It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Like Trump, In One Simple Gif

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6
When in the blue hell did nationalism and national pride become a bad thing in the United States?

Probably when people realized it was empty rhetoric. When people started believing CTist about the government selling them out.

It isn't just the US either.

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Well done everyone!!!

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

So edgy, much trendy

posted on May, 30 2017 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

But is it true?

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

But is it true?

No, it isn't. At least not from the angle you're approaching it from. America isn't the American government. I wouldn't give a piss about it if that was what America, dare I say 'Murica even, was. We are a Constitution which exists even should we have no government... that said, without that same Constitution, NO America or American government would exist or hold any shred of legitimacy. Look, I flat out hate Washington DC, HATE them. If DC ceased to exist tomorrow, me, my family, and our Alaska would persist as would what America is...

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

That might cover the part of the gov selling out its citizens but some americans might still see everything you posted as empty rhetoric.

I personally find "We are a Constitution which exists even should we have no government... that said, without that same Constitution, NO America or American government would exist or hold any shred of legitimacy." to fall in that category.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:25 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

It's a personal belief and creed which I am instilling into my little redneck kids same as it was instilled in me. I really don't give a rat's ass who sees it as rhetoric. It is exactly whatever I say it is where my head and heart are concerned.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   
What's the big deal about this Trump "Covfefe" tweet tonight?
www.google.com...

Perhaps a new foreign word he learned from the Pope?
edit on 5/31/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 01:29 AM
link   

But the question wasn't about you, it was about those believe that nationalism and national pride is a bad thing in the United States.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   

But the question wasn't about you, it was about those believe that nationalism and national pride is a bad thing in the United States.

National pride, or patriotism, can be a good thing if it means you support the fundamental principles of our form of government. Nationalism is a nineteenth century concept that was used to knit disparate ethnic groups into a coherent body politic. It has since become a code word for racism.

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

a reply to: veracity

He was on duty and was professional. He probably had someone giving him the order to redirect them into his ear.

true

posted on May, 31 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The best thing I like about Trump was when he made Pippin sing to him while he ate
video footage

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 02:30 PM
link   
that opening gif of Trump barrelling through a NATO meeting reminds me of something.

edit on 1-6-2017 by GrandCourtJester because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

National pride, or patriotism, can be a good thing if it means you support the fundamental principles of our form of government. Nationalism is a nineteenth century concept that was used to knit disparate ethnic groups into a coherent body politic. It has since become a code word for racism.

" It has since become a code word for racism." Here, let me fix that for you. "It has in the past few years been twisted by the radical leftist progressives in an attempt to make it a code word for racism." Nationalism is simply pride in the principles put forth in our founding documents. IT IS NOT about race but rather about liberty, fraternity and self-determination. The radical leftist progressive authoritarians don't hold those beliefs so they attempt to demonize anyone who disagrees with them. This includes changing the meaning of words arbitrarily. Nationalism is no more a code word for racism than is a "brown bag lunch" some kind of code for racism.

posted on Jun, 1 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Sorry, you don't own the word. It is about race for some.

For me, it is just empty rhetoric. Some people buy into it and sacrifice for it. I've heard it makes them happy. That's nice, I guess.

posted on Jun, 3 2017 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: User1138

originally posted by: VoxVirtus

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

This was at the NATO meetings. I first saw it on Reddit, where the air was filled with angst and politically correct self loathing. Myself, I beamed with pride for one simple reason: swagger. Did Donald Trump need to shove the PM of Montenegro out of his way? Probably not. Should Donald Trump make it a habit to shove the leaders of other nations out of his way? Not real sure the answer to that, I reckon it depends on circumstances. Is there any reason Trump, as the representative of the most powerful nation on the planet, should show any deference to the representative of Montenegro? Nope, no real reason at all outside of superficial platitudes and political theater.

This gif summarizes what made America great up until politicians like Jimmy Carter and Hollywood made a show over whitewashing the strength of the United States when in the presence of lesser nations' leadership. It's nice to see a return to a time when not only was the USA the biggest, meanest dog on the porch, but we had zero concern over reminding the world frequently of that fact.

.... And this sums up the mentality of just about everyone who voted for Trump:

"EFF everything if it's not America. We are the best and everyone should be bowing down to us and paying tithes to keep us from bombing them into oblivion."

Good job but, you are indeed what is wrong with this country. Not right.

As the "Leaders of the Free World" we need to be leading by example, not by treating everyone like they are less than us. We are all in this together, and by that I mean life. We should be showing each other mutual respect regardless of size, or power. When we start acting like what you've posted above we start to look like a tyrannical monarchy. What has happened the past to tyrannical monarchies? They have been hunted down, pulled from their beds when they were asleep and subjected to a very public and often times brutal execution.

This is your idea of leadership:

This is what you end up doing when it comes down to it:

You the dumbest response of the year award. Who would have thought that wanting peace means I take it up the rear.

Don't mistake kindness for weakness friend. I never said that we shouldn't be ready to defend ourselves, only that we shouldn't be constantly looking for people to "defend" ourselves from.

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
At first I thought people were lying. "Trump just pushed this guy out of the way." I kept thinking it would be some photoshop crap or something with a Jordan Cry Face..but then I saw it...LLOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLL WHHHHHAATTTT!! Then he popped his coat after doing it!!! wow!! LOL

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Personally, I prefer his majestic processional at the G-7...

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Not GIFs but i do like the images

edit on 19/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/6/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Looks like Trump had his foot stepped on to me...

Apparently I am the only one that sees this.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join