology you speak of, nor is it a factor relating to your OP.

What people mistakenly refer to as "radical Islam" is in fact "fundamentalist Islam"—Wahhabism. It is a *political ideology*—not a *religious ideology*. Saudi Arabia is the fountain from where this ideology flows from. The West love to drink from this fountain to quench their geopolitical thirst. The UK and US just put BILLIONS of $$$ more into the Saudi's pockets in a massive arms deal...

Geopolitics is a very sophisticated and messy affair.Not all is what it seems.

Are you familiar with Quilliam ?

www.quilliaminternational.com...

Don't let it fool you. Follow the money and some key figures involved in Quilliam think-tank and you will quickly find out what Corbyn was alluding to...

Your own country is F#king you over and innocent lives of everyday people on all sides are paying the price.

edit on 29-5-2017 by Involutionist because: because my grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

I'm aware of everything you've presented here, but a quick heads up, don't mention the particular flavour of Islam and who funds it if you don't want this thread deleted.
We all know that the UK/US governments are in cahoots with a certain ME state which is the funding root of a particular form of Islam. Heck, we sell them weapons and turn a blind eye to what they use them for.
The problem is the ideology though, sick #s who would kill you just for being gay or a non believer.

If Corbyn had the guts to address that wider issue of a certain ME state then he would have my vote, but the internet would probably have exploded.
He's still a weasel worded # though.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join