It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Farmer facing massive fines for … plowing his own field

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
its a pain in the ass to do stuff in Florida because the EPA/State claim almost everything as wetlands.. even if its just a ditch holding water after a rain.

News Flash: Florida is swamp land, what else can you do. the EPA is a joke, needs to be scaled back, and a lot of zealous laws that only generate revenue need to be scratched from the books. Too much government overreach.

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Oooooooh, I like the way you think!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 27 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

If you plow a wetland area you destory habitat. Change soil compostiton etc.. These rules are here to manage land. It is being destroyed the world over.. Bit by bit..

And what exactly are you doing about it?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 29 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
The EPA has not enough employees to watch farms.
They rely on snitches to find these cases.

Treehuggers. land dealers. environmentalist working in local or state government ECT ECT.

Or government agencies like National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) and there spy satellites spying on US public.

I know of cases where in the 1970s (when it was legal)where farms used leveling blades to level there land to within 1 inch.
around 2002 the EPA was claiming ponds were forming in the fields when it rained and wanted to fine the farmers.
www.altonleblancandsons.net...

During very heavy rains these so called ponds were still less then 1 inch deep.
But the EPA still called them wetlands.
Other cases where counties put in new roads and did not put drainage pipes under the roads low enough and the rain backed up into farm fields.
When the farmer complained about the county causing there fields to flood and bring legal action the county would call the EPA and get the area classed as wetlands so that the county did not have to fix the problem. and the courts would drop the case.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

If you plow a wetland area you destory habitat. Change soil compostiton etc.. These rules are here to manage land. It is being destroyed the world over.. Bit by bit..

And what exactly are you doing about it?

TheRedneck

A lot more than you atm i guess..

Im identifiying ecological services and roles looking at methods of making these more robus and able to support declining populations...

I could go.. I spend a lot of time doing this kind of thing..

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
Yet it only seems to be a problem when a tiny struggling land owner does it.

All those rules disappear when a group of developers get together, build a new city, and put up 30,000 new homes, a shopping mall or an arena.

I agree... money gets away with far worse crimes..

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Awesome. You didn't answer, which means I have to assume you know nothing was lost here.

Yes i did answer.. what do you think the primary thread to wetlands is...?

Will answer for you

Argiculture..

Sort it out and wake up...

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

I read your title and thought to myself:

"Is this in California? I'll bet it's in California".

WellWhatyaKnow?

I know some people that bought property in Florida, but the contractors found some rare, endangered turtles while they were building the house.

So, these folks had to buy another plot of land that was suitable habitat for the turtles and wait for them to be relocated before they could finish building their house.

It just kills me, because those five (seriously, five) friggin, turtles are almost certainly going to wander off, trying to get back to where they were and die anyway. It's just absurd.

edit on 30-5-2017 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   

A lot more than you atm i guess..

Really? I have 90 acres of virgin forest that I maintain in pristine shape. I have done so for a half century. How many acres do you protect?

Im identifiying ecological services and roles looking at methods of making these more robus and able to support declining populations...

Ohhhh... forgive me! I was thinking about actually protecting areas.

TheRedneck

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join