It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Speeding Up? Is your Clock A few Digits Faster?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: CreationBro
a reply to: SoulSurfer

This just occurred to me today as well.

The other day while watching the NBA playoffs i noticed as the clock counted down, it would skip a second every so often.

I chocked it up to the time clock on the tv adjusting to the game clock.

Today i drove a bit and two trips that normally take 30 to 35 minutes and 15 minutes, ended up taking 45 minutes and 22 minutes, respectively. There was no traffic or excess red lights.

Thought to myself, is time going by faster? I know that's an odd conclusion, but there have been a few other instances in the past few days that seemed as if more time had passed than normal.

Weird coincidence that you posted this OP.

Wouldn't time be slowing down for you if the trips took longer than usual?

As far as computer clocks go, the operating system is multi-tasking and doing many things at once. Depending on what else is occurring, updating the clock may be a lower priority task, so when it does get around to it, it may appear to skip a few seconds.

My opinion on the time speeding up is our damn cell phones. It's far and few between where we can allocate several hours to a task and not be interrupted by a constant bombardment of text messages, emails and other notifications. I think our brains are becoming wired differently as a result and so we experience time differently.
edit on 26-5-2017 by peter_kandra because: fat fingered typos...

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Time, like the word God, doesn't exist in reality. And people who believe "time", like the word "God", is real, are delusional.

Time is an abstract concept created by man with two arbitrary points that only mean something because someone says it does.

The Universe is analog with every piece of existence connected to every other piece. The Universe is one giant continuous wave of existence with no beginning and no end.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:04 AM
link   
You do understand that the clock you see on the computer screen is controlled be the clock in the CPU, and it will slow down when the CPU is under load and will correct it's self as needed.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: frenchfries
Most people would say , 'itś because one is getting older'. An obvious explanation , but is it the only explanation ? Even my 6 year old (refering to the pokemon hype last year) said ' why does time go so fast this year'. With all the blackops is it unthinkable that really something is going on behind the scenes that is beyond the simple 'duh man your getting old' logic ?

My 9 year old said the same thing. I'm not even 30 yet and I feel like the past few years have literally flown by.

Wait a minute... 3 years ago was 2014?

The past SEVERAL years have flown by.
edit on 26-5-2017 by Aldakoopa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   

If the day seems a little longer than usual on Saturday, June 30, 2012, that's because it will be. An extra second, or "leap" second,

OK, this one sentence got me. So how exactly did they fix all the clocks to leap forward that second but only that one second and no others?

I have seen a few posts about time moving differently. It seems that it is most noticed in changing driving times when traffic did not change.

Is it slipping past us faster?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Strange you should make this thread as I've been wondering why the days are so damn long and seem longer than a few years ago... it takes ages for 24 hours to go by... I wish the days were shorter!

As for the PC clock... mine is also faster than a wall clock or my phone clock.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I tend to think that our view on time is slightly skewed by our analyzing it.

It helps me to think of time as being more of a measurement of change rather than specific duration of clock time.

Our internal clock still flows with the planet regardless of how we try to organize it and it will continue do so until we find ourselves on a new rock.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
It's because the internal battery on your motherboard, which is responsible for keeping the time correct (among other things) is starting to go. A tell tale sign of this is your system time begins to get wonky. I've had it happen to me a long time ago....you said yourself your PC is old. Well, this is a symptom of that.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Its called getting old .
The older you get the faster time goes by .

Myself, my wife and my mother recently had a discussion on this.
I think it is your subconscious realizing you have a limited number of days left and the more you ponder it, the more it appears to go faster.

I don't think it is actually going faster, you just think about it more often than before.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Strange you should make this thread as I've been wondering why the days are so damn long and seem longer than a few years ago... it takes ages for 24 hours to go by... I wish the days were shorter!

As for the PC clock... mine is also faster than a wall clock or my phone clock.

Thanks, this is the kind of Data im looking for since it is also evidence that there may be some tampering being done. Makes you wonder about all those windows updates and if they play any role on updating the system.

Let's see if this has a common denominator.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Here ya go:

Source: biblehub.com...

22“If those days had not been cut short, no one would survive, but for the sake of the elect those days will be shortened. 23At that time if anyone says to you, ‘Look, here is the Messiah!’ or, ‘There he is!’ do not believe it. 24For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and wonders to deceive, if possible, even the elect. 25See, I have told you ahead of time.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Time is relative and moves at different rates for everyone depending on your velocity and force of gravity being exerted on you.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Well, actually there's a good argument based on relativity that time IS speeding up. If space is NOT infinite but instead finite, then as the Universe expands, space stretches and time, by necessity, speeds up.

This also explains a lot of phenomena that previously required convoluted non-provable explanations like Dark matter to explain an acceleration of the expansion of the universe. If this is the case then an acceleration in the expansion of the universe isn't needed to explain red shift and blue shift. They could be explained by an acceleration of time rather than an acceleration of the expansion.

Jaden
edit on 26-5-2017 by Masterjaden because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Glad you posted this. I've been feeling like time has sped up, when I've mentioned this to some friends five out of the six agree that time does seem like it's going faster.

posted on May, 28 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   
1:1.618 time spiral.

What does accepted science fiction call it, time dilation? The sun is orbiting a black hole. Well, getting sucked into one. And followers all follow suit

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
You know, as I get older it does seem like time passes by faster. Granted, I`ve never sat and looked a clock intently to see if it is skipping seconds. There might actually be something going on for sure. Considering this is skunk works, I`ll let my mind free think as I write this and we can see where it leads us.

The earth`s orbit around the sun might be changing. I know that sounds a bit wild but hear me out. If the earth is changing it`s orbit around the sun then time, as we understand it, would also change for us living on this soggy mud ball. The relationship between the earth and the sun is complex and several factors could result is earth changing it`s orbit. I did a quick google search just to see what would come up on this idea and I found a few things.

The earth's 100,000 Year Orbital Cycle

Is the distance from the Earth to the Sun changing?

10,000 years ago the Earth's axis changed and altered the world's climate. Is it about to happen again?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: duckcover
You do understand that the clock you see on the computer screen is controlled be the clock in the CPU, and it will slow down when the CPU is under load and will correct it's self as needed.

No room for logic and reason here,

move on now

It certainly cannot be that such a mundane thing can be so mind blowing for some.

Fascinating how it spirals into some sort conspiracy, call it what you will.... (creative, delusional, insane, whatever)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Did you read the OP? There is confirmation from Nasa that clocks were indeed manipulated.

I don't see how the article has any relevance to you experience time like everyone else, relatively.

The article states that clocks needed adjusting due to earths rotation slowing ever so slightly.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join