It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Challenge for Christians

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Exactly you can refute nothing so blah blah blah.

Good to know but I knew Paul was a moron who thinks angels ordained the Law and was just going to make a thread about that one bout of outright lying but as I read he just keeps saying the stupidest stuff and I am thinking this is what people think is inspired by God? Lies about His own Law that has nothing to do with angels, which has never been a belief outside of the "Gnostics" who didn't like Paul according to their theology. Of all the Gnostic texts none discuss Paul, two that are short Orthodox prayers and not Gnostic were found with other non Gnostic works, with the Nag Hammadi scriptures. But they are not Gnostic unless it's contagious by contact like a disease. They have no point really. The Gnostic texts are good though.

If Paul says he talks with Jesus p through revelations and gets his Gospel from no man, and he definitely does say it...

Why does he say an idol is nothing so as long as your ​weak brothers are not around to be hurt by it go ahead, eat (read: don't get caught)?

After agreeing not to in Acts per decree of the Holy Spirit through James in Jerusalem?

He lied again to James later about teaching against Moses and the Torah/Law, was told to stop and then is nearly killed and rescued by his Roman Herodian kinsman.

Herod Arche-laus
Herod Acher-Saul

It's code for Herodian Jew, "Other Saul."

Like Benjaminite King Saul but not really Benjaminite, Edomite converts.

When it is condemned by Jesus p to the Ephesians or Smyna as the 'Doctrine of Balaam" the villain of Numbers in the Torah and say he holds it against who is doing it?

He forget to reveal it to Paul? Who isn't named or accounted for, just the 12 Apostles are acknowledged as existing as a revelation that 12 is all there is.

And Paul CAN'T be one. Not of Christ, maybe of Paul's own delusional mind, nobody else thinks so. No Apostles ever call Paul one and Luke says Paul isn't even eligible in the very beginning when Matthias was chosen.

Because it's a redaction to make Simon Magus into Paul but first Saul, and that is why you have a weird story about Simon Magus in Acts that doesn't fit. And neither does Paul.
edit on 1-6-2017 by Disturbinatti because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I believe Romans 7;7-25 explains how the law is like a curse.

The Law and Sin

7 What shall we say, then? Is the law sinful? Certainly not! Nevertheless, I would not have known what sin was had it not been for the law. For I would not have known what coveting really was if the law had not said, “You shall not covet.” 8 But sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, produced in me every kind of coveting. For apart from the law, sin was dead. 9 Once I was alive apart from the law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life and I died. 10 I found that the very commandment that was intended to bring life actually brought death. 11 For sin, seizing the opportunity afforded by the commandment, deceived me, and through the commandment put me to death. 12 So then, the law is holy, and the commandment is holy, righteous and good.

13 Did that which is good, then, become death to me? By no means! Nevertheless, in order that sin might be recognized as sin, it used what is good to bring about my death, so that through the commandment sin might become utterly sinful.

14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!

So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God’s law, but in my sinful nature[d] a slave to the law of sin.

Do you see?
edit on 26-9-2017 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2  3   >>

join