It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jeremy Corbyn: I am not being unpatriotic questioning UK foreign wars after Manchester attack

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
UK Telegraph

Mr Corbyn pointed to “the connections between wars our government has supported or fought in other countries and terrorism here at home” in a speech in central London.

He highlighted the link between the UK's involvement in foreign wars and terrorism at home but insisted that "in no way reduces the guilt" of murderers who have targeted people on Britain's streets.

So, Corbyn, who could potentially become the next Prime Minister of the UK, chooses to focus on UK government foreign policy influencing terrorists while making no mention of the murderous ideological ideas radical Islamists follow.

Okay, yep, I agree that many people who have been bombed by 'The West' may wish to join ISIS for revenge, and I absolutely agree that the UK should stay the # out of the middle East, but I have a few questions.

Why does ISIS kill Yazidis when they had nothing to do with any bombing in the middle East?
Why does ISIS kill gay people who had nothing to do with bombing in the middle East?
Why do British Muslims attack British people when they have not been personally injured by UK bombs and neither have their families?

I say it is because they follow a particularly vile version of Islam, and that is an issue equally important (if not more) as British foreign policy.
I say Corbyn hasn't got the guts to face the elephant in the room that these radicalised Muslims will kill anyone who does not follow their ideology.
I say he is being dishonest by failing to recognise that there is a problem with some Imams and Mosques in the UK, instead focusing on UK foreign policy.

Of course, the overwhelming majority of British Muslims are peaceful law abiding citizens, but the problem is one of the Islamic community.

If Corbyn had the guts to face that as well then maybe I wouldn't think he was such a snivelling weasel.

*edit*
And just a shout out, please don't do the general Muslim hatred thing in this thread because I don't want it deleted so I will alert, and the mods are quick here.
Don't clutter the pages up with "Off topic post removed", go to some other website with your bull#.
Thanks in advance

edit on 26.5.2017 by grainofsand because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

They kill the yazidis because they worship melech taus the peacock king, which is essentially the biblical satan but yeah ISIS will kill pretty much anyone for any reason including muslims, they probably kill more muslims than anyone else.

There are definitely issues with specific mosques in the UK. Brixton mosque in particular is absolutely rammed with ex gang members who have fully embraced the nutjobbery and some prisons have wings that are basically recruiting grounds.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Don't like Corbyn at all but I can't find anything in his speech to disagree with.

We created the instability that allowed ISIS to thrive.

Dropping bombs overseas into going to stop a single terrorist attack.

Better funding of our security and police services will.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

Agreed.
When a group targets people just for differing religious beliefs or sexual orientation, it is lame to only focus on UK foreign policy.

I don't want the next Prime Minister of the UK to be someone who is effectively making excuses for barbaric ideology.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
What happened to the other thread?

And JC probably understands more about Kabaddi than patriotism.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Don't like Corbyn at all but I can't find anything in his speech to disagree with.

Oh I didn't say I disagreed with him either.
I'm saying he's a weasel for refraining to also mention that ideology of an extreme form of Islam is to be condemned as well.

There is a problem in the Islamic community, and either way, the Yazidis and gay people didn't bomb the middle East so how does he explain away that?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Agreed.
When a group targets people just for differing religious beliefs or sexual orientation, it is lame to only focus on UK foreign policy.

I don't want the next Prime Minister of the UK to be someone who is effectively making excuses for barbaric ideology.

Show us where he made an excuse for a barbaric ideology?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Corbyn is right , you can't light a match then complain when it burns you , Daesh are a direct result of our actions in Iraq just the PC brigade and outraged press pretend it ant so.

Fair play to him.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Show us where he made an excuse for a barbaric ideology?

He blames ISIS on UK/US foreign policy.
ISIS kills Yazidis and gay people.
Yazidis and gay people didn't bomb the middle East.
British Muslims have joined ISIS and killed people.
Corbyn says the reason is because of UK foreign policy.

It smells like an excuse to me, but perhaps you think differently?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   

We didn't just create the conditions for isis to thrive, we created isis itself as a destabilisation force to set about toppling the middle east and removing those in power we didn't like while being able to pretend our leaders didn't have their grubby hands all over it.

I don't know if the terrorism in the UK is unforseen blowback from a monster that has grown beyond our control or whether they just chalked it up to an acceptable loss in the face of the huge profits they're reaping from it.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Explain Daesh killing Yazidis and gay people then.
You gonna blame that on UK foreign policy?
edit on 26.5.2017 by grainofsand because: Typo

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

He said our foreign policy isn't working. I agree.

He said the blame for the terror attack lies with the terrorist. I agree.

Don't see any excuses being made.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Excellent points, but again you're just focusing on the obvious influence UK foreign policy has had on the creation of the groups.
My questions in the OP are about what Corbyn seems apparently refusing to recognise.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

...while making no mention of the murderous ideological ideas...

Also making no mention of his part in covering up the entrapment scheme that controls many politicians. www.abovetopsecret.com...

He's a spook tool.
edit on 26 5 2017 by Kester because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

I see focusing on the foreign policy link and no mention of tackling extremist ideology as an excuse by omission.
We see it differently so let's move on from that point, maybe give me your answers to my questions in the OP?
I'd be interested.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The West (America mostly) created, funded and armed ISIS.

Trump just handed over a $350 billion dollar deal to the Saudis.

Terrorism has been a tool to push an agenda based off of fear since the seventies and they have been radicalized Muslims the entire time. Never let a crisis go to waste.

Someone is trying to get the UK involved in a war the UK is as of yet reluctant to fight. Terrorism on British soil only serves to push them further into a conflict they have been trying to appease their way out of for decades, now.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: AnonyMason

Again, excellent points

But the problem exists now, and Corbyn completely looks away from the front line issue which is a problem with Muslims becoming radicalised in the UK. That, and the people who radicalise in some Mosques in the UK.
That is a problem, but Corbyn...
...crickets
...crickets

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   

I can't explain anything Daesh do they are beyond my comprehension , they are savages and as such will kill who they please or destroy what they please.

The time of their end approaches.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

I remember that thread.
Golden boy Corbyn, potential next leader of the UK, yet the Labour masses drop to the floor with begging mouths for him.
smfh

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

I can't explain anything Daesh do they are beyond my comprehension , they are savages and as such will kill who they please or destroy what they please.

The time of their end approaches.

Pity the beloved Corbyn didn't say something like that instead of focusing on the link between UK foreign policy and Daesh members wanting revenge.
The reality is that if the same group kill people for believing in different religions, or for being gay, then UK foreign policy has # all to with it.

new topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join