It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

SNOPES addresses MacArthur "alien attack" comments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   
SNOPES fact checkers just posted a good 'deep search' of the source of the widely quoted prediction by General MacArthur that Earth would have to unite to combat an alien attack. He did speculate on the theme but the widely attributed quotations appear to be garbled. Good piece of documentation research. www.snopes.com...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
SNOPES fact checkers just posted a good 'deep search' of the source of the widely quoted prediction; Good piece of documentation research.

Hard to believe both those statements could be in one paragraph

Snopes are not what they seem

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Snopes will not allow a comments section.

They are terrified and threatened by any opposing viewpoints or challenges to their pre-conceived, establishment approved conclusions.

Snopes = propaganda trash.

edit on 25-5-2017 by gladtobehere because: typo

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Yeah but it's Snopes, one of the least reliable news organisations acting as the self-proclaimed "fact checker" for the entire world.

It's fairly amusing really.

It's like Sorcha Faal declaring itself to be the factchecker to every claim ever made ever, and should be taken with the same validity.
edit on -050009pm5kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

SNOPES fact checkers just posted a good 'deep search' of the source of the widely quoted prediction by General MacArthur that Earth would have to unite to combat an alien attack. He did speculate on the theme but the widely attributed quotations appear to be garbled. Good piece of documentation research. www.snopes.com...

If Snopes is discrediting it I'm inclined to believe the alien invasion is coming any day.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Have y'all ever seen the two people that run Snopes? Aliens are among us!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Only a mindless fool believes snopes is legitimately the final word on anything.

Your getting desperate Jim. How could you possibly believe this would fly here ?

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The Mikkelsons were relevant in the 1990s when you could just send their URL to people who were emailing you that "Bill Gates is giving away his fortune if you forward this email."

Beyond that... well... been a heck of a road.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xarian6
Only a mindless fool believes snopes is legitimately the final word on anything.

Your getting desperate Jim. How could you possibly believe this would fly here ?

I don't see where Jim said they are the final word, of course they aren't.

Every claim should be evaluated on its own merits and sometimes they might be right and sometimes they might be wrong, but I think all the people in this thread implying Snopes is wrong all the time are even more wrong than Snopes, because snopes is right at least sometimes.

I read the article and I didn't find any reason to doubt their research on this particular claim, and it seems like none of the replies in this thread so far even address those claims, it's mostly attacks on Snopes.

Wikipedia isn't right all the time either, but sometimes it is, you may have to check the sources it cites to verify the stated claims.

SNOPES fact checkers just posted a good 'deep search' of the source of the widely quoted prediction by General MacArthur that Earth would have to unite to combat an alien attack.
Maybe a re-post? The Snopes article says:

Published: Aug 17th, 2005
so it's not exactly "new" research, but it's still interesting to me.

edit on 2017526 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Snopes will not allow a comments section.

They are terrified and threatened by any opposing viewpoints or challenges to their pre-conceived, establishment approved conclusions.

Snopes = propaganda trash.

It's wikipedia page claims it has a "forum which users may submit topics of scrupulous credibility" (or something like that), however, i bet that is only for humbly turning in submissions for them to benevolently lay their final judgement upon... Probably no "complaints" or "comments" or "helpful, constructive criticism" or "general topics" or any space designated for "dissenting opinions".

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Snopes had their place in the 90s world of ridiculous chain-emails, but as "fact checkers" they're about on a par with a North Korean news agency.

If they say one thing, that significantly improves the chances of the opposite being true.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Snopes needs its own Snopes. 'Who will watch the watchers...'

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:49 AM
link   
You're preaching to the choir on the leftist politics of Snopes, no argument from me. What about the assertions in THIS analysis of a quote we still see all over the UFO corners of the Internet?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Snopes can do a good job if they put their mind to it. But they have a strong liberal/Democratic bias, and when it comes to anything political they cannot be trusted.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg
Isn't this way too late for another attempt at damage control? If memory serves me right, wasn't there another military official that basically had the same spiel in front of cadets a few years ago?... oh, carry on, it must be The Mandela Effect.

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xarian6

jim started scraping the bottom of the barrel when he said that the ufos seen in old NASA footage are ice particles being moved by the RCS (reaction control system)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: JBloo

it already exists and its called ats

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
it already exists and its called ats

We're known for our surprisingly low amount of slack.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I wonder who is less truthful. Obama, Hillary or Snopes its hard to tell.

top topics

join