It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Like Trump, In One Simple Gif

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

No, you have the wrong picture....

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

I don't think I've ever claimed to be anything other than a knuckle dragging, chest thumping barbarian.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6
I think your definition of swagger is different from my own. If they all go to the beach, maybe he could "swagger" around and kick sand on people and shout "nanny-nanny-boo-boo stick your head in doo-doo."

Maybe Melania is doing some of her own swagger when she swats his hand away.

I find it hilarious that people are somehow equating pushing someone with a projection of power. I see it as a sign of weakness. If someone is so insecure that he feels he must stand in the front of a group during a photo op, then he has more issues than a mere shove will solve.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

I don't think I've ever claimed to be anything other than a knuckle dragging, chest thumping barbarian.

And now an admirer of ill-mannered pompous peacocks!

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Is charming and polite more up your alley? Ted Bundy was very charming and polite.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
I think I'm starting to understand. So if you are born with a certain look, etc...it is unacceptable to make jokes about it. But if you modify yourself to look different...it is fine to poke fun.

That sounds like a good rule of thumb.

Born with a physical disfigurement = not cool

Tat and pierce your face = ok

So I guess the transgender people are now fair game?

Gray area since some say people are born that way.

Maybe even those people who wear their pants below their underwear?

Like super heroes?

How about religion? That is a choice too?

Another gray area since that involves freedom of speech and people think that is protected.

Funny how these rules are less rules and more what fits a particular person's opinion. Ain't it?

And it depends where you are. This is ATS so the rules to follow here are the T&C.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

Is charming and polite more up your alley? Ted Bundy was very charming and polite.

So was Ronald Reagan.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Dig deeper. I detest John Kerry, Barack Obama, most of Hollywood, etc... these are ill-mannered pompous peacocks to me. Imbeciles who are all about style, no substance, no action, simply preening in front of the camera while words fall from their asses. This gif shows a man of action, not a man of words. He saw an obstacle, he physically removed the obstacle, he passed the obstacle. There are times for words, yes... but when we are spending more of our time flapping our gums about what should be done than we are spending actually doing it, then we've lost our way as the the most powerful nation in the world.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:30 PM
link   

No, Les. Ted Bundy was a serial killer.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Dig deeper. I detest John Kerry, Barack Obama, most of Hollywood, etc... these are ill-mannered pompous peacocks to me. Imbeciles who are all about style, no substance, no action, simply preening in front of the camera while words fall from their asses. This gif shows a man of action, not a man of words. He saw an obstacle, he physically removed the obstacle, he passed the obstacle. There are times for words, yes... but when we are spending more of our time flapping our gums about what should be done than we are spending actually doing it, then we've lost our way as the the most powerful nation in the world.

...and I think that is what has some of those leaders in NATO chewing wasps. It's time for them to accept their supporting role and to focus on what they are told to focus on.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Then maybe he should pick the time and place to show those characteristics that you so admire.
This wasn't it. He looked like a strutting fool.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Exactly right. Social behavior is not an indicator of actions and results.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Trump shows he is basically the personification of these characteristics. A caricature of traits people don't like about Americans. Sorry to see it.

Yes...Pictures tell the story of what world leaders really think of Trump..

You're right... they now know they won't get their way. It must be upsetting for them to know their joy ride across the world is over.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Then maybe he should pick the time and place to show those characteristics that you so admire.
This wasn't it. He looked like a strutting fool.

I think he made all other leaders there look like his direct reports.
Doesn't seem to be the kind of boss it would be very nice to work for I must admit, but he is clearly the boss nonetheless.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Exactly right. Social behavior is not an indicator of actions and results.

Indeed it can be, and Bundy is an excellent example of that. A psychopath, a malignant narcissist, who feigned charm as a manipulation to entice his victims, typically young defenseless females.

Narcissistic behavior in social situations is typically false. It has a goal in mind. In this event, Trump, pushed his way through a crowd because of sense of false security, and a feeling of false acceptance. And as you see in this thread, many, evidently including you, thought it was endearing. They are good actors, aren't they?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Trump was walking behind the Prime Minister from Montenegro and talking to someone to his right, when the PM stopped walking Trump almost walked into him. Trump putting his hand on the PM and moving around him was Trump attempting to avoid walking in to the PM, you can even see an annoyed look on Trumps face and the PM also give Trump a pat on the back like he was apologizing for stopping so abruptly.

Full video, fast forward to 2:36:10 for the whole interaction:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Narcissistic behavior in social situations is typically false. It has a goal in mind. In this event, Trump, pushed his way through a crowd because of sense of false security, and a feeling of false acceptance. And as you see in this thread, many, evidently including you, thought it was endearing. They are good actors, aren't they?

Or he pushed his way through to get to his spot for a photo, which did not offend the Montenegrin leader in the slightest according to the leader himself. The puritanical outrage against such a minuscule action, one of exactly zero consequence, proves a narcissism of a different sort. Moral outrage is self-serving in nature. It signals affiliation, and is a property of the worst groupthink.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If Trump had of pulled that Bull Sh!t in the Bars I frequent; he would have woken up in the ER spitting out teeth.

Where do you drink at? The Roadhouse?!? Sounds like you need to raise your standards on your pub choices.

"MOOOOVE B*TCH! Get out the waaaay!"
- Ludacris

MAGA

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

This was at the NATO meetings. I first saw it on Reddit, where the air was filled with angst and politically correct self loathing. Myself, I beamed with pride for one simple reason: swagger. Did Donald Trump need to shove the PM of Montenegro out of his way? Probably not. Should Donald Trump make it a habit to shove the leaders of other nations out of his way? Not real sure the answer to that, I reckon it depends on circumstances. Is there any reason Trump, as the representative of the most powerful nation on the planet, should show any deference to the representative of Montenegro? Nope, no real reason at all outside of superficial platitudes and political theater.

This gif summarizes what made America great up until politicians like Jimmy Carter and Hollywood made a show over whitewashing the strength of the United States when in the presence of lesser nations' leadership. It's nice to see a return to a time when not only was the USA the biggest, meanest dog on the porch, but we had zero concern over reminding the world frequently of that fact.

I take this action from Trump over Obamas bowing down to world leaders ANY.DAY.OF.THE.WEEK.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Or he pushed his way through to get to his spot for a photo, which did not offend the Montenegrin leader in the slightest according to the leader himself.

Because they behaved as adults and let the spoiled one have his way, to avoid a scene. People are people. No doubt they laughed their asses off at him later, behind his back. Who wouldn't have.

Time for cough medicine/antibiotic and a nap.

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join