It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surely Only Way To Prevent Terror Attacks is By Focusing on the Potential Perpetrators

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: RP2SticksOfDynamite

We can see by recent events of the last year....it can be that guy next door who goes rogue and no one expected it. Even soldiers have gone off. This is our problem. Identifying....

The suggestion of laws and pre-determining who will be one, become one etc...is nearly impossible. Factually speaking? In reality...our prisons would be empty if laws worked. I can give you a personal example.

I drive in my ambulance/emergency vehicles in Dearborn Mi where we all know...the middle eastern population dominates. I see little boys...every day...point their fingers as I pass like a gun...or pretend to throw something...some give me the finger and spit towards me. 4-5-to 10 year olds....

I know these are just kids...but some potentially COULD grow up to be...whatever. Its hard to enforce laws against those unknown...and honestly...we dont know who, when or if.

How many "terrorists" of late have been on "watch-lists" previously...yet they succeeded in their acts to commit terror? Laws against unknowns...would have little effect on one who later in life decides Jihad or home-grown terror is their calling...

Thank you for your reply! Best, MS

edit on 27-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: err

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

]The Manchester bomber was a UK citizen who's Libyan father fought against Gadaffi! As we did! So why should he have a problem with the UK. Corbyn BS taking advantage of a tragedy is not the root problem. The root problem is with Islamist beliefs!

^^^^^ and that is the crux of the problem.

He may be a UK citizen but his DNA and culture comes from his father and

mother? right?

So he is .. bottom line... a Libyan who has acquired a citizenship of another

country (in this instance the UK)

Inherent culture cannot be wiped out at a stroke ... It takes

generations.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

We can see by recent events of the last year....it can be that guy next door who goes rogue and no one expected it. Even soldiers have gone off. This is our problem. Identifying....

The suggestion of laws and pre-determining who will be one, become one etc...is nearly impossible. Factually speaking? In reality...our prisons would be empty if laws worked. I can give you a personal example.

I drive in my ambulance/emergency vehicles in Dearborn Mi where we all know...the middle eastern population dominates. I see little boys...every day...point their fingers as I pass like a gun...or pretend to throw something...some give me the finger and spit towards me. 4-5-to 10 year olds....

I know these are just kids...but some potentially COULD grow up to be...whatever. Its hard to enforce laws against those unknown...and honestly...we dont know who, when or if.

How many "terrorists" of late have been on "watch-lists" previously...yet they succeeded in their acts to commit terror? Laws against unknowns...would have little effect on one who later in life decides Jihad or home-grown terror is their calling...

Thank you for your reply! Best, MS

But we have to start somewhere and starting by addressing those potential perpetrators that we are aware of would at least do something and like I have said, if the security services had taken steps against Abedi, Manchester would not have happened. So some law or new criminal offence that the security services could use would have prevented the attack. And I repeat, even if it was only an electronic tag his movements prior to the attack would have red flagged!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

originally posted by: RP2SticksOfDynamite

]The Manchester bomber was a UK citizen who's Libyan father fought against Gadaffi! As we did! So why should he have a problem with the UK. Corbyn BS taking advantage of a tragedy is not the root problem. The root problem is with Islamist beliefs!

^^^^^ and that is the crux of the problem.

He may be a UK citizen but his DNA and culture comes from his father and

mother? right?

So he is .. bottom line... a Libyan who has acquired a citizenship of another

country (in this instance the UK)

Inherent culture cannot be wiped out at a stroke ... It takes

generations.
That's for sure. Some more powers are needed to be able to disable known potential extremist attackers. Also, the movements of those known to the authorities need to be better monitored and red flagged as necessary. Abedi (the evil f.ck) went to Libya and Germany 4 days before the attack!

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Every law abiding person, citizen-or-not, should be willing & able to declare themselves obedient to the Civil Law of the Nation they reside in...pledge allegiance to that Nation & Laws...either as temp resident, citizen, visitor, refugee, migrant...

IF However the person is Obedient to the Dictorial Aspect of Sharia Law & the practice of Terminator Jihadism...

and believes that their own Jihadi expression gives them & like minded others, the greater right to be the Judge-Jury-Executioner of any neighbor who is Christian/Hindu/Shinto/ or anything other than a radical Sunni Jihadist....

must be re-educated or temporarily imprisoned or chemically lobotomized from that criminal pre-disposition of killing or maiming others not of your religious/ideology & persuasion-passion

But ---- that would be way-too-excessive an action to take against the radicalized 10% of the Muslim Community...

there currently are ways to restrict & contain volatile & dangerous chemicals, diseases, Hazardous-Material, poisons or radioactive substances.... Apply the same restrictions to persons committed to violating human rights or avowed to killing all others who are not also Jihadists....

Truth Serum & advanced Lie detectors might need improved to qualify as 'evidence results' because a 6 month internment stay for observation would be a result

~Yes~ the Police State will Expand Exponentially under this plan

??? just how or why did the Northern Ireland religious wars fade away ?? or has that just gotten more underground...

I recall the latter end bombings like Lockerbie helped draw public condemnation of that religious based war between Catholics & the Public
see: (snip from wiki) :

The Provisional IRA emerged in December 1969, following a split in the republican movement. The Troubles had begun a year before, when a largely Catholic, nonviolent civil rights campaign was met with violence from both Ulster loyalists and the Royal Ulster Constabulary, culminating in the August 1969 riots and deployment of British troops.[15] The IRA initially focused on defence, but it began an offensive campaign in 1971

edit on th31149591223127102017 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

The conflict in Northern Ireland was not a religious conflict.

The two sides were of different christian sects, but that was incidental to the cause of the conflict.

It was a socio economic conflict.

With a 700 year history that predates the Reformation.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio

Every law abiding person, citizen-or-not, should be willing & able to declare themselves obedient to the Civil Law of the Nation they reside in...pledge allegiance to that Nation & Laws...either as temp resident, citizen, visitor, refugee, migrant...

IF However the person is Obedient to the Dictorial Aspect of Sharia Law & the practice of Terminator Jihadism...

and believes that their own Jihadi expression gives them & like minded others, the greater right to be the Judge-Jury-Executioner of any neighbor who is Christian/Hindu/Shinto/ or anything other than a radical Sunni Jihadist....

must be re-educated or temporarily imprisoned or chemically lobotomized from that criminal pre-disposition of killing or maiming others not of your religious/ideology & persuasion-passion

But ---- that would be way-too-excessive an action to take against the radicalized 10% of the Muslim Community...

there currently are ways to restrict & contain volatile & dangerous chemicals, diseases, Hazardous-Material, poisons or radioactive substances.... Apply the same restrictions to persons committed to violating human rights or avowed to killing all others who are not also Jihadists....

Truth Serum & advanced Lie detectors might need improved to qualify as 'evidence results' because a 6 month internment stay for observation would be a result

~Yes~ the Police State will Expand Exponentially under this plan

??? just how or why did the Northern Ireland religious wars fade away ?? or has that just gotten more underground...

I recall the latter end bombings like Lockerbie helped draw public condemnation of that religious based war between Catholics & the Public
see: (snip from wiki) :

The Provisional IRA emerged in December 1969, following a split in the republican movement. The Troubles had begun a year before, when a largely Catholic, nonviolent civil rights campaign was met with violence from both Ulster loyalists and the Royal Ulster Constabulary, culminating in the August 1969 riots and deployment of British troops.[15] The IRA initially focused on defence, but it began an offensive campaign in 1971

I do agree with some of what you state but any law to deal with extremists is unlikely to go anyway near as far, although 30% of the way would be effective enough to prevent the known potential attackers. Ireland was a very different story!
edit on 27-5-2017 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 03:03 PM
link   
A full exploration of Irish history would totally derail your thread.

It is fair to say the conflict ended with a negotiated political process.

The Lockerbie bomb was the work of the Libyans under Gadaffis orders.

Middle Eastern terrorism of a non religious form.

This incident demonstrates that even without a religious element there is an underlying conflict between the West and its former colonies.

In many way it can be argued that by destroying Pan Arabism the West left the door open for an Islamic unification of the middle east.

Are we better off fighting Islamic extremists than Communist Arabs?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join