It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Subconscious/inner monolog and Autism?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I wasn't sure where to put this. This is just a observation I noticed today. I have four autistic nieces a set of identical triplets and their sister.I help my parents care for them (long story). They range from low to extreme on the scale. Only one is verbal, she is considered high on the scale. Once she learned to talk she rarely stops.She can have regular conversations with you if she's focused but mostly she says things like "I'm going to play with my ponies, my ponies are so cool, hey uncle Jay did you know I have ponies? I'm going to play with them and then we're going to do ...".

And it kind of dawned on me that it sounds a awful lot like the stream of thoughts I always have running in the back of my mind. NOt with ponies of course, but I'm going to do this because of that and then I have those things to do. Now I asked my wife if she felt the way she said she wasn't sure. Now my parent's say looking back with the knowledge they have now that I may have a touch of it. So that might be why I can recognize it? Maybe I'm just lower on the scale that internalize that constant stream.

Besides the point, to me maybe autism causes the person to have easier access to their subconscious or function on more on on subconscious than conscious? I am being serious and am not trying to offend or make fun of anyone.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jholt5638

I intuitively feel that the ultimate cause of autism is an emerging subjective evolutionary makeover of an outmoded, non-sustainable order of consciousness with which we objectify people, animals, the environment, and reality in general.  In other words, autism may be a NEW and SUBJECTIVE order of consciousness that cannot accommodate the prevailing old Disorder of consciousness that tends to totally objectify our experiencing of reality. Accordingly, it is so-called “neuro-normalism” that tends to be disordering of our consciousness, while autism is an evolutionary correction thereof – a re-education of our human sensibilities.

guardianlv.com...

You can search to your hearts content and you will find this opinion very relevant to research.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Autism is something I don’t know too much about, but I have made the following observation:

When I am out in public I rarely ever “talk to myself.” Such things are socially frowned upon. Even when I’m alone in a public place, such as waiting by myself to see a doctor, I generally never talk to myself because it still feels somehow like I’m “out in public."

However, when I’m alone at home, I very well may talk to myself.

The distinction I’m trying to make is that the average person is very aware when there might be other people around and when they know they are alone, and they control their behavior accordingly to appear proper in public.

Autistic individuals, I’m told, sometimes have difficulty relating to other people. They may not see themselves as a person in a social environment where others may judge them. Or perhaps they just don’t have the average person’s fixation on how they appear. So they don’t censor themselves. Children often do the same. When they talk to themselves it’s a perfectly natural expression of human nature; it’s just that the rest of us have been trained not to do it.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Everyone is different.

My inner monologue is dynamic and depends on the day. Sometimes, its mostly silent. Sometimes, its active; linear or tangential and everything in between.

Sometimes, it will even be other people's voices instead of my own in my inner monologue and the content, tone, rhetoric etc will even seem exactly like something that person would say.

I have noticed that my inner monologue quiets a lot when im in social settings.

Ive also noticed that my mind will shift between inner monologue (temporal lobe), conceptualization (frontal lobe), association between the two (parietal lobe), and sometimes, but less common, visualization (occipital lobe) along with parietal association.

Inner monologue is strange, no doubt about it.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Everyone experiences those thoughts . But they are generally lost in the backgound noise of everyday thoughts so most pople don't realize they exist. In learning to meditate, anyone can lower the noise floor of the brain so the more subtle thoughts can be seen/heard. Like seeing am image of a chocolate bar for a nanosecond to entice me to by chocolate to increase blood suger levels etc.

What I found even more intriguing. Is some people were very receptive to images from my brain. Whereas others were totally dead to any communication. Why some were receptive and not others, was a mystery to me.

I work with autistic people, Many have a heart of gold. I love working with them. The repetition would drive many people nuts, but it doesn't bother me.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Kashai

Thanks that does explain another thing I noticed. She seems to have total recall of her memory. If something triggers a memory like a kid in her class being mean to her. She'll say "X is mean to me" and talk and describe what happened and she even emotionally she reacts similar to the way she felt. She even recalls what she was wearing who else was around. Like she reliving the memory. When the memories are about me or I was there when it happened her details of the event are accurate as far as I can recall. it's really fascinating to witness. I wish I had that ability to perfectly recall any memory I wanted

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Nice thread bro.I believe that memory can be improved dramatically.Imo their child like nature makes for easier recall.A shoulders down kind of process...

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I am glad to hear you found the information useful.

Feel free to contact me in this thread or with PM.

edit on 26-5-2017 by Kashai because: Added content

top topics

join