It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thread Save Function

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Would/could it be possible to have a save function built into the boards? Other forums have them and they work wonders!

When trying to allocate many sourced items and talking points into a thread it seems far to common, not only for myself, that something goes awry and we lose our thread.

Please ATS.....pretty please!??!?!?
edit on 25-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I use notepad, copy/paste after completed, and work out the paragraph/sentence structure after transfer.

Would be nice to have a 'draft' for threads, but I make due.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Sorry that happened. I was excited to see your thread... then..... poof.
It does that to me alot when posting. I usaully just give up after that.

Cleaning my Cache and what not helps.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: GodEmperor

I redid my OP as you suggested, thank you.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
Would/could it be possible to have a save function built into the boards? Other forums have them and they work wonders!

When trying to allocate many sourced items and talking points into a thread it seems far to common, not only for myself, that something goes awry and we lose our thread.

Please ATS.....pretty please!??!?!?

Why not create a new favorites folder in your bookmarks and add threads to the folder?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Miracula2

In other forums there is a save feature. By that I mean as you type your opening post, the data is saved. So if you crash (as I did) or go back or forward a page or close your window etc, the data is all saved to a "draft" or possibly in this case, just posted and the ability to later edit.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI
You're probably the 50th person to ask, and every time the replies talk about how everyone else uses notepad, wordpad, or some other text editor to save the post so it's not lost if the browser crashes.

Maybe the 50th time is the charm, and ATS will save drafts, but I doubt it...so don't hold your breath. Just use a text editor to save your post like everybody else does, who doesn't want to lose all their work.

I don't bother with it for short replies like this one which are easy to re-type, but anything much longer and I'll save it with a text editor.

new topics

top topics

join