It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Like Trump, In One Simple Gif

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

No need to wait, we can look at how many people are against him, for whatever reasons, and see that they are not willing to just follow. The same is true of Obama and probably every leader in the world.

All I'm saying is that this alpha male idea doesn't fit no matter how hard some people try to find evidence of it and doing so seems like an attempt to live vicariously through their alpha of choice.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: burdman30ott6

So all you need to feel good about your country is an over-sized orange toddler that has the manners and intelligence of an ogre.

MAGA!!!!!!!!!!

So...just out of curiosity...since you are apparently allowed to make jokes about a person's skin color, am I allowed to do the same about Obama? Or is that reserved only for the left?

And I'm not referring to his race. I'm talking about skin color. Can I make jokes that he looks like he has been wallowing in the mud? Can I post fairly and compare his complexion to a pile of crap? Is that OK with you?

Just curious.
edit on 5/26/2017 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

It's only allowed if it comes from a can.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: daskakik

Oh...ok. Maybe you can direct me to the actual rules so we don't make them up to suit the situation and agenda?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

...Is there any reason Trump, as the representative of the most powerful nation on the planet, should show any deference to the representative of Montenegro? Nope, no real reason at all outside of superficial platitudes and political theater.

This gif summarizes what made America great up until politicians like Jimmy Carter and Hollywood made a show over whitewashing the strength of the United States when in the presence of lesser nations' leadership. It's nice to see a return to a time when not only was the USA the biggest, meanest dog on the porch, but we had zero concern over reminding the world frequently of that fact.

Let me remind you, Captain America, that the US of A owes its very existence to the rest of the world. You lot are a country based on immigration and import of foreign brain power, while throwing your weight around demanding that the rest of the world rolls over and wags the tail.

Let's agree on mutual respect in light of that, shall we?
edit on 26-5-2017 by Uberdoubter because: Type.

link   

The only rules that apply here are the T&C and I'm not sure just what ATS will let you get away with. It's a crap shoot. I do believe that artificial colors are ok. At least they seem to be.

link   
Dick move.

That's not how you act on the international stage, with leaders of other countries, plus it's definitely not a way to put America first again. It's simply showing disrespect to other nations.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Played out in the next four yrs?? Be extremely lucky if he last another four months..

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:02 AM
link   
He's getting more like the Geg Stilson character from the film The Dead Zone every minute..And trust me, it does not end well

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:03 AM
link   
So you like him because he is a petulant, attention seeking spoiled man-child who acts like a 6 year old pushing his way to the head of the lunch line? You like him because he is gearing up to destroy the last and most important military and political alliance through his childishness and lack of even the most basic decorum?

Gotcha. And I'm not surprised. You voted for destruction, and you are getting it. Congrats.

In the meantime, the rest of the country is not amused, nor does this childish display further our interests, make us ,more powerful, or fix the problems in NATO. The rest of us like a country run by competent adults who will not embarrass the crap out of us every morning we wake up.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mclaneinc
He's getting more like the Geg Stilson character from the film The Dead Zone every minute..And trust me, it does not end well

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

The only rules that apply here are the T&C and I'm not sure just what ATS will let you get away with. It's a crap shoot. I do believe that artificial colors are ok. At least they seem to be.

I think I'm starting to understand. So if you are born with a certain look, etc...it is unacceptable to make jokes about it. But if you modify yourself to look different...it is fine to poke fun.

So I guess the transgender people are now fair game? Maybe even those people who wear their pants below their underwear? How about religion? That is a choice too?

Funny how these rules are less rules and more what fits a particular person's opinion. Ain't it?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:31 AM
link   
trump is a real douche bag

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: MysticPearl
He showed Europe and the world what its been missing; backbone. His entire stay in Brussels has been just that. He lit into them with his speech.

Oh please, they were all trying not to laugh at his speech and his conduct.

Fox News: Leaders Appear to Snicker as Trump Calls on NATO Allies to Pay Their 'Fair Share'

originally posted by: ketsuko
When they meet their full treaty obligations, we can talk about how needs to be treated with deference.

How many of them have been paying their 2% annual obligation?

And this is why world leaders were snickering at Trumps speech, because he obviously doesn't understand how Nato works: Nato is not a pool of money or a company people pay to. The 2014 Nato summit agreement said that all countries have agreed to fund their own militaries by 2% of their GDP. I repeat: their own, just to have troops ready if anything was to happen and if article V is invoked. Article V states all Nato countries have to jump to a nation's defense if that nation is attacked. And all countries have until 2024 to increase their military spending by 2%.

Funny enough, article V has only been invoked once: when 9/11 happened. So far the only country that has benefitted from article V has been the US.

Here you can read the summit yourself: Nato Wales Summit Declaration.

originally posted by: paxnatus
That is exactly the type of man most women find very attractive!! Strong leader, gentle and intelligent....It takes those things to be leader and all "ALPHA'S ARE LEADERS!!

Speak for yourself sister, I am attracted to men who possess intelligence, manners and empathy. I could never be attracted to a man with an 'alpha-male-orangutanish' behaviour, I find them repulsive.

And one sincere question: what's with all the capital letters? Unspoken netiquette capitalization = yelling. Why the need to yell?

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Thats no way to endear our allies that he gives a sh--. So why should they? I think it was an embarrassing "GRANDSTANDING" and obvious "SHOWBOATING" move.

IMO. Best, MS

He doesn't need them to like him. To a man/woman, they all know that the USA holds all the cards.
edit on 26/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 05:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Agartha

originally posted by: MysticPearl
He showed Europe and the world what its been missing; backbone. His entire stay in Brussels has been just that. He lit into them with his speech.

Oh please, they were all trying not to laugh at his speech and his conduct.

Fox News: Leaders Appear to Snicker as Trump Calls on NATO Allies to Pay Their 'Fair Share'

originally posted by: ketsuko
When they meet their full treaty obligations, we can talk about how needs to be treated with deference.

And this is why world leaders were snickering at Trumps speech, because he obviously doesn't understand how Nato works: Nato is not a pool of money or a company people pay to. The 2014 Nato summit agreement said that all countries have agreed to fund their own militaries by 2% of their GDP. I repeat: their own, just to have troops ready if anything was to happen and if article V is invoked. Article V states all Nato countries have to jump to a nation's defense if that nation is attacked. And all countries have until 2024 to increase their military spending by 2%.

Funny enough, article V has only been invoked once: when 9/11 happened. So far the only country that has benefitted from article V has been the US.

Here you can read the summit yourself: Nato Wales Summit Declaration.

originally posted by: paxnatus
That is exactly the type of man most women find very attractive!! Strong leader, gentle and intelligent....It takes those things to be leader and all "ALPHA'S ARE LEADERS!!

Speak for yourself sister, I am attracted to men who possess intelligence, manners and empathy. I could never be attracted to a man with an 'alpha-male-orangutanish' behaviour, I find them repulsive.

And one sincere question: what's with all the capital letters? Unspoken netiquette capitalization = yelling. Why the need to yell?

Firstly, can you confirm that picture is from the moment Trump was speaking? I watched the whole speech and the video certainly didn't show what is in that picture. May have been snapped separately, but how do you know when?

Secondly, if they were chuckling then they were doing so after being called out for not paying their way in the NATO which is truthful criticism. Spending 2% on defence is a commitment and no one is talking about some NATO fund that people pay into. Laughing about not meeting your commitments is somewhat disgusting and not something to take joy in just because you don't like Trump. Or are you happy at being screwed over?

They might be laughing on the other side of their faces if Trump pulled all military support for NATO purposes and left them to deal with Russia on their own.
edit on 26/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Lots of triggering goin on in this thread. LOL

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

NATO isn't a country club where you have to pay a certain fee on an annual basis. NATO members agreed to spend 2% of their GDP on defense. Arguably, that could include intelligence, communications infrastructure, and even national health, as all of these contribute to the safety of the nation.

Personally, I think the United States should meet its obligations by reducing it military spending to 2% of GDP.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: ketsuko

NATO isn't a country club where you have to pay a certain fee on an annual basis. NATO members agreed to spend 2% of their GDP on defense. Arguably, that could include intelligence, communications infrastructure, and even national health, as all of these contribute to the safety of the nation.

Personally, I think the United States should meet its obligations by reducing it military spending to 2% of GDP.

Invalid point, as the argument is about what they are spending on defence, not some club. That seems to be a new liberal talking point. There is no obligation to spend less than 2%, only a commitment by all 28 countries to meet the 2%.

posted on May, 26 2017 @ 06:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

Secondly, if they were chuckling then they were doing so after being called out for not paying their way in the NATO which is truthful criticism. Spending 2% on defence is a commitment and no one is talking about some NATO fund that people pay into. Laughing about not meeting your commitments is somewhat disgusting and not something to take joy in just because you don't like Trump. Or are you happy at being screwed over?

Read my reply above: their commitments have to be met by 2024,which Trump obviously does not understand. He also doesn't understand how Nato works, and you obviously don't too, pls re-read my explanation, I don't like repeating myself. Read my link above, the summit, and you'll see.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join