It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Montana Knows Why Early Voting Is Bad

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

If you have something near my face and I indicate to you to move it and you don't, you are a threat.

I say this as a guy who has worked field news. I've always had some respect and decency about the field. I also know plenty of ambush journalists who are just dying to push it and hope they get hit.

I stick with "complicated."

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Just because it's in the New York times doesn't make it a cry from Democrats about the unfairness of early voting.

This was an op-ed written by a Republican.

Tom Nichols (@RadioFreeTom) is a professor of national security affairs at the United States Naval War College and a former Republican aide in the United States Senate. The views here are solely his own.

Early voting benefits everyone... even when your candidate loses.
edit on 5/26/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen
What was the vote split for those cast yesterday? I think body-slamming that twerp reporter helped Gianforte.

link   

originally posted by: Painterz
Unbelievable to hear people defending somebody who assaulted somebody else for no good reason.

Agreed.
Grabbing someone's arm and pulling them to the ground is assault.

That reporter should be arrested!

link   

Whoever counts the votes decides the election. Proven again.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: The GUT

It's not complicated.....

You don't assault someone who isn't physically threatening you , and a person vying for the position he was should be held to a higher standard than a teenager at a hometown football game....

unless he just stepped up to the plate and decided to end this after the douchebag reporter acted like .....a douchebag.

"Tonight, as Greg was giving a separate interview in a private office, The Guardian's Ben Jacobs entered the office without permission, aggressively shoved a recorder in Greg's face, and began asking badgering questions. Jacobs was asked to leave," Gianforte spokesman Shane Scanlon said. He added: "After asking Jacobs to lower the recorder, Jacobs declined. Greg then attempted to grab the phone that was pushed in his face. Jacobs grabbed Greg's wrist, and spun away from Greg, pushing them both to the ground. It's unfortunate that this aggressive behavior from a liberal journalist created this scene at our campaign volunteer BBQ."

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT

If you have something near my face and I indicate to you to move it and you don't, you are a threat.

I say this as a guy who has worked field news. I've always had some respect and decency about the field. I also know plenty of ambush journalists who are just dying to push it and hope they get hit.

I stick with "complicated."

A threat how? It wasn't just "something" it was a microphone he's a reporter....he was also calm and cordial w his questioning....

So no there was no thread, just a temper tantrum by this politician which was not "complicated" it was unnaceptable

I swear all the people I thought were conservative, tolerant, and measured w a strong moral foundation like me, have completely turned a 180 since Trumps run....

You guys are turning out not better than the vitriolic portion of the left we use to challenge just a few short years ago.

It's sad and disturbing, it's like all of you have completely taken on Trumps characteristics and ideals....

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
And for those who think the reporter was "Body Slammed",

That, is a body slam.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude
Badgering questions? He asked 1 question. A question that the politician said he would answer actually after the Information came out

He just didn't want to answer it because he miscalculated the outcome and it didn't look good for him...

Please give me a break.....

Again no excuse to act like this

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

It's become "en vogue" to twist anything a republican does to make it seem much much worse than what actually happened. Kind of like the article stating this guy has "Russian Ties" because of some mutual fund he has.

Maybe he is an aggressive, mean guy who just really hates reporters. But if he was, I would think his opponent would have used that kind of thing in the campaign. Based on the audio of the incident and the first hand accounts of what happened, it kind of looks like the reporter was a dick.

But either way, an apology was offered, and it doesn't seem like the reporter is damaged for life. (He will survive)

What punishment do you think is appropriate here?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

What punishment do you think is appropriate here?

He should get the death penalty for striking a member of the press, obviously.

Mean people, especially Russian-republicans should all die.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Badgering questions? He asked 1 question. A question that the politician said he would answer actually after the Information came out

He just didn't want to answer it because he miscalculated the outcome and it didn't look good for him...

So you think this guy just snapped and Jimmy Snukka'd the poor helpless reporter for no reason at all?
If that was the case, he'd be a real loose cannon and must have a history of this kind of behavior. Where is that at?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Unfortunately I think there are a lot of republican voters that think assaulting people you don't like is a moral/righteous good thing.

It's the christian thing to do...

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That's a good term right there.

Russian Reps.

Russiacans.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Russian Reps.

Russiacans.

Should they form a new party, or just rename the old one?
(at this point, I don't know who hasn't been influenced by........//cue scary music// RUSSIAN VODKA AND CAVIAR!! )

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

So you think this guy just snapped and Jimmy Snukka'd the poor helpless reporter for no reason at all?
If that was the case, he'd be a real loose cannon and must have a history of this kind of behavior. Where is that at?

Jimmy 'SuperFly' Snuka, may he rest in peace.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: kelbtalfenek

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Unfortunately I think there are a lot of republican voters that think assaulting people you don't like is a moral/righteous good thing.

It's the christian thing to do...

What?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Probably because they aren't really conservatives anymore. They are now mostly reactionary thugs. Basically, they are using the old Democrat union playbook here. Their political views resemble those of adolescent boys. The "adults" on the right have apparently left the room.

In today's right-wing, apparently, being asked questions by a reporter is on par with being threatened. That tells me a lot about where they stand today.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

That's a good possibility. The Dems were desperate. I would not put it past them to set this up. How do we know that it was not the reporter who pulled the guy down on top of him?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Russian Reps.

Russiacans.

Seems appropriate with this current bunch on the alt-right.

But I worked with the GOP last pres. campaign and they cringe at Trumps arrogant antics just like normal people.

Gianforte in no stretch of the imagination representing most Republicans. I can't believe I'm defending the RNC....

edit on 26-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join