It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven in 10 Brits support 'world government' to protect humanity from global catastrophes

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: starwarsisreal

I've never really understood the destain felt for the concept of a one world government...

One world government means no more war.. you could have rebellions, but no more of the nation vs nation stuff..

You eliminate the risk of a global nuclear war.. only one nuclear power, means there is never a Russia vs US type Armageddon...

That alone makes it the lesser of 2 evils..

I think the main problem with governments has never been government as a concept..

It has been corruption due to little or no oversight.. well now we have the tech to eliminate corruption by tracking every dollar..

I bet anyone who lived through either WW would agree with me..

The destain is in part because a One World Gov't means that the economies of 1st world countries will be siphoned to pay for living standards in the 3rd world. While it is a very noble cause to help the less fortunate, no one wants to see their own living standards drop.

Sadly I believe a harmonious One World Gov't is a fairy story. There is no way that separate countries could all hold hands and start singing Kumbaya in peace under the same governing umbrella.

For one, not all countries hold the same ideals of democracy and human rights. How could you mesh the Western ideology of gender equality, LGBTI rights, same sex marriage, for instance, with Islamic Nations where homosexuality is governed by Sharia (as shown today in Indonesia two gay lovers were whipped as punishment for intercourse)

What about the right to an education? The Roma culture of Europe believe that girls should stop education around age 11 and stay home to help their mothers raise siblings. It's normal for these girls to be encouraged to find a husband and marry at age 16 and start having babies...Instilling Western standards of law that state that "every child needs to go to school", "The legal age of consent to marriage is 18" etc would not be upheld in this and similar-minded cultures.

How could you have the global governing laws for everyone when every culture has different beliefs?

And we assume that Western morals will be applied to all under the One World Gov't... What if they held a democratic vote, and since the majority of the world's population are living below the poverty line in developing and 3rd world nations - what if their ideals of law were voted in to govern all of us? Would this mean a return of the death penalty? Could it mean the age of consent to drop to 11 years old?

What if every country voting was too complicated so TPTB decided the laws for us? What if they anointed themselves an untouchable dictatorship?

Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

To think that there will ever be a point of No War is naive... plenty of countries have a history of civil war, how can war magically halt because we have a global president instead of our own?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Seven in 10 Brits support 'world government' to protect humanity from global catastrophes

Aaaaahhhh, now i get it, "logical as F"!
That´s why they voted for Brexit and against the EU, against the next step towards a world government...

Obvious...

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal
a reply to: M5xaz

Do you propose maybe a council of nations to run interplanetary affairs?

I think a few sci fi feature such ideas where a planet have some sort of council that deals with interplanetary affairs while their nations run their respective lands locally.

Umm, you missed the "sci fi" bit, I guess, as in FICTION.

We also do not need to build our political system in case of invasion from Bigfoot, Voldemort, or Sauron.

History is clear:
-loose aggregation of states, like the UN, turn into undemocratic, inefficient, corrupt hellholes;
-formal "Superstates" add "dictatorial" to the above

posted on Jul, 30 2017 @ 12:34 AM
link   
The poll shows the alleged results of 1000 people. That's 1000 out of 65 million, so of course it is as accurate as the pithy generalisms by some Americans on this thread about the British...their contempt for all things British shines through. A bunch of cobbled-together disparate states (laughingly calling itself a 'nation') that gives a George W Bush and a Donald Trump as it leaders really needs to point that contempt at itself.

One world government can only be implemented by force and by strangleholds upon a pretty much subservient populace uncaring of what its leaders and its captains of industry bring to bear upon them. One world government, and everything it implies can only ever be a tyranny. Brought about softly through the claim of noble causes and security, but ultimately hardening into the worse form of tyranny the world has yet to see and experience. We of today are the gaolers of our future descendants, by the choices we make, through our inactions, and through our ideological and ethnic divisions.

Can One World Government be stopped? No, I don't think so, certainly not in our time. Its implementation is well under way, and we the ordinary people (in whichever country) are too self-absorbed in our own personal life and individual comfort. It takes precedence over our duty and commitment to our future generations. We are in effect...spineless; without a backbone to support our convictions, lacking moral and ethical fortitude, and way too yielding on principles. We are content enough to both watch and hear other people's doors being kicked in, as long as it isn't our own, so we each keep our heads down and habituate ourselves to the roll out of one world government and the new world order. We conform and comply in fear of our own personal comfort being attacked or taken from us.

Convenience, not conviction is more important to us. Be proud of the shame you should feel.
edit on 30/7/17 by elysiumfire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yes, that is when the gov is full of white people. Mind as well call them Nazis also.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join