It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Now Montana Knows Why Early Voting Is Bad

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Now that the Republican Candidate for U.S. Congress has won the Montana special election, we can allow the MSM to focus on one thing that has their goat.

It seems most voters actually voted for the winner before the "incident" with a pesky reporter even happened !!

Democrat campaign committees spent lots of extra money too, after most voters already voted !

Election Madness in Montana !

story from .... wait for it .... The New York Times ..

Would Montanans have voted for Greg Gianforte, the Republican candidate for the state’s lone House seat, if they knew he was the kind of person who body slams journalists? Too bad two-thirds of them will never get to make that call, thanks to early voting.

Campaigns are a test of character. Voters in today’s special election and otherwise should not cast a ballot for a candidate until they see how that person passes this first test of fitness for office. That’s a test that gets increasingly challenging as Election Day approaches. If you doubt that, listen to the tape of Mr. Gianforte assaulting Ben Jacobs, a reporter for The Guardian, in response to a question about the Republican health care bill.

Two of the state’s newspapers — both of whom endorsed Mr. Gianforte — retracted their endorsements in the last 24 hours. Early voters in Montana didn’t have the same luxury — the state doesn’t allow early voters to change their minds. While some states do allow such changes, few take advantage of the opportunity since the process is so cumbersome.

edit on May-26-2017 by xuenchen because: crawcoileffect

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Unfortunately I think there are a lot of republican voters that think assaulting people you don't like is a moral/righteous good thing.

+15 more 
posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Unfortunately I think there are a lot of republican voters that think assaulting people you don't like is a moral/righteous good thing.

Like black lives matter??

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Nothing like BLM.

+14 more 
posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Like in Berkeley?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Now that the Republican Candidate for U.S. Congress has won the Montana special election, we can allow the MSM to focus on one thing that has their goat.

It seems most voters actually voted for the winner before the "incident" with a pesky reporter even happened !!

Democrat campaign committees spent lots of extra money too, after most voters already voted !

Election Madness in Montana !

story from .... wait for it .... The New York Times ..

Would Montanans have voted for Greg Gianforte, the Republican candidate for the state’s lone House seat, if they knew he was the kind of person who body slams journalists? Too bad two-thirds of them will never get to make that call, thanks to early voting.

Campaigns are a test of character. Voters in today’s special election and otherwise should not cast a ballot for a candidate until they see how that person passes this first test of fitness for office. That’s a test that gets increasingly challenging as Election Day approaches. If you doubt that, listen to the tape of Mr. Gianforte assaulting Ben Jacobs, a reporter for The Guardian, in response to a question about the Republican health care bill.

Two of the state’s newspapers — both of whom endorsed Mr. Gianforte — retracted their endorsements in the last 24 hours. Early voters in Montana didn’t have the same luxury — the state doesn’t allow early voters to change their minds. While some states do allow such changes, few take advantage of the opportunity since the process is so cumbersome.

Excellent. Their scheme to defeat Gianforte with their trap failed, so now they can go after Early Voting.

+1 more 
posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

No, you're confusing the Republicans with the BlackBloc/Antifa thugs.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

Like black lives matter??

Good one.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Like in Berkeley?

Exactly my thoughts.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

It's way worse than that. Now the guy is in bed with Russia.

GOP candidate Greg Gianforte has financial ties to US-sanctioned Russian companies

www.theguardian.com...

Damn Russians.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I don't know anything about the guy who won, so don't take this as any kind of endorsement.

But who wouldn't want to bodyslam a journalist?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Gianforte apologized. At least he is showing more class than some ATS members.

www.politico.com...

Now his kids hate him for bringing disgrace on a Christian family.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Gianforte apologized. At least he is showing more class than some ATS members.

www.politico.com...

Now his kids hate him for bringing disgrace on a Christian family.

no doubt.

He added: "After asking Jacobs to lower the recorder, Jacobs declined. Greg then attempted to grab the phone that was pushed in his face. Jacobs grabbed Greg's wrist, and spun away from Greg, pushing them both to the ground. It's unfortunate that this aggressive behavior from a liberal journalist created this scene at our campaign volunteer BBQ."

Good thing he apologized for being badgered by an asshole.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Now the Democrats know that they have to pull their scams before the early voting occurs.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Unbelievable to hear people defending somebody who assaulted somebody else for no good reason.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Wait, what happened to the idea to vote early? Wasn't that a MAJOR push from mostly the Democrats?

This is the problem (with both parties, but the Dems in this instance)--American politics has become so short-effin' sighted that they never think about what happens if the issue that they're all riled up about actually backfires or works against them in the future.

It's actually quite comical, because it's just one big GD circus anymore, anyhow. If you don't laugh at the clowns, you end up feeling bad for them.

I'm tired of empathy for idiots.

"Empathy for Idiots"...great band name.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

So if you went to a gas station or the grocery store or something, and while minding your own business someone comes up and starts getting in your face with his phone and just generally being a dick. You ask him to stop a few times but he pressed on and follows you...Would you not at the very least want to punch said guy in the face...I know I would. May not be right but it is human to react that way.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

True. Kind of. But I think most of us can somewhat sympathize with a situation where you have a busy schedule and have a scheduled meeting (with FOX setting up) and someone breezes in your space, is told not right now, and still keeps something shoved in your face? Was Gianforte right? That's complicated. Was Gianforte serious when he said "later?" You bet.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

It's not complicated.....

You don't assault someone who isn't physically threatening you , and a person vying for the position he was should be held to a higher standard than a teenager at a hometown football game....

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:01 AM
link   
So, just for the record, AuranVector, you believe assault is a good and justified thing.

I guess that explains a lot of your posts. Someone with a moral vacuum as large as that and a hypocritical connection to your own religion would of course laud attacking someone as long as they felt justified.

Please explain how else hitting people is a good thing. Oh, that's right, you won't answer the question because you'd have a tough time digging yourself out of your own B&^LLSH$T

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join