It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats your favorite Dave Matthews joint?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
i would think most people would say one of their tops is crash into me...i dig that song but for me the top two are

'crush'

this is such a beautiful song...i still throw it on from time to time and dance with my wife in the living room and sing it to her in my horrible voice.....just an amazing song

same song live......killing it

and second i vote for 'i did it'

what about you? dave matthews is like the beatles....i dont mean as influential or anything like that. there is the beatles and everyone else...i mean most people can dig on dave. may not be super fans or may not search it out but if it comes on they like it.....

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Stay or Leave is a great one - I like the imagery he describes about putting your feet in the river and "muddy toes" lol

I'm seeing the band live (for the 2nd time ever) on June 17th in Saratoga Springs NY. Tickets were like $250 each but great seats and it should be worth it - it was last time
I absolutely love DMB. It's amazing, did you know he has amassed something like $200 million? Wow, great music, great artist!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Anything he is playing with Tim Reynolds and not his band.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

i did not know that about the 2 hundo

he is in cuyahoga falls on june 14th. tickets for the lawn are only 65 bones. pavilion for 85

thinking about buying tickets

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I dreamed I killed god

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I needed this, helps me with my little funk I'm in. So hard to choose!

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I tried to refrain from commenting on this...But I just couldn't.

Back in 2008 I was working as a stagehand in Virginia. For those unfamiliar a stagehand is the labor behind the brains that build these big concerts usually in very little time then tear them down in even less time. Anyway...I was working at the John Paul Jones Center in Charlottesville VA for his show. Ended up being a long day for some of us and as per our contract if they can't afford to allow us to leave the venue for an hour lunch break after 5hrs on the clock they either pay the meal penalty (double time for the rest of the setup) or they can feed us in catering in the venue where we take a 30min lunch on the clock. Usually and like this situation it's better for them to feed us on the clock and get us back to work. So we go down to catering, a group of maybe 8-10 of us still working, and go about getting a plate and finding a seat. The area was pretty much empty so we all just sat wherever. The tables were the fold out kind and about 6-8' long and there were 3-4 in a row with 3 rows. So some of our guys sat in the row of tables that Dave was sitting in...Next thing you know our steward is telling us the production people were told by Dave to get them away from him. No one had spoken to him or his group that were eating by them. As far as I saw no one was even paying them any attention at all...As people who work in that industry we generally aren't the type to get star struck or even pay them much mind. So for me the fact he was offended enough to make a big deal and treat our guys as if they were lesser and offensive to even share a table with that I have disliked him ever since. I mean without us stagehands the show will not happen...No way no how. And touring is how most musicians make the bulk of their money...So it's pretty offensive to us to be treated like that. In all my time working in this industry (over 6 years now) I have had less than 5 artist treat crew like that over something like that. As most of the stars love having a chat with us because most of us don't treat them special and act like they were any other Joe blow on the street. Anyway...He is a very egotistical douch in my book...And that's not the only story I've heard about him being such...The others are just ones I didn't witness first hand so I'll leave those out as I don't know the details.

Just couldn't help myself...Doesn't mean his music is bad...I don't like it but still.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I didn't like a whole lot after the live Reynolds album.

I'm a bit of a Dave snob I guess.

Albums

Remember two things
Recently (an EP if I remember correctly)
Under the table and dreaming

Songs
Christmas song
I'll back you up
Jimi thing
Typical situation
The song that Jane likes
Recently

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:37 PM
link   
All Along the Watchtower cover

edit on 5/25/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Love his voice.. and sound

Where Are You Going
m.youtube.com...
edit on 25-5-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I would advise it - when I saw him in Montreal they were only supposed to play for 2.5 hours and it went well over 4 hours - we were blown away!

posted on Jun, 24 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   

American Baby - poignantly somber to me, which is a nice switch off for me. The riff is amazing too.

top topics

join