It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I Like Trump, In One Simple Gif

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+85 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:51 PM
link   

This was at the NATO meetings. I first saw it on Reddit, where the air was filled with angst and politically correct self loathing. Myself, I beamed with pride for one simple reason: swagger. Did Donald Trump need to shove the PM of Montenegro out of his way? Probably not. Should Donald Trump make it a habit to shove the leaders of other nations out of his way? Not real sure the answer to that, I reckon it depends on circumstances. Is there any reason Trump, as the representative of the most powerful nation on the planet, should show any deference to the representative of Montenegro? Nope, no real reason at all outside of superficial platitudes and political theater.

This gif summarizes what made America great up until politicians like Jimmy Carter and Hollywood made a show over whitewashing the strength of the United States when in the presence of lesser nations' leadership. It's nice to see a return to a time when not only was the USA the biggest, meanest dog on the porch, but we had zero concern over reminding the world frequently of that fact.

+48 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Thats no way to endear our allies that he gives a sh--. So why should they? I think it was an embarrassing "GRANDSTANDING" and obvious "SHOWBOATING" move.

IMO. Best, MS

+37 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I don't know if that's swagger or just a sad old brat that never got to be the jock in high school. Show deference...no absolutely not...but there's a lot to be said for conducting yourself with humility and manners.

+48 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

If Trump had of pulled that Bull Sh!t in the Bars I frequent; he would have woken up in the ER spitting out teeth.

+73 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   

So all you need to feel good about your country is an over-sized orange toddler that has the manners and intelligence of an ogre.

MAGA!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 5/25/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

+33 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
When they meet their full treaty obligations, we can talk about how needs to be treated with deference.

How many of them have been paying their 2% annual obligation?

+24 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

If Trump had of pulled that Bull Sh!t in the Bars I frequent; he would have woken up in the ER spitting out teeth.

Sure, sure.

+5 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:00 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Is it 2024 yet?

+31 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Man-Spreading Level = EPIC.

+39 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
When they meet their full treaty obligations, we can talk about how needs to be treated with deference.

Nobody is asking Trump to treat anybody with "deference." Deference implies submission to somebody or something.

Common #'ing courtesy is not deference.

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Being the biggest power doesn't mean respect needs to be withheld or lacking toward the world. In the past we didn't see small nations as lesser as far as world members.

Otherwise the US starts to look like a bully.

But I am not meaning to say it bows down and does not take a firm stance when the time is right for that action.
edit on 5/25/2017 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

+20 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Lol, you should have put a trigger warning on here.

Lol

+28 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Such an entitled brat.

Manners cost nothing.

+8 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
They looked rather amused by it frankly. Shrug... I don't say what he did was proper, but unless you were actually there, it's difficult to discern exactly what was going on. Did it look like an ass move? Certainly. HOWEVER...

posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

edit on 5/25/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

+40 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Ah. You are attracted to entitled arrogance. Now I get it.

+20 more 
link   

And what would the right have said if Obama pulled that crap?

+1 more 
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

originally posted by: ketsuko

Nobody is asking Trump to treat anybody with "deference." Deference implies submission to somebody or something.

Common #'ing courtesy is not deference.

Someone needs deescalation training...

link   
Maybe meetings of world leaders can become like Black Friday at Walmart. Might be amusing. Your leader get squashed, should have sent a better one.
edit on 5/25/2017 by roadgravel because: typo

+11 more 
posted on May, 25 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Of course, what we see is lacking in the gif.

How do you know the PM of Montenegro didn't cut him off?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join