It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does Hippocracy look like?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Well, I have a pretty good idea it might look something like this:
www.cnbc.com...
Paraphrased from his video:

"there is something wrong with our system, when I can go make millions of dollars, and others can't even pay off their student loans, let alone start a business."

If Zuckerberg is handing out money, I'd be happy to get some. But if somehow, I don't end up getting a sack full of $50's, I can always resort to the old way of making things work. (work for my money)

If you want to start a business, you can do that. Right now. Nobody is stopping you. Yes, there are challenges, and yes, more small businesses fail than make it, but if it was easy, everyone would do it. It's not, and they don't. But those that do, and those that bust their ass and work way more than 40 hours, and put in blood sweat and tears, and most of their time, might just make it.

So to reiterate my point, Zuckerberg, a guy who started with an idea and now has millions, isn't the guy who should be #ting on the very system that enabled his success. Thus, Hippocracy.
edit on 26-5-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-5-2017 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

What does hypocrisy look like? I was thinking 99% of politicians.

But I can't deny Zuck the F*ck isn't a great answer as well. Isn't it funny how some of the 'smartest' people can be complete dopes!?!?

edit on 4937x6749America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago5 by six67seven because: dopes!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

If you want to start a business, you can do that. Right now. Nobody is stopping you. Yes, there are challenges, and yes, more small businesses fail than make it, but if it was easy, everyone would do it. It's not, and they don't. But those that do, and those that bust their ass and work way more than 40 hours, and put in blood sweat and tears, and most of their time, might just make it.

Thanks for dangling the official carrot before everyone, one more time.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Hypocrisy : America

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

You think working hard is some kind of government conspiracy?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

I would just point out that you may want to look at where Facebook keeps their money and how much (aka how little) taxes this dork pays. So much for supporting the greater good.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Nice sentiment, coming from a guy that doesn't like borders and walls but is happy to demolish multiple houses around his so he can expand his property "for privacy" and then throw up....

a wall.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

He is kind of the poster boy for "do what I say, not what I do".

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

I would just point out that you may want to look at where Facebook keeps their money and how much (aka how little) taxes this dork pays. So much for supporting the greater good.

Apparently, he was saving up so he can offer up stacks of money to us plebes. Unless he was hoping someone else was going to do the giving.....

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:27 AM
link   

You would think hard work is rewarded. But actually, if you are arrested, convicted, and put in jail you get 3 square meals per day plus free healthcare!

There's something really wrong in this country but it simply is the third rail of American politics:

Most people will not watch this video or even acknowledge a problem actually exists. It simple is NOT politically correct to suggest the government has any role at all in addressing the excesses of laissez faire capitalism. YOU JUST CAN'T TALK ABOUT IT!

edit on 26-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Have you ever tried? I doubt it. America is still the land of opportunity whether you believe it or not. I've been out on my own for 18 years and yeah it's hard but I'll take opportunity over assistance any day. If you're too timid or lazy to chase the "carrot" then don't whine about your lot in life. Period.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner

You think working hard is some kind of government conspiracy?

Enjoying your seat in Platos Cave?

Or if you prefer, your bathtub in the Matrix?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Have you ever tried? I doubt it. America is still the land of opportunity whether you believe it or not. I've been out on my own for 18 years and yeah it's hard but I'll take opportunity over assistance any day. If you're too timid or lazy to chase the "carrot" then don't whine about your lot in life. Period.

I don't chase carrots, I'm not whining about my life, you are.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

I don't chase carrots, I'm not whining about my life, you are.

You're right, I apologise for misconstruing your defeatist remark. Carry on, if you can find the will.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

Carry on, if you can find the will.

I will 'carry on' about minions till my dying day, thanks for the encouragement, lol.

top topics

join