It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left vs Right and why it doesn't matter.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I'm not so much anti-right as I am anti Donald Trump, Jeff Sessions, Steve Bannon and everyone who thinks like them.

Their ideas on pretty much everything are a throwback to an era that doesn't exist anymore, if it even ever did. And helping pave the way for a new dark era of America..

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Ok.

I'm on here because it amuses me and it's fun.

I rarely talk about what I actually "do", because the impact would be negligible.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Ok.

I'm on here because it amuses me and it's fun.

I rarely talk about what I actually "do", because the impact would be negligible.

And that's fine. I as one person can't change the minds of millions. I just choose to share my knowledge on the subject and do the best that I can to not fall into slavery like a sheep. I keep out of debt, run my own business, and do right by my fellow man.. ultimately that's what everybody should be doing.. that's how you enact change in my opinion.

If you are not in debt, you are not a slave. If you try and become self made, you are realizing your true potential and ambition, and if you are helping your fellow man(or person if ur PC) then you are helping create a new mindset that can spread to others, instead of promoting hate and anger, people should step back and look at the big picture.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

originally posted by: eXia7

Having discussions on the internet lead to new ideas, and people can either choose to try and educate people off the computer or not.. if you want to just bicker about trump and obama, more power to you.. perhaps this isn't a thread for you?

Talking about change is not the same as creating change.

But if you could get people to understand the true nature of our financial system, it would probably go further to create a positive change more so than anything else.

If people would stop going into debt to finance unneeded purchases - starve the beast

If people saved up for the things they wanted before they purchase (cars,electronics) - starve the beast

If people lived within their means and stopped chasing the almighty material object - starve the beast

If people purchased homes they could actually afford (3x's annual income) - starve the beast

Purchase medical care with cash and ditch insurance - starve the beast

Stop trying to keep up with the neighbors and just be happy with what you have - starve the beast

We citizens could accomplish huge structural changes without even passing a single law. The power is education.

You ascribe nobility in people where none exists. But it's a nice gesture.

It has been my observation and opinion that the majority of people are very selfish and self-serving.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ClovenSky

originally posted by: eXia7

Having discussions on the internet lead to new ideas, and people can either choose to try and educate people off the computer or not.. if you want to just bicker about trump and obama, more power to you.. perhaps this isn't a thread for you?

Talking about change is not the same as creating change.

But if you could get people to understand the true nature of our financial system, it would probably go further to create a positive change more so than anything else.

If people would stop going into debt to finance unneeded purchases - starve the beast

If people saved up for the things they wanted before they purchase (cars,electronics) - starve the beast

If people lived within their means and stopped chasing the almighty material object - starve the beast

If people purchased homes they could actually afford (3x's annual income) - starve the beast

Purchase medical care with cash and ditch insurance - starve the beast

Stop trying to keep up with the neighbors and just be happy with what you have - starve the beast

We citizens could accomplish huge structural changes without even passing a single law. The power is education.

You ascribe nobility in people where none exists. But it's a nice gesture.

It has been my observation and opinion that the majority of people are very selfish and self-serving.

Yes quite a paradox, I agree, perhaps I'm giving people too much credit.. but not everybody is self centered. The problem is people in power are self centered. Remove the head from the snake, and it will die.

woops that wasnt to me, but it still stands.
edit on 5/25/2017 by eXia7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

The key, in my opinion, is to treat people the same, regardless if they are self-serving or noble.

Because,, ultimately, the only person you have control over is yourself.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

The key, in my opinion, is to treat people the same, regardless if they are self-serving or noble.

Because,, ultimately, the only person you have control over is yourself.

See, now this is the kind of discussion I'm looking for. Star for you.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:46 PM
link   

It's easy to say.

Damn near impossible to execute.

We are flawed animals.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   

We have some members who create threads just for the sake of attacking the opposite party. The name calling and ridiculous political labeling of people in videos clips have reached in my opinion an immature level of discussion. The party loyalty in ATS is thick.

Debate the issues facing all of us. Don't defend the party or representative. The party or opposite party shouldn't even be part of the discussion! These politicians and presidents have proven themselves time and time again to be self-serving political party lap dogs. They're all geriatric millionaires and simply don't relate to the majority of hardworking Americans. Corporations have their ear, not their constituents. There's a reason why many of them don't retire.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

According to their blind devotion to Ideologies. Blind devotion is very much a form of bondage or slavery
edit on 25-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

We have some members who create threads just for the sake of attacking the opposite party. The name calling and ridiculous political labeling of people in videos clips have reached in my opinion an immature level of discussion. The party loyalty in ATS is thick.

Debate the issues facing all of us. Don't defend the party or representative. The party or opposite party shouldn't even be part of the discussion! These politicians and presidents have proven themselves time and time again to be self-serving political party lap dogs. They're all geriatric millionaires and simply don't relate to the majority of hardworking Americans. Corporations have their ear, not their constituents. There's a reason why many of them don't retire.

I said it before, and I'll say it again.

Attack the problem, not the person.

As for career politicians, Time to boot them.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:10 PM
link   

But ME Versus YOU Does.............

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

But ME Versus YOU Does.............

Ah yes, the true backbone to the deception.

Good point.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

But the True Reality is .......US Verses THEM.....

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:58 PM
link   

I mostly agree, though there is still debate on which side screws us the fastest.

The thing that pulled me into recent topics is that we have a president that both sides (in D.C.) seem to be against. Before that I had no interest in politics.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   

edit on 25-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: SpeakerofTruth
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

According to their blind devotion to Ideologies. Blind devotion is very much a form of bondage or slavery

The devotion to principles is a rarity. Most have blind devotion to themselves: their feelings, their motivations, their self-seeking.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   

It doesn't matter. Nothing we say actually matters.

None of it.

Not a damned thing.

But it is amusing. And it passes the time until we all die.

Damn DBC your getting pretty existential.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this. I have wanted to post something along similar lines but have not really had the will to do so.

I am rather surprised at how partisan things have gotten on here when it seems that in conspiracy class 101 the idea that both parties are controlled is basic stuff.

Not to go to far into the fringe but I would guess that some in power are versed in the occult and may be twisting the hermetic principal of polarity to their advantage and encouraging political division and polarization to fulfill an agenda.

The Principle of Polarity "Everything is Dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled."--The Kybalion.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I have a strong set of beliefs when it comes to many of the social issues of the day. One party embraces those same beliefs, the other does not. The secondary parties have initial appeal, until you get down to the actual party candidates and then it becomes nut job city.

So it does matter. I'm not saying I don't consider voting for the other party, and I have in some instances, but by and large, I support the political system that lands on the side of my beliefs. Why wouldn't I?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join