It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No more telemarketers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Signup Against Telemarketer Calls Starts Friday

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - U.S. households tired of unwanted telemarketing calls can begin registering on Friday for a national "do not call list" due to be launched by President Bush.

Telemarketers who call numbers on the list after Oct. 1 face penalties of up to $11,000 per call under the popular measure that Bush will kick off in a White House Rose Garden ceremony at 8:30 a.m. EDT.

Exceptions to the list will still remain. Nonprofit and political callers will not have to comply with the new rule, and businesses will be free to call customers for 18 months after a sale -- although they must honor consumer requests not to be called back.

STORY HERE

That's good news, isn't it?

I used to hate those calls so much, it's like they had a camera in your house. As soon as you sit down to eat, the phone is ringin' off the hook.

I dont have that problem anymore, I had my phone turned off when I got my cable modem, I just use my cell phone for everything.

Anyone ever try one of those zappers that is supposed to zap your name off their computer when they call you?

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
thats why I dont have a phone line in my apt...I use my cell for everything. I hate those bastards. One of my friends parents have one of those zappers and it works pretty well for them.

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I swear PA you are right whenever i sit down to eat or anything that needs not to be interupted by an insurence agency of your choice.

new topics

join