It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellowstone ready to go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It seems that there has been new volcanoes all over the world errupting everyday, and lava spilling into the ocean from hawaii according to www.earthchangestv.com... Does anyone think that these are signs yellowstone is going to explode very soon?

[edit on 4-2-2005 by brooklynmark]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
the hawaii stuff is most likely unrelated - it is on a completely different faultlline to yellowstone.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I saw a show saying yellow stone is a cauldra or something (a volcano erupted leaving an air pocket under ground, then the land caved in on the pocket) now its filling with lava. It could erupt tomorrow or in 200,000 years. Thats how unpredictable it is. One thing is for certain: The world would see significant drops in temperature and sunlight would be blocked

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by narmus
the hawaii stuff is most likely unrelated - it is on a completely different faultlline to yellowstone.

yea but before a super volcano goes off many other volcanos show activity and this could be sooner than we think. if you look on that site there is a new erruption everyday around the world.

posted on Feb, 11 2005 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Central U.S. Warned of Larger Earthquakes to Come is a new topic on the site www.earthchangestv.net

could this also be a sign of things about to blow

posted on Feb, 12 2005 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MooMix3
I saw a show saying yellow stone is a cauldra or something (a volcano erupted leaving an air pocket under ground, then the land caved in on the pocket) now its filling with lava. It could erupt tomorrow or in 200,000 years. Thats how unpredictable it is. One thing is for certain: The world would see significant drops in temperature and sunlight would be blocked

Actually yellowstone is every 700,000 years or so (if memory serves).. currently it's 40,000 years overdue, but it's not *that* unpredictable, it has a well defined cycle.

Additionally, I remember reading that the recent tsunami cuasing quake was also similarly overdue.

Most of these faults and volcanic mechanisms have 'schedules' that are well defined in geoloigic time terms (i.e. xx thousands of years).. just not very useful for day to day predictions.

Osiris

E_T

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:46 AM
link   
There isn't increase in volcanic activity.
And even decades long eruptions are normal for Hawaiian volcanoes.

Those and other eruptions are just Earth's way to release pressure slowly and continuously instead of rare big "booms".
I would be more worried if volcanic activity would stop suddenly.

Activity might seem to be increasing because at today's era of communication information is passed on fast and even small news can be passed on. Hundred years ago communication was much harder and slower so small smoking of volcanoes was "advertised" only locally and only major eruptions were reported globally in media.
www.volcano.si.edu...

posted on Feb, 13 2005 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Well that's a misleading thread title if I ever saw one! SHouldn't there be an "IS" in front of that or something!?

top topics

join